Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Sadie - RED LINE

Thoughts?

About my personal favorites:

RED LINE

- It's like a nice little brother of Kagerou (which I adore); Straightforward, pleasant rocker with a memorable (perhaps a bit generic) chorus. Wish Sadie would do more of these instead of well...trying to emulate hurrdurrcore for the sake of following fashion. I will give this 8,5/10

RODEO SCREAM

- Dat weird moment when Sadie tries to emulate nintendocore-ish elements in their music. Question is: will it work? I will go with the positive answer since I am not that opposed to "fashioncore" unlike most of MH folks, and autotune (?)-parts were after all compensated with interesting gang vocals. I will give this 8,5/10 - 'twas a nice, intriguing experiment :)

KOE

- A surprisingly great half-ballad with dominant spoken vocals (which make me want to look for the lyrics, perhaps Mao intended to make more of a lyrically strong song...) and beautiful choruses, with a la improved English and falsettos from Mao. I will look forward to numbers like these because this is where Sadie is good at. I will give this 9/10.

Overall pros:

- Improved English

- Improved singing (growls, screams and falsettos/highs)

- Experimentation (Rodeo Scream, Koe)

- Interesting choruses (Koe, Mourou)

Overall cons:

- Tin can drums and their overtaking presence

- Hurrdurrcore (I personally don't want to see them carry on with this type of songs, ofc there are many exceptions but it's a huge hit-or-miss for them)

- A bit generic choruses (RED LINE, Daydream for eg.)

Final rating:

8/10 for now

:rawk:

what's with Sadie being all "Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas" in RODEO SCREAM!!?

is there anything they did not steal for this mini?

giving it 10/0 because koe is stolen from indie 12012 as I pointed out before

Mourou (japanese for DIM, acc. to google translate, ololol) is ANOTHER different sense parody, starting from 01.00

and his English singing is ridiculous, "my sweet dripping boring sideway, my last enemas waiwaiwahwah", REALLY? - and than he turns into gurgling nonsense of a growl.

hope they disband asap, + Mao an heroing himself would be a nice touch.

I tried. I really tried. But no. I can't help it, since COLD BLOOD (or a bit before), I can't stand Sadie songs anymore... :/ I could try to make a review but it would be something like "01 : meh / 02 : meh / 03 : meh ..."

It's not like if it was really really bad, but it's just boring imo. As Mao's face, their music is for little girls now. They should see how to be part of PSC. (I'm not trolling, just disappointed.)

Red Line - Just going to say I love the drums in this song, but everything else is kind of blah. I thought the screams were not needed at all. The screams should be replaced with a melodic vocal in my opinion. Love the little acoustic breakdown part before the last chorus. Decent song, but nothing special. 3/5

RODEO SCREAM -

what's with Sadie being all "Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas" in RODEO SCREAM!!?

100% agree. Probably a fun live song to listen to. Should have probably been a B-side on a single though. Doesn't fit the theme of the album to well in my opinion. 2.5/5

朦朧 - I love the chorus because yes even though it sounds like Different Sense, I like how he uses that "deep religious praying voice" thing that he did in Rosario's verses. I like that sound coming from him. However, this is my least favorite song on here. 2/5

Skeleton Bug - I really don't know what to make of this song. I think I hated more than I like it, but it's not a total fail. It's a very different sound for them, but it comes off bland. 3/5 for stepping out the box.

daydream - Not going to lie, probably my favorite video of theirs. The song and PV fit very well together. Overall though...the song is a nice song to help you fall asleep to, but it's 2:30pm here right now so...yeah. lol. Decent. 2.5/5

声 - In comparison to "The Swim" by 12012, I can hear it, but I prefer this better actually! The guitars are more lively sounding and the talking is way more effective to me. This song is perfect. No unnecessary heavy parts or scream parts. Very relaxing song w/o being boring like daydream. 5/5.

Overall: 3/5. Kind of wish they stayed a Dir en Grey clone though they still show hints at it. It's not for the fact that I don't want them to try new things, it's just the fact that their songs aren't very interesting anymore. There are bands that have more mainstream songs like this AND still make them creative sounding (AIVIE for example). At least when they were back in the day, the compositions were more creative. I'm not disappointed with this like I was with the Rosario single, but I'm not too thrilled and probably will get rid of this by the end of the month.

Mao is getting better at his growled vocals, and the rest of the band is adding different stuff to their repertoire -- but in the end it's the same old Sadie trying to sound like everyone else without trying to branch into their own sound.

4/10

RED LINE -

Iiii didn't fancy this one too much. [ever] from 'gain' had the same formulaic sound but still had a mature sound

with strong sounding Sadie roots. [RED LINE] was almost poppy and got boring for me and lacked alot of sound

from their roots.

I did really like Mao's vocals though. 6/10

RODEO SCREAM -

What is this introoo o_O. I like the electric part after it though ^^ After it I really only like everything except the chorus, which

is bummer since, well....I like everything else. The chorus is just not memorable in melody and I was never a fan of Sadie's back up vocals. They sound a bit kiddish to me. 6/10

MOROU -

I love Mao's new menacing growls from [Rosario]. His prayer chanting in the song is much appreciated too.

Sadie's gotten reaaally good at composing music. [MOROU] has a very "DUM SPIRO SPERO"

atmosphere to it, from the growls down to the eerie lone guitar plucks, and one notices the

growing complexity of Sadie's music.

Overall I'd say it's nothing we haven't really heard from Sadie, but it adds something new-ish with some [Rosario]

sounds while staying true to their roots. 8/10

Skeleton Bug -

I laaaaaaaaav the guitar cadence. It's super catchy and playful.

When Mao first comes in my first thoughts were. "Cause we gon' rock this club. We gon' go all night. We gon' light it up like it's dynamite." via [Dynamite] by TAIO CRUZ ^^" erm, anyways...

My favorite part is where Mao sings long tones followed by a small rap. The chorus is a bit lack luster, but the song

holds together well with enough cohesive elements that it's fun to listen too. 8/10

daydream -

Mao melts my heart with his vocals again. But, I feel like the song is very repetitive

and not very dynamic. 7/10

koe -

Probably one of my new favorite Sadie songs. It's such a different style for Sadie to play and

they do it so well. Mao's vocals are beautiful and powerful. The guitars are very fluid and even

sound like glittering rain in the chorus. I really like the talking segments; Mao talks with such emotion

and follows the music that it adds rather than detracts from the song. 10/10

Overall, I felt like Sadie did a good job on this mini-album. It was definitely much lighter compared to

their past releases, but they retained their roots for the most part.

I feel like this is kinda what "COLD BLOOD" should have been; It takes elements from their "new" electronic style

and assimilates that into their hard rock roots. "COLD BLOOD" IMO seperated the 2 so that you got 2 totally differnt

sounds on the same album. "RED LINE" at least sounds pretty similar all through out.

Not my favorite Sadie release, but I still consider "RED LINE" a success and am excited to

see what Sadie will do next.

7.5/10

I don't get all the bashing going on in here.

For myself I find this mini damn solid!

Red line is a beast, catchy chorus, instrumentals and verse. Oh yeah! 9/10

Mourou has a cool creepy atmosphere and i love it 8/10

Rodeo Scream, ok .. this one was kind of a failure... 5/10

Skeleton Bug, so is this one, generic and boring... 5/10

DayDream, but here we go again. Such a damn beautiful and calming song. Love it 8/10

Koe, just simply brilliant 10/10

I would give this mini a 9/10! Keep up the good work sadie! :lol:

I find this mini is rather boring, it doesnt Impress me at all except for "Koe" which is the only standout track for me. And "Mourou" is pretty decent.

Overall: 5/10

Thoