Aion

What was the first album you bought?

Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover.jpg

Green Day- American Idiot

Before that I was collecting sampler and omnibus CDs (mainly with pop "artists" and chart hits). Actually i only bought this because everyone else in my class have been into them and I wanted to belong to them... I felt really punx while buying the CD *lol* :D'

Let_Go_cover.png

.-. heh

Her whole discography to be exact... I was pretty late getting to purchasing music, digitally and physically, but I remember first doing it physically because I listened to English artists for a good few years as a pre-teen and still have those few CDs from my old favourite musicians. What followed were already mentioned picks like Good Charlotte and Linkin Park.

Was 2 albums at the same time actually.

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

cneKALf.jpg

and Three Days Grace - Three Days Grace

Three-days-grace-three-days-grace-.jpg

Still listen the fuck out of them every once in a while.

Oh and my first Japanese album was FLCL Fooly Cooly Original Sound Track 2: King of Pirates

516GE9R3YZL.jpg

Linkin Park - Meteora and Green Day - American Idiot too ! I can't remember which I bought first but there were the really first albums I bought with my money =D

Let_Go_cover.png

.-. heh

Her whole discography to be exact... I was pretty late getting to purchasing music, digitally and physically, but I remember first doing it physically because I listened to English artists for a good few years as a pre-teen and still have those few CDs from my old favourite musicians. What followed were already mentioned picks like Good Charlotte and Linkin Park.

Same as beni, but just Let Go. At the time I bought it she wasn't popular at all (it was before the Complicated craze), so it was super cheap, even that the price was still in Francs (old french currency, before €). 78Fr, so it should be 12€.

30456-andltahrefhttpwwwjpo-5gla.jpg

Had to snag it when i saw i could afford it!

I was actually looking for what people's first jrock purchases were ever, but I found this thread was already made and I guess it's close enough. :3

So, I'm bringing it back from the dead.

First album I ever bought with my own money was The Offspring - Smash. I still love this album to this day, tbh.

51WypHTS0AL.jpg

First Japanese album was Loudness - Hurricane Eyes, though I bought it like 15 years after it's release.

Loudness_-_Hurricane_Eyes.jpg

The first CD I ever bought was...

Pok%C3%A9mon_The_First_Movie.jpg

the OST for the first Pokemon movie when I was 10 years old.  I had to beg my parents to let me buy it because they though pop music at the time was too sexual, which is weird because they were both into glam metal bands which lyrics weren't any better.

The first Japanese music CD I bought was...

SMILE-L'arc-.jpg

L'arc-en Ciel's Smile when I was 15 years old.  I was actually looking for the "X Japan - Best" DVD/CD release and found this instead at a local FYE.  I ended up getting the X Japan thing a month later at the same store.  At the time, I was super into Laruku, so I was bouncing around the store with the CD being the happiest weeaboo ever.  This album is probably my favorite by Laruku and one of my favorite J-rock albums of all time.

@doombox Smash was probably one of the first rock albums I ever heard. My older brother had borrowed it from his friend. I don't remember any of the other songs, but "Come out and play" and "Self-esteem" are major classics in my book :) 

The first music I ever bought.... man, it was a long time ago, but I want to say it was The Lion King Soundtrack.. on cassette.. lol

As for Japanese music... I could not remember, so I searched through my old e-mails. I believe this was my first order.

I1Eghob.jpg

REDЯUM and BUGY CRAXONE are still two of my most favourite indie-ish bands. Sadly they don't seem to get much love around here.

(Amazon would later tell me "Second Circle" was no longer available and cancelled it on me. I STILL WANT IT)

Edited by peffy

Good Charlotte's self-titled album. I still think it's a lot of fun to listen to.

I'd been given tapes by groups like Aqua, The Spice Girls, etc. by family that I listened to on my Walkman over and over again, but that GC CD was the first one I remember actually buying from the store.