Sign in to follow this  
Mamo

What was the first vk band?

There's not really a "first band" and even if there was, it would be extremely debateable considering there are different definitions for what people might consider "visual kei" - especially further back in Japanese rock music before the term was even widely used to describe any bands. There were many glam and hair bands that had visuals people would consider to be similar to what can be found in bands generally accepted as "visual kei," but since a lot of "old skool" J-Rock people hate having their favorite bands arbitrarily being coined as visual kei (for various reasons), there are constant arguments over which ones were "truly visual kei" and which ones weren't.

It's confusing to me . . . @__@

VK is an off shoot of European hair metal. So...European hair metal started it.

Dir en grey

Aka: this topic is pretty pointless since it's a question with a answer, no room for opinions points of view really.

Some topics are just questions with answers doesn't make it pointless I just simply had a question. If you think it's pointless then don't post.

PIERROT, Közi, Sakurai Atsushi, Phobia...

I downloaded mix of song on some blog. So I don't know which was the first, just one from them :spin:

And also in that time (~4 years ago) I didn't know how they look like or even they're some visual kei :D

it happened before i was born

even the fans proclaimed X-JAPAN, D'ERLANGER, COLOR, to be the pioneers

they are probably not the first band

They weren't the first band but

the first band to actually sound vkei was definately Kuroyume.

Most bands including Dir en grey adpopted their style.

Before that there were bands with v-kei look but playing normal metal/hard rock music like X Japan and such.

Sign in to follow this