Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Versailles new single "ROSE" release

The trailer was fucking awesome, but the song itself left a lot to be desired... I'm sure I'll like it when I hear the full thing, but something about them is just different. Their music isn't as powerful now or something... It just sounds.. Too.. Something....

The trailer was fucking awesome, but the song itself left a lot to be desired... I'm sure I'll like it when I hear the full thing, but something about them is just different. Their music isn't as powerful now or something... It just sounds.. Too.. Something....

I don't care how much flack I get for this next statement, but something changed within the band dynamics when Jasmine You died. There is such a marked change in style in before his death and after his death (not including JUBILEE, since he was alive for most of it so I put it into the "before" camp). After JUBILEE, I would describe them as less regal, more distilled, straightforward power metal. It's a shame because I liked them a lot when they were unabashedly cheesy symphonic/power metal with four more orchestras than they needed.

I guess that's why it feels like they're "out of ideas". There's just not as much going on as there used to be, or if there is the focus is in different places. I also felt like it sounded basic...but I'll wait for the whole thing.

Versailles seems to have a knack for choosing the most tame/ generic parts for their previews (part of the chorus), so as usual, I can't even judge this really. Only a little over a week till it's released though.

PS:

"Formal Subscription of Masashi" :oro:

This is an awesome trailer! I can say that I love both aspects, especially the ROSE song! I can't wait for this, not losing hope in these guys

I thought the trailer was absolutely corny but that's how Versailles always rolled so I wasn't expecting it to be different

The song is ok, gotta wait for the single though. But I'm hoping the b-side sounds like Illusion, I just need more songs like that. I NEED AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm getting a "less exciting Gekkakou" vibe from it so far.

Interesting... I'm getting more of a "Destiny" vibe, at least from the part after the Engrish intro. Maybe a touch darker sounding than Destiny, though.

So....is Versailles actually releasing a new album as well or is this just a false rumor

I think it's actually happening because if you read Hizaki's tweets it sounds like he's been recording like every day and they have like ten tracks done or something. But I have also been hearing rumors of a best-of album, so I can't confirm or deny anything... But I know there is SOMETHING happening.

That's what I heard. So we have the two singles so now it's just time for the album. Although I can see them delaying the album a month or two, I'd be excited if it came out in August.

Glad to hear that Rose was good, I haven't listened to it yet. Rooting for a better album than Holy Grail. :)

honestly its not even that good, The B side was okay but that's it honestly it doesn't sound any better than anything on holy grail so don't get your hopes up

So, what about an album... I've read on polish forum infos from Hizaki's tweeter and from that pieces of information is known, that Versailles are recording something almost every day and afaIk they have ten songs completed or sth like this. So it's propably, that new album will come on August ^^

No no, Number Girl, get your hopes up. The single is fucking amazing.

I personally thought only the remake was outstanding, ayakashi was OK, but the rest was kind of boring. I'm going into this album with no expectations whatsoever.

No no, Number Girl, get your hopes up. The single is fucking amazing.

I personally thought only the remake was outstanding, ayakashi was OK, but the rest was kind of boring. I'm going into this album with no expectations whatsoever.

Can't agree with ShanethVarosa. They just srewed it up. The only song, which is good is japanese version of Love will be born again. The rest is just shit. So booring. I'm disappointed.

Have the same feeling as sai. Have no expectations. I don't wanna be disappointed again. I'd rather prefer to be suprised positively. But my thought is: there's nearly end ov Versailles era....

Sign in to follow this