Sign in to follow this  
Eraser

Sadie - 双刻の艶

Reading those positive comments at Last.fm, I was wondering what do you guys think about this single. I find it strange that I'm the one who starts this topic, to me it looks like people are not really care for Sadie these days - which is completely understandable, I must add. So here is my first review topic, apologies for any stupidity!  :3

斑-まだら-

After hearing the previews, I was thinking this will be a "retro" song, trying to bring back the early-2000's VK feeling (maybe it's the PV, I don't know, but this song is definitely not what I was expecting after METEOR). I liked it much better than the other preview, and now that the full songs are out, I indeed like it way more than the other A-side. However, it has the good old DIR EN GREY correspondence - especially the chorus, which sounds like audience KILLER LOOP met RINKAKU). But after so many years, I think nobody will be surprised by this.

雪月花

Here is the other A-side, as "safe" as it can be. It's like the remake of the remake of the remake of Kagerou or w/e, I can't keep up anymore. It's that typical Sadie song that everyone knows. If my above lines are not complete bullshit and they wanted to bring back some 00's VK with 斑-まだら-, I think the purpose of this song is to represent the "modern" and "trendy" Sadie. Anyway, I don't say I hate it, because it's still catchy as fuck (and probably that's why they still can release the same song over and over again), but I really hope they will stop with this nonsense and write more original (or at least different) songs next time.

face to face

After being a bit negative here, I can finally show some compliment to Sadie, because I really like this song. Even though it's a B-side and shouldn't be as strong as the others, I think it's easily the best song of the single. They've had written some really good closure tracks to their 3-songs singles (Break the silence, for example), and I think they managed to do this very well again. I'd say it's finally an original song, but since I don't know every VK track in the world, thus I can't be sure, I just say it's a really good song!

Summing it up, I think it was a relatively good single. Thank God for not adding annoyingly bad B-sides like SUICIDAL ROCK CITY and LOUD UP, GENERATION this time (geez, even the titles are annoying as fuck). My only concern is the similarity to other songs, which means every song is good, just not that original it should be. But apart from this, I kinda like this single, and I'm sure I'll listening to it a lot more in the future. Overall score:  :3.0:

I'm not sure where the comparison with audience killer loop comes from tbh, it's all sadie serving uroboros/dss copycat realness. they won't ever try dabbing into vulgar plagiarizing, too complex for them.

I enjoyed ass2ass face to face, though. reminds me of the 5-6 years old sadie that still tried to do something different.

Madara - Uroboros definitely. I feel like that chorus part those is earlier Dir en Grey. Trying to remember what it is. Despite THIS, I LOVE THIS SONG! I feel like this is what Sadie should grow in to. The piano leads the sections and I'm in love with pianos in VK music so woot! lol. 4/5

Setsugekka - In the same style of Ice Romancer, Kagerou, Rain Fall, etc. Just as catchy and just as safe. Not a bad song, but for some reason I can't get into this as much as the other similar songs they've done. I feel like its missing something. Maybe its because I'm getting tired of listening to these kinds of songs from them. 2.5/5

Face 2 Face - I appreciate trying something different but I honestly felt this song was just too all over the place. Like a lot of it didn't match up to me. I felt they did too much with this song. I dunno...don't know...3/5 for unique attempts.

Overall: 3/5 - I think if they could take their style they used for Madara and merge it with the style of Setsugekka, they would have a perfect sound for themselves. Face 2 Face spark my interest but what too all over the place to actually make me like the song as a whole but parts were cool. Overall, Sadie continues to hold my ears whenever they release stuff. They know how to stay just above boring so I don't get tired of them. I wish they could go back to their Master of Romance period and just update that sound BUT they aren't failing with their music right now like others...::cough:::cough:::VIVID::::cough:::

I really hate how much I like this single bacause honestly, I'm sick and tired of how inconsistent SADIE is with their music. MADARA minus Setsu is proof that they are a band with a crapload of potential. Its honestly on par with ROSARIO as one of the best releases that they've released. I don't understand how they can continually keep trolling with droping hits then droppin mediocre crap which was a majority of The Black Diamonds. Calling it now, the next single or release is going to be complete garbage. But regarless this was a well excecuted single. Single song is fresh all the way around and the chorus is just....my goodness....great. Setsu is a typical standard Sadie track that they should stop doing. Worst thing they could do is have that, Meteor, Grieving The dead soul on the same set as a conert. Face to face is another typical VK track but it was still awesomme at the end of the day.

I like.

3.5/5

Madara is awesome (dat piano), 10/10, the rest are playing a bit too safe but still worth a listen from time to time!
I would give this single a 8/10, not bad at all sadie! Still i dont forgive you for your last album that sucked... :P

I agree 100% about face to face, it's the best song of the single. I also agree that Breaking the silence was awesome. That said, for the most part I've tended not to care much for Sadie's B-sides, at least since the MOR album. Rosario of course being the exception to that rule.

Sign in to follow this