Sign in to follow this  
Cielito

Upper Region - Satsuki

Well, I dig it, of course, if we think of ReS it sucks, but he is experimenting, making new music, using new rhythms, slap bass, something more quiet, maybe he is in that phase of his life, who knows, but it sounds like Santana mixed with old kagrra and some brazilian folk band in some parts, 8/10

Not agreed about the RES thing. In my opinion Rentrer en Soi made better music than he does now. I mean, what was this mini? The re-recordings were horrible, except for Veil of maria, the two new songs were bad, and MOON SPIRAL in English just failed horribly. I'd like to slap some sense into Satsuki for making this instead of making awesome music with ReS. Only songs I liked from his solo project were MOON SPIRAL, CLOSS OF YELLOW and Veil of Maria.

C'mon, stop that, he is not in ReS anymore, and he doesn't want to do that kind of music, accept it and rate this mini without thinking of the past

Better and more memorable than anything post-Sphire Croid RES ever did.

Fixed juuuuust a little.

Honestly, I kind of agree to an extent.

Sphire Croid is really gold and nothing ReS did afterwards compared (except for some parts on The bottom of chaos).

I kind of like Satsuki's little solo thing going on because it does really remind me a lot of ReS older era (like Rain Drop and Veil of Maria).

This album was pretty disappointing to me. There really was no reason to re-record material from his earlier singles but what's done is done. No really highlights on the album either but the re-recording of Veil of Maria had some interesting new tweaks to it.

I wouldn't consider his solo career a fail just yet. He has a few good songs up his sleeve (and by few I mean few. Maybe three or four) so far but I hope he continues with more. He needs to (hopefully soon) release a full album or mini with no re-recordings. Have 3 or 4 Veil of Maria-type songs and a bunch of La Lunes' and Closs of Yellows' and i'll be set.

C'mon, stop that, he is not in ReS anymore, and he doesn't want to do that kind of music, accept it and rate this mini without thinking of the past

I won't brag about that, if this is his choice, then it's his choice, not mine. Still I can say that he could make better music with ReS, but if he doesn't want that anymore, then that's a bummer. Even without looking back at what he used to do, I still found it fairly disappointing. Especially the second track. WTH was that!?!!

New songs are good enough, but my dragging in RES would be... WHERE'S THE FLOW OF TIME [out of cradle] PART TWO!? augh.

Putting that aside, I thought moonspiral would have benefited more if he just made the whole thing acoustic instead of the intro, augh, seriously. The choruses in awake and crystal will ALWAYS take away what other improvements were made. And I don't know if Veil is better or not...

... ... ... Potential, but the better songs will obviously come from others. [TAKUMI APPEAR!!!]

I liked the whole mini actually. Well old songs haven't changed a bit and new ones are good too. Horizon is very good actually. Can't review this well because most of the songs are old ones.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am happy he makes something different to RES because it would just sound pathetic.

awake and crystal are some floppy happy sunshine sucky-chorus songs which satsuki simply shouldnt sing. seriously guys this guy was RES' singer! one of the most epic bands of this world ever. but i hey i just cant compare this to any RES stuff since this would be like -1000000/10 then.

veil of maria remix is good. nice atmospheric intro and stuff. but its not better than the original.

horizon is so simple but it grew on me, catchy chorus.

that 6 minute long piano klimper klimper i sing some melody lines which got no real melody at all is terrible.

english moon spiral. terrible.

2/10 since veil is still good and horizon is decent

b o r i n g ! RES was much better - so the reason y they split up was coz he didn't like the way the band turned out (which was heavy) whut a pussy :D

How do you know that?

I love Rentrer en Soi btw, but they were never a heavy band at all. Lol at that statement.

And Satsuki solo ain't all that. Some decent stuff, but nothing memorable or anything.

b o r i n g ! RES was much better - so the reason y they split up was coz he didn't like the way the band turned out (which was heavy) whut a pussy

i think this too! totally.

but if he hated res i wouldn't want him to continue no mater how great they were. he would be fake

@Mono2: compared to satsuki solo they were heavier.

he seems like he wants to turn back in the style when res started

i disagree i love heavy rentrer

and i love that res was heavy and soft. how it has 2 sides

although i like some of satsuki work but not this single

and i'm tired of comparing him with res but it's unavoidable

it's a price he pays and a gain

now satsuki wants to be an angel only

and i'm happy he does what he wants it's kind of interesting although i miss res

i don't want a band if the musicians themselves don't like it anymore. that's sad

b o r i n g ! RES was much better - so the reason y they split up was coz he didn't like the way the band turned out (which was heavy) whut a pussy :D

Fucking lol'd. RES was never heavy at all. Hard rock at most.

That's a stupid thing to say. Hard Rock can be heavy as fuck of course, just like Heavy Metal doesn't have to be heavy at all and so on. Blue Öyster Cult's Cities on Flame With Rock n' Roll is a proof that Hard Rock can be heavy, and everyone trying to say thati sn't a heavy song is just as stupud fuck. Like it or not, but that's heavy. The opening riff just crushes you!

But I do agree about the fact that Rentrer en Soi was never a heavy band. Can't think of a single jrock band that's actually making heavy music. That's something they A) fail at, or B) don't try.

Fucking lol'd. RES was never heavy at all. Hard rock at most.

(wtf is wrong with you people and drama here xD)

i thought everyone understands what he wants to say

can't you see the difference between aqua and AMONGST FOOLISH ENEMIES etc for example.

now satsuki does songs only like "aqua"

no one said they are heavy metal or something wtf

^ Honestly I don't care. I just wanted comment because of that "whut a pussy" comment, which was so dum.

That's a stupid thing to say. Hard Rock can be heavy as fuck of course, just like Heavy Metal doesn't have to be heavy at all and so on. Blue Öyster Cult's Cities on Flame With Rock n' Roll is a proof that Hard Rock can be heavy, and everyone trying to say thati sn't a heavy song is just as stupud fuck. Like it or not, but that's heavy. The opening riff just crushes you!

But I do agree about the fact that Rentrer en Soi was never a heavy band. Can't think of a single jrock band that's actually making heavy music. That's something they A) fail at, or B) don't try.

Maybe we have a different definition of heavy. When I think of heavy, I automatically think of nowadays metal, like Wintersun and stuff. Sure, bands like Black Sabbath are considered heavy metal, because they were one of those who started it. But seriously, if they started today, no one would call them a metal band.

Most people on TW relate to more Nu Metal-influenced stuff of VK-bands when they use the term "heavy" - my definition of the word is a different one too, for me it's a special sound some bands have to them, i guess Mono2 pretty much said what i mean. Maybe it's the wrong term to describe RES' harder stuff, but i think most people here get what someone means when he talks about "heavier" songs.

I think some of you use the term "metal" too close-minded by the way, stuff like "Unending Sanctuary" has clearly a metal basis to it, it's just that many of you think only Death, Black, Thrash and so on are real metal, for me Nu Metal and Metalcore are directly related to metal as well. Hard Rock is really the wrong term when you talk about heavier (;D) stuff by VK-bands, i never heard a band connected to VK playing that kind of music (except for some of the early VK-prototypes from the 80s), it's just a completely different genre.

Sign in to follow this