Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

The truth behind ZeluvA

So what do all of the following pages (and many more I am too lazy to find) have in common?

http://jessy95-japanesej-rocklove.blogs ... -2012.html

http://visualscandal3.blogspot.com/2012/08/single.html

http://www.last.fm/music/ZeluvA

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17706

CAT5 and Biopanda decided to do a little experiment on the people of MH to see if anyone could detect an audible difference between visual and non-visual music. Take one part non visual band UMBERBROWN, one part unknown VK band ZeluvA. Fabricate a "demo" with two songs from the non-visual band, tag them in katakana/kanji to make them look legit, smack a picture of three overdressed men on the top of the post and upload it to Monochrome Heaven.

tl;dr - You all got trolled. Big time. That also includes you blogspots, harvesters of the download section that take and repost things without even paying attention to what it is. You got trolled twice as hard.

In case you didn't get it, everyone that downloaded ZeluvA thinking they were listening to some crazy obscure VK band were actually listening to a well-established non-visual band, a band that if posted as is would have been overlooked because their music is "crappy/not worth listening to/doesn't have that VK charm". Moreover, those people enjoyed it. Cue some shouts on last.fm proving this fact.

x_clown_crown_x

They're pretty good ! Much potentional ! [3] ♥♥♥

Suicide_Island

They will become a really great band ♥. I just love them.

Min-Jung

They're pretty good ! Much potentional ! [2]

Now before you go on a massive rage and purge the impurity from your otherwise perfect collection of VK, ponder this: you all enjoyed the music when you thought it was VK. Wouldn't you continue to enjoy it now even when you know the truth? Are you even thinking about maybe checking out this band that has "potential" a little further to see if there's more you like? Maybe, even maybe, do you like the sound of non-visual music as well as visual music and that it's something also worth looking into?

Perhaps there is more to Japanese music than indies VK.

Perhaps you really can't tell the difference between VK and non-VK.

Maybe we should do something as a forum to change that mentality.

aa669c35_reverse-1233928590_citizen20kane20clapping.gif

<3 Thanks for the write-up Zessy. I'd consider this experiment to be a complete success, though you've mostly got Cat to thank for it, I just helped find an obscure VK band as a cover.

Guest Magatsu

Hahaha...

That's why it sounded good.. no wonder why I did like it.

I was already thinking "this sound actually way better then normal new VK band music"

soo they actually look like this?

Artist-1506828-umberbrown_artistphoto2010_purevolume.jpg

EDIT: btw they really do look hot. way better then those VK bands XD

"goes check that band out"

I love NON V-KEI stuff!!

But I really need to check out more non-vkei bands. but I'm just to lazy.. *laugh*

ok honsestly i download it and thought that's ok but boring and a little generic better than other though. and i listen it only once and didn't like it.

so nothing different there. same reaction. so how is this trolling succesful

i am just glad i waited before i say thanks

of course there is no difference dah. it's rock music they just dress differently wtf .i thought that was common knowledge.i mean what's the point.why should i know who they are.

you mean we should give more chances to other genres? people want to listen to vkei not only because of the music but they like vkei dress code more and vkei mentality. so get over it . they don't like indies looks .they prefer vkei.

accept it! is a conscious decision people do you know

(they don't look bad though : 3)

edit: personally i don't mind though trying other genres. but seems you can't accept that some people just like vkei more xD

ok honsestly i download it and thought that's ok but boring and a little generic better than other though. and i listen it only once and didn't like it.

so nothing different there. same reaction. so how is this trolling succesful

i am just glad i waited before i say thanks

of course there is no difference dah. it's rock music they just dress differently wtf .i thought that was common knowledge.i mean what's the point.why should i know who they are.

you mean we should give more chances to other genres? people want to listen to vkei not only because of the music but they like vkei dress code more and vkei mentality. so get over it . they don't like indies looks .they prefer vkei.

accept it! is a conscious decision people do you know

(they don't look bad though : 3)

That's not the point of this I think. The idea behind the experiment more seems like "if people see VK, they'll like it." Pretty much saying that it doesn't matter what a band sounds like, as long as its presented as VK they'll listen to it. Which is something most of the people here don't agree with I guess. Lots of people care about the music first. Others are different and when they see it's an indie band, they probably won't even pay attention. Take that same indie band, and give them a different "look" and suddenly everyone wants to check them out. That's what it's about "looks" over "music". Which is sad. The overall VK scene isn't much better than most of the "emo" scene. "Don't look the part" => "Don't care". (And I did loads of interviews with bands from that scene so don't go and tell me that I'm saying that because I have something against it)

I, for one, couldn't care less if bands are VK or not. Whatever sounds good, I'll listen to. Hell, I listen to just about anything :s

Fucking awesome. I lol'd for real.

I didn't check out the "band" with the "demo", but I sincerely do not doubt that people listened to it and thought it was good simply because it's VK.

