Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Fuck yall, I still think DIR EN GREY IS VK

You can take the Japanese men out of the flamboyant costumes and makeup, but you can't take the makeup and flamboyant costumes out of the Japanese men. Makes so much sense. You don't even know.

NEVER FORGET

zdjecie_wykonawcy%2Cla_sadie_s%2CbGFfc2FkaWVfc18yXzllZTU3OGZiXzM1NDAxNw.._800_600_.jpg

ONLY DIR EN GREY WORTH LISTENING TO IS EVERYTHING UP TO KISOU. THEY WERE SUCH TURNCOATS WHEN THEY WENT ALL AMERICAN FOR SIX UGLY AND CHANGED THEIR SOUND, EVEN THOUGH SIX UGLY SOUNDS LIKE A MORE REFINED KISOU. MISSA IS THEIR BEST ALBUM.

/troll

DIR+EN+GREY+zombiez01.png

No but in all seriousness you can kinda make that argument. They dropped the visual kei, but they're still kinda shock-rock ish.

Only bit of Dir En Grey I still like is some of their oldest stuff. So I kinda agree with Zess I suppose.

Subjectivity FTW.

> implying you know anything about dir en grey

I disagree. They have cut off all ties with the visual scene, its as if they've never been associated with it.

For example, they at NO point in time had anything to do with Dynamite Tommy, a guy who totally has nothing to do with a band called Color which was totally not deeply influential in the visual kei scene in any shape or form. They also are NOT on a label called "Free-Will" which was NOT AT ANY POINT IN TIME a very famous VISUAL KEI record label and never will be. And those so-called "visual kei" photographs? They were actually never visual kei at any point - they were simply a punk/goth rock influenced shock band that just liked to dress "glammish" which was actually groundbreaking for the era. You sir, are simply pulling at straws with that one.

So you might as well quit asserting they are visual kei like its a fact, because you sir are simply delusional and a troll who is jealous of Dir en grey's musical abilities and global success compared to your shitty indie bands. Also Kiyoharu doesn't exist.

CAT makes the best topics. Anyway can't comment on the subject since I honestly dgaf about DIR EN GREY anymore.

they were simply a punk/goth rock influenced shock band that just liked to dress "glammish" which was actually groundbreaking for the era. You sir, are simply pulling at straws with that one.

plus coloured hairs and you have kote kote key

Mmmm, a strong aroma of sarcasm.

Either way, I find their zombie live ventures to be much more embarrassing than kotekote aesthetics (which were actually pretty cool)

Also,

I prefer their early enthusiasm in terms of trying EVERYTHING without a tinge of phlegmatism/"deep angst"

2deep4you-clowns can eff off freely. (aka Batsu/Deg tumblrists)

Why do we care if they're VK or not? Just let their fans believe they are superiour for following a band that is "not visual kei anymore" :')

Is it bad that I love staring at their old photoshoots, saying to myself "That hair and make-up was so badass!"?

I like their early releases more than their latest albums, but that's because I'm a sucker for crappy 90s visual kei and was never a ig fan of the metal genre.

Sign in to follow this