Trombe

YOHIO new album release

It has been announced in Swedish newspaper Expressen that YOHIO is confirmed as one of the contestants in Melodifestivalen 2013 the Swedish national selection for Eurovision Song Contest 2013. No more info is revealed yet, but a press conference from SVT will be held on November 19 where all contestants will be official.

Also, YOHIO's record label confirmed to Expressen that they indeed have sent one song to the contest but they have no more info.

http://www.expressen.se/noje/yohio-klar ... estivalen/

This Monday, it was officially revealed by Swedish broadcaster SVT, that YOHIO will participate in Melodifestivalen 2013 (swedish national selection for Eurovision Song Contest 2013). He will compete in the 1st semi-final in Karlskrona with the English lyrics song "Heartbreak Hotel" (written by: Johan Fransson, Tobias Lundgren, Tim Larsson, Henrik Göranson & YOHIO)

More info: http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/har- ... valen-2013

Also, more info about album release. YOHIO will release the 1st full album "BREAK the BORDER" on 2013/04/24. The album will be available in two editions. English lyrics album (for Sweden/Europe) and Japanese lyrics album (for Japan).

YOHIO participated tonight in Melodifestivalen 2013 (Swedish national selection for Eurovision Song Contest 2013) with song "Heartbreak Hotel" and he was voted and qualified directly to the big final in Friends Arena in Stockholm.

Swedish people apparently like visual kei after all, with the fact that Melodifestivalen is the absolutely biggest TV-show in Sweden and the best way to make publicity in Sweden is to participate in this TV-show.

Horrible song tbh. But then again, all songs sucked.

Could be that he didn't composed this song himself. I'm quite sad that he's getting popular and introducing visual kei in Sweden with a song that doesn't sound visual kei. I wanted him to participate with one of his own songs...

English lyrics version of "BREAK the BORDER" will be released one month earlier than planned 2013-03-27 due to Melodifestivalen.

Artwork cover is revealed:

break_the_border-22923324-frntl.jpg
BREAK the BORDER English Lyrics Version (Sweden/Europe Release)

uicn-1031_01_xl.jpg
BREAK the BORDER (通常盤) Japanese Lyrics Version (Japan Release)

Tracklist has not been revealed yet though. 

Lol these covers hahaha

Care guys YOHIO is mad in the pv ! he let the evil inside him unleashed, I swear if the japanese edition sell more than some good nowadays bands, I quit VK and go to Kpop foerever.

Song is made for eurovision song contest though so wouldn't read too much about it how will album be, anyway kinda lame song as it's typical eurovision song :x.

Like Slsr said, Heartbreak Hotel is not composed by YOHIO (he only wrote lyrics), and this is his Melodifestivalen 2013-song (Swedish newspaper and other social media sites are saying he might be the winner, final is this Saturday March 9th, if he wins he will represent Sweden in Eurovision Song Contest) 

So I wouldn't say Heartbreak Hotel has such huge inpact on how the album will sound like. YOHIO has composed all songs on the album, and "Heartbreak Hotel" will probably not be included in the Japanese Lyrics version. He has said in interviews that he don't think Japanese fans would like that song because it has such a western sound (read: Eurovision-sound).

the thing is that no one really cares who composed this piece of crap.

ohayo is as independent as it could ever get for a vk artist, yet his music sucks all psc dongs combined.

they also could film a pv for a different track off the album to represent his actual "talent"

instead, he went the flopovision route.

he's also not living off his sales, so your little exercises in solidarity look hilarious tbh.

Why was the video for a song representing Sweden in the Eurovision filmed in Japan?

Also, it's humouring how uncomfortable he is in videos too - I love the bit where he 'throws' that table with his shirt off and it goes in slow motion. Was sure he was about to face plant. If he was taken down by a tiny table. <3 hahaha this guy is just hilarious.

They will probably work with the lead track PV for the Japanese Lyrics version after Melodifestivalen is over. I can almost swear that Heartbreak Hotel will not be included in Japanese lyrics ver. and that the album has got another lead track. 

YOHIO is unknown and a brand new artist in Sweden so they are really (I mean really) pushing hard on that he is a "superstar in Japan", he's into visual kei and the fact that he studied Japanese all by himself etc etc etc.

Melodifestivalen is the biggest TV show in Sweden and it's a perfect oppertunity for unkown artists to get famous. Newcomers are forced to compromise, they have to choose: Either they are participating, but must sing a song written by another composer (it's rare that they are allowed to sing their own composed songs), the other option is not to participate and must find their own way to become known in Sweden (which is very difficult when Melodifestivalen is dominated on the Swedish single/album charts). So yeah you could say he sold himself to Melodifestivalen over a shitty song (He actually wanted to compete with his own song). But hopefully people will like the album more than this low quality Heartbreak Hotel.

When it comes to the music video, according to YOHIO the song Heartbreak Hotel is taking part in Tokyo so it's quite natural that they shot the PV there... But yeah the music video is really lulz, at least the "throwing table" part.

Why was the video for a song representing Sweden in the Eurovision filmed in Japan?

Haaaaaaaaa....that made me laugh.

The song is pretty mediocre but I'm not into shitty pop ballads like that, the video is also pretty cringe worthy.

I know people hate him for the sake of him being a weeaboo tryin to be VK but all his songs so far have been pretty bad. I thought he played guitar and did cool guitar stuff?