What people need to do is broaden their horizons and try and change their perspectives on artists as they grow. Art and music are never static. That's why when people started giving D'espairsRay shit I never understood why because it's not like Hizumi's voice is less good, it's not like Karyu forgot how to play the guitar it's just their sound changed a little... Try and grow with the artists you claim to be a fan of and if you're trying out new artists never strictly listen because you only listen to VK music. The genres one of my favorite because of the visuals, but let's face it. When listening to the music you don't necessarily see them. So the talent has to be there.

Just some food for thought, but I totally applaud this trollfest!

aa669c35_reverse-1233928590_citizen20kane20clapping.gif

<3 Thanks for the write-up Zessy. I'd consider this experiment to be a complete success, though you've mostly got Cat to thank for it, I just helped find an obscure VK band as a cover.

lol, I figured the obscure band part woulda had to have been your doing. :P

Wow it's very a shame... I don't understand why and what motive it, we can't accept this sort of manipulation.

Thank's to CAT5 et Biopanda to abuse me with this fake demo. Sorry if I don't know every of your band and if my first japanese band are visual kei... so you can't approve because is bad... and we don't care if you judge your favorite band aren't appreciate.. if you want it was discover, share their cd with us and don't make this sort of manipulation....

Wow it's very a shame... I don't understand why and what motive it, we can't accept this sort of manipulation.

Thank's to CAT5 et Biopanda to abuse me with this fake demo. Sorry if I don't know every of your band and if my first japanese band are visual kei... so you can't approve because is bad... and we don't care if you judge your favorite band aren't appreciate.. if you want it was discover, share their cd with us and don't make this sort of manipulation....

Except if we hadn't pretended that it was a VK band, then you and 99% of the other people who downloaded it would have completely skipped over the thread.

Guest Magatsu

I'll even think that the question now is.

Would people love to hear more music of "UMBERBROWN"?

I would say 100% YES PLEASE.

only 2 bad that they only have one album on itunes.. and that album you can even DL not legal (>_<)

Otherwise I would buy some more shizzel. ^^"

Nice little joke.

However there's no way anyone can assume people might have skipped this band entirely. There are no statistics to back this up. Nobody knows how many people would've downloaded the music if the correct artist picture was posted. If you see this as an 'experiment'... well, you can't because you don't have any real results!

Now if you posted this music on two different forums (but both regarding Japanese Rock music of course), one time with the correct band photo and one time with the incorrect VK photo, only then you can talk of an experiment and compare the # of downloads as a percentage of the total active forum users. Then you can prove a point with results!

But now it's just a little joke. :wink:

I think you could ask either Cat or Zess how many downloads or thanks they get for their non-vk uploads and use that as statistics.

I bow down to you masters!! This is truly amazing! And it is absolutely true how many people are like this.

You people that don't like this prank/experiment, here's a little thing to tell you. The people that don't really care what they look like (I listen to a lot of VK but I have a lot of non-vk in my iPod as well) laugh and applaud because this is simply trolling and ingenuity at its finest. Those that listen to only VK or try a band because that guy's eyes are gorgeous, the guy looks badass, or they are all hot or some of that crap I've heard, you're the only ones butthurt about this.

lololol, this is priceless.

Never checked whatever thread it was but I think I saw the name somewhere on my twitter timeline. You guys sure kick ass, you should do this more often

"For a new VK band, they sound fairly promising."

I knew this could never truly be typed by Cat!!!

There should have been a second experiment before all was revealed, where the music was something TOTALLY un-VK, like post-rock or Boris or something. Because "Zeluva" could at least pass for a VK band, sound-wise.

Would have been interesting to see the response.

Nice little joke.

However there's no way anyone can assume people might have skipped this band entirely. There are no statistics to back this up. Nobody knows how many people would've downloaded the music if the correct artist picture was posted. If you see this as an 'experiment'... well, you can't because you don't have any real results!

Now if you posted this music on two different forums (but both regarding Japanese Rock music of course), one time with the correct band photo and one time with the incorrect VK photo, only then you can talk of an experiment and compare the # of downloads as a percentage of the total active forum users. Then you can prove a point with results!

But now it's just a little joke. :wink:

why bother with real data when they can just use a few last.fm shouts & be as smug as they like?

@zess you are such a whiny baby. "ah bloo bloo no1cares about my shitty indie band" why the fuck do you care so much. i listen to shit nobody cares about but you dont see me throwing a forum wide panty tantrum because people would rather listen to the gazette or w/e.

vk made this forum and vk will always make this forum. hth.

how lonely are u zess

lonely

4 the touch of a woman

a y n r a n d

as long as they make good music, who cares vk or not?

the post is too long and i am too lazy,

someone be able to tell me which band those 2 songs belongs to?

thanks alot!!