Sign in to follow this  
iSin-Sama

WiiU = Awesome.

I wonder if it will be good.

I'm always up for a new Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. game!

I will say, I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have compatibility with Gamecube games like the Wii did...

But the Wii DOES have compatibility with GC games. At least mine does.

Also dat bayonetta 2

Sorry, I worded it kinda confusingly. I meant that because the Wii DOES play GC games, (and the WiiU does NOT), I can't really sell off my Wii. Even if I buy the WiiU, I'll still have to keep my old Wii around if I wanna play my (small) GC collection/ utilize my GC controllers on Wii games.

I wonder if it will be good.

I'm always up for a new Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. game!

I will say, I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have compatibility with Gamecube games like the Wii did...

Hell yes.

Sorry, I worded it kinda confusingly. I meant that because the Wii DOES play GC games, (and the WiiU does NOT), I can't really sell off my Wii. Even if I buy the WiiU, I'll still have to keep my old Wii around if I wanna play my (small) GC collection/ utilize my GC controllers on Wii games.

People like me who thought they were getting a deal when they bought the black Super Mario Wii's only got those systems for cheaper because the GC compatibility was removed. D:

I am anti excited for the WiiU. Here are my reasons:

1. Dumbest. Name. Ever.

2. The update to HD is not enough. With only giving the WiiU enough power to match the 360 and PS3, you will not see the triple A titles on WiiU once "PS4" and the "720" are out.

3. The fact that in order to port a game over to the WiiU a lot more needs to be done to accommodate the screen controller.

4. The screen controller is just the next gimmick...and it really isn't that new. I remember doing similar stuff on Gamecube with a GBA. In the end it is still a gimmick....there will be some fun games and innovate uses, but by the end of it's life cycle I think it will be just as tired as motion controls are now.

5. I DON'T think Ninty understands the "hardcore" gamer fan base anymore. That isn't where the money is, I understand that, so I can hardly blame them...but the part that bothers me is they say otherwise. Common, Ninty, we aren't stupid!

5. Nintendo's 1st party games aren't what they used to be. Brawl was a let down. Metroid: Other M was a pile of crap. Zelda feels really tired (imo). Kirby has been dumbed down. Mario Kart Wii was the worst 3D Mario Kart by a ways. New Super Mario Bros was fun the first time around on DS and Rayman Origins showed that the formula could be done was better anyways. Super Mario Galaxy was great, but 2 was really not needed and made it feel like Ninty was running out of ideas. Bowling in Wii Sports was fun, but it sparked the huge motion control craze followed by a bunch of other mediocre mini games. You buy Nintendo for the 1st party games, not the 3rd party, and I am not sure they have that in spades any more.

6. Mii's still look like ass and they probably always will.

Ok, my rant is over. I guess what I am saying is that fuck no, I am not buying a WiiU. At least not for a long while or unless Nintendo managed to do something that blows my mind.

Honestly I've only had fun with Ninetendo's handheld systems. Game cube was awesome only because of the Metroid games for it. The DS has had a lot of really cool games for it though~. The 3DS looks pretty enticing. Honestly the whole screen controller thing seems like a console version of the DS so I don't really see how it is "innovative" or new. Ito is also right about the GBA and GC combo predating the WiiU. Nintendo has always seemed to recycle designs and ideas anyway. I mean, look at that old Donkey Kong hand held.

donkey.jpg

That is totally the DS design. The WiiU seems to be Nintendo trying to bring the DS dual screen thing to the television while also expanding on the Game Boy Advance and Gamecube connection idea.

I just want to know if they will release new Pokémon for this console.

That's all i care when it comes to handheld console coming from Nintendo.

Aside of Mario and Kirby.

Plus they're still making people use friends code.

Are

You

Fucking

Kidding

Me?

Yes, at least that's what they said at the E3 interview or conference. This just proves nintendo isn't fully capable of utilizing the internet. Thus making them one generation behind of other consoles. I guess it seems to them they're ok with that.

To get more of an insight of the console business, I recommend listening to this podcast episode. I learned quite a lot from these guys. Just skip the first segment.

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15007

I agree with almost everything Ito said. I honestly find it underpowered/too late in the cycle, pricy, lacking the novelty of the original Wii. The new gamepad looks like a extrapolation of their DS hardware and a really extrange attept of getting on the tablet wagon without putting multitouch funcionality or being able to carry it around your house. Weird.

I like some of the first party Nintendo titles but as an owner of all the current platforms from this generation I really think the launch lineup is really lacking a powerfull exclusive game for the most enthusiastic players.

As much as I love Smash, I would rather pick a 3DS, cheaper and with a more solid exclusive lineup that will also have that very same game. Bayonetta 2 and monster hunter 3G are tempting but again, the second one only makes 3DS more desireable, not WiiU. And the first one, well, that was kind of a low blow. At least we are getting I secuel somehow, I gess.

I am not sure about the friend codes thing though, their PR said people would have some kind of profile.

Yeah no more friend codes. It integrates with your Nintendo account~

We have one with New Super Mario Bros U, which is fun. But.. mario is mario. But I do say, that two player in the game is pretty fun with the tablet (let's the tablet user place blocks and affect the game in certain ways)

We use the tablet as a controller for our TV and cable more than anything though (it honestly replaced about 3 of our controllers).

We only have a 510 sq ft. one bedroom apartment, and I was hoping to be able to play Mario while in bed when I can't sleep on the tablet, but I can't get anymore than 10-15 feet from the console before it loses connection. That's okay though, because I got a vita to fill my mobile gaming void.

With everything that I said though, I'm not bashing the console. I enjoy it, and I look forward to what Nintendo (and hopefully, other third party developers) bring to the console. I'm excited for the new zelda(s) and mario kart that will be coming out.

Sign in to follow this