Sign in to follow this  
digi

Old school ガゼット~

Got the idea for this thread by watching these videos~

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ah59WQB24Q ... fo=0&rel=0

http://www.youtube.com/embed/GgOzPK33VU ... fo=0&rel=0

Is anyone else really nostalgic of this? I mean...going major and becoming more mainstream is definately important for a band but, I miss old school like crazy • ^ • all oldschool VK actually~

Does anyone agree?

I mainly miss the older vk (1989-1995), I love the matina/kp bands but I prefer the earlier vk.

ZI:KILL, LUNA SEA,BUCK-TICK, D'ERLANGER, Silver~rose, Kuroyume, Malice mizer, Gilles de rais to name a few...

He/she was talking about old Gazette, not VK in general.

In a few words, old Gazette > new Gazette. DISORDER, MADARA and the single with zetsu/Miseinen are still their best releases imo.

I mainly miss the older vk (1989-1995), I love the matina/kp bands but I prefer the earlier vk.

ZI:KILL, LUNA SEA,BUCK-TICK, D'ERLANGER, Silver~rose, Kuroyume, Malice mizer, Gilles de rais to name a few...

In a few words, old Gazette > new Gazette. DISORDER, MADARA and the single with zetsu/Miseinen are still their best releases imo.

I miss old school like crazy • ^ • all oldschool VK actually~

He also kind of implied both.

The only nostalgic thing for me about the GazettE was talking to my friend Sadah in school about them since she really liked them (this was the 12th grade). I also remember seeing 'the gazette is not dead' plastered all over youtube and went through a small, yet highly embarrassing, nose-tie phase. I never really got into them except for when another friend showed me a few of their songs. I may have been trying to impress her by liking it, but the only song that really stuck with me was "$ocial Riot Machine$." Aside from that, I hold no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.

I miss old school like crazy • ^ • all oldschool VK actually~

He also kind of implied both.

Yeah, I missed that. I just went by the name of the thread.

Love ZI:KILL and Luna Sea :3 But still agree...I can't really get into new VK bands but matina or key party bands keep me interested in VK still~

Hmm this brings up something else and it would be the fact the meaning of VK has dissapeared completely... I'm seriously going to make a kotekote oldschool VK band and bring back Matina/Key Party/Anarchist themes •________ •

Old old GazettE, as in everything from Wakaremichi to Cockayne Soup was pretty awful tbh. Don't miss it at all.

Old GazettE, as in everything from Cockayne Soup to NIL, was pretty cool with the exception of one or two tracks. Zakurogata no Yuuutsu still annoys me to this day.

Old-New GazettE, as in everything from NIL to DIM, was also alright, with the exception of that awful "STACKED RUBBISH" era

New GazettE, as in everything after DIM, is awful.

So depending on what time period you're talking about, I might agree.

Hmm this brings up something else and it would be the fact the meaning of VK has dissapeared completely... I'm seriously going to make a kotekote oldschool VK band and bring back Matina/Key Party/Anarchist themes •________ •

Considering how this happens with other music scenes(post punk and synthpop lo-fi bands showing up recently, for example) I'm still surprised some lo-fi kotekote kei scene hasn't started. I believe it would be a decent way to revive the scene: going back to the basics. No dance-metalcore-electronic-nu-metal stuff, just oldschool with shit recordings all the way.

Considering how this happens with other music scenes(post punk and synthpop lo-fi bands showing up recently, for example) I'm still surprised some lo-fi kotekote kei scene hasn't started. I believe it would be a decent way to revive the scene: going back to the basics. No dance-metalcore-electronic-nu-metal stuff, just oldschool with shit recordings all the way.

This all the way.

I used to like the old Gazette (Machibouke one of my fave song by 'em)

But i understand your argument. I like these new neo vk bands, but sometimes i really miss bands like this:

Qh40fDV4oJk

...And a lot of others, like Fiore, Clutch, Karen, and the kotekote bands like Metis Gretel T_T

But i understand your argument. I like these new neo vk bands, but sometimes i really miss bands like this:

Qh40fDV4oJk

...And a lot of others, like Fiore, Clutch, Karen, and the kotekote bands like Metis Gretel T_T

Oh gosh Karen is amazing ^ w ^

And I like that song . w . I can't really seem to get into these newer bands, but I'm always willing to try them out • w •

Old Gazette(from Cockayne Soup on, like Zess mentioned) was really cool. Zetsu and Miseinen are amazing songs, especially instrumentally.

Everything post-NIL is um...yea. Not bad, but just doesn't do it for me.

Qh40fDV4oJk

What year was this band? They're really good.

Qh40fDV4oJk

What year was this band? They're really good.

They seem like they are from around 2003-2006

Guest mitsubana

Old school ガゼット....was amazing.

Oh well, how do we start? Old Gazette were pretty much fitting into the whole obscure indie Matina thing, since they basically were first on that label. So their look and musical style was very much up to my liking, even though they weren't as dark as Nagoya kei groups of that time or actually comparable to kost of their label colleagues. I really like their first material after they went from indie to PSC as well. It sounded fresh, new and more like the early 2ks yet it still had the very first Gazette flair. And I liked the way ruki sang. I feel his singing has changed dramatically and everything that was unique to his style has vanished...

That said, I started to dislike their work ca. 2006 or 2007. That was generally the time a lot of bands I loved started to change sounds heavily in favor of popularity since the old school sound became pretty much obsolete. I can understand why Gazette did this as well... I just miss songs like Wakaremichi. I still bought their NIL album. Stacked Rubbish didn't impress me enough to make a buy worth and after that I didn't feel anything anymore listening to songs or previews.

I don't have a problem with the bandmember looking like Hosts instead of rocking the leather clothes and funky dyed hairs. I have a problem with how uncreative, boring and just insignificant they became. Every song's seem to be the same and they just lack whatever made me fall in love with their older stuff.
Call me a pissed "forever stuck in the past" fan, but i will always like old (and oldschool vk) Gazette much more.

Gazette is coming to Chile. Actually a TV channel is promoting the concert right now as I write this and they will give some tickets away if people can tell what the name of the PV they are now playing is.

I used to like Gazette, not as a crazy fan, but there are many songs I like. Now they sound very westernised and that killed their flavour to me.

Sign in to follow this