Sign in to follow this  
Cielito

Upper Region - Satsuki

oh fcuk guys... if i say "heavy", i don't mean effing "heavy METAL"... if u compare the older releases with the last ones, they got hardER/heaviER (called it whutever u want)

Well, it's almost obvious that guy, who has got Satsuki's pic as his avatar, must enjoy this EP/mini-album. After all I mentioned it in another thread, where we just type best releases from 2010. And for me this release is almost perfect. I don't want to try to convince these from You, who think, Satsuki sacks, that it's different, 'cause it would seem as if I tilted at windmills :-) It would be just senseless. But I'd like to join Your discussion, though.

At the beginning, let's say objectively English version of "MOON SPIRAL" isn't good at all. It's very difficult to enjoy whole song with such bad English of my beloved idol, even there's so wonderful vocal. It's probably the worse song on this mini-album. Then, we have average "AWAKE" and "CRYSTAL". Right, they're nice, but there's no such power that can just move. "Horizon" is simple, but very enjoyable, although his English still could be better. He needs really to work more with this problem. New version of "Veil of MARIA" seems to me... more aggressive than it's original, but it's still good song. It has just another atmosphere in there. But the best song from "UPPER REGION", best track from this whole year (and best PV since RES disbanded :-)) that really can hold You into "upper region" of sensitivity is "Ryuushi..." called by many of You i.e. "6 minute long piano klimper klimper" (morbiusss)... You just don't have this necessary sensitivity, right? So, this song is not for You. I, personally, as it shows my last.fm scrobbler, since September listened to it about 400 times. I love in there all: piano, lyrics, passion in his voice, Finnish verses...

In my opinion, I can agree that it's only a question about definition, how to understand term "heavy"/"hard". For me RES since their departing with Yukari started to play heavier than before, as it is perceptible for many others from You too and I can even say, there was such tendency to play even heavier. Potential differences between "Bottom of chaos" and "Megiddo" are for me honestly good proof for it. But anyway, how to define this "nu-metal tag", Satsuki didn't change his mind at all and just don't like this kind of music any more. It would be just a false to say something this way. From some reasons, that can be puzzle me, he plays more pop music only in studio recordings. Some sources? Together with mini-album we had have also about 15 minutes DVD release, where we could listen some parts of his this year's live performances. And I don't know, how he did it; maybe it's because of help session musicians, maybe Mika's arrangements (after all Mika rather still supports him), or something like that, but effects are just excellent. It's really "harder/heavier" than on CDs, that just surprised me and I started to be more excited about his 6th oneman at 24th December, partly like in old, good RES times. Satsuki still develops his music skills, so we probably don't have to worry about him himself. It's only problem, what think about this last studio releases... 'cause examples like English "MOON SPIRAL" are really terrible... maybe we just still have to wait for something... watching his lives and hoping, it'll be still better in future. For me "Ryuushi...", or "Out of Cradle part II ~the return~" is just a beautiful path, gate to brand new possibilities... Diamond between some worse, average tracks and crappy "MOON SPIRAL". At this moment we can only guess, where can this path lead us in future...

I don't expect You to polemicize with my personal opinion. I'm even partly afraid that it can change into some similar misunderstanding like in the case of my posts in this already closed Rumors' thread about case of Jasmine Yuu's death... but let's see.

Regards.

Sign in to follow this