Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

雅-MIYAVI- new album "SAMURAI SESSIONS vol.1" release

This is shaping up to be a great album. The track with Seiji Kameda was the one I was the most excited about and it sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to the full thing.

not spectacular but cool enough to get me interested in this album...

can someone point me in the right direction as to where to start with this guys discog. ive only heard/seen a few of his pvs; i admire his skill with the guitar, but i've found the music to be very forgettable.

@Miasma: Miyavi definitely shines on guitar more than anything else. He has a really good rhthym even though he's definitely leaning more to the right than left~. Probably best place to start would be the Miyaviuta Dokusou album and also Seven Samurai Sessions mini-album. This Iz The Japanese Kabuki rock is alright but he was just trying too hard to revolutionize the vk scene with it even though what he did was HIGHLY interesting and entertaining. (Even down to the annoying fat guy MCing/rapping during the songs. Glad Miyavi cut that out.) The What's My Name album is ok and interesting on some levels but is ultimately lacking something and a lot of the songs have a very rough almost demo feel to it. (Probably because it was his first album after PSC and he didn't have their polishing budgets and shit.) He's def one of the most rebellious in the scene and that makes him worth keeping an eye on. Plus his music is nice.

This preview is actually really awesome to me. There is some acid quality entering his songs now and his english is always getting better. I'm really pumped for this mini-album and feel like it's going to be the MYV revival time~! :'D

not spectacular but cool enough to get me interested in this album...

can someone point me in the right direction as to where to start with this guys discog. ive only heard/seen a few of his pvs; i admire his skill with the guitar, but i've found the music to be very forgettable.

You might want to check MYV pops, it's got a lot of his hit songs, some acoustic stuff and some band styled stuff, he tries out a few different genres too!

Dunno if anyone posted this yet, but found a cool video:

uHgoB-A0gsA

Sadly, it seems this is the full song (so short~ xD). By the way the shamisen dude (Agatsuma Hiromitsu) will take part in one of the tracks on Miyavi's upcoming mini album, but it will not be this song. Looks like this was part of some youtube/online project collaboration thingie.

^ Thanks for the link! I kinda like the video more than the music actually, at least on first look/listen. xD

I agree to be honest. I really liked the preview but the full song is just kinda meh :/

Sign in to follow this