Sign in to follow this  
whitegrey

HearJapan is shutting down...

Unfortunately there were many unanticipated costs in doing this that made HearJapan impossible to manage.

I feel like we had something to do with that.

I wasn't the biggest user of their services but this isn't good. :\

Unfortunately there were many unanticipated costs in doing this that made HearJapan impossible to manage.

I feel like we had something to do with that.

AW SHIT.

But yeah this sucks. Chances to get your hands on VK music are starting to get rather slim.

I was very happy with the old version (pre 2.0)… it was not "modern" but it worked for me. I was buying like 3-5 albums a month back then, sometimes even more… But I must admit I've never gotten used to the new 2.0 version… I bought less after the update and I suppose this was also the case for other people… Though I think they've improved their service the last couple of weeks so I was actually willing to buy more stuff again at hj in the near future… Anyway - even with the fact that I didn't like 2.0 as much as 1.0 it's very sad…

They had a very nice Indie-collection and the kind of stuff where I think it's right to actually support it with money - and the price was right (no shipping-cost, no lame digital rights management…). I always thought it was a fair service.

Maybe the step to update the site was the wrong decision… I don't know…

Would be good if they find somebody to save the whole thing and even make it better.

(but if it only can get worse - better shut it down in time - I don't want another "corporate" service with e.g. limited genres/labels only).

Honestly, I was never pleased with their selection...but I do understand how hard it is to secure the rights to sell music from so many different labels...

Well, shit. . .

Although even when they had bands I liked, I never ended up buying anything from them (I always used iTunes for digital shit) so I guess I can't say I helped much. :/

Sign in to follow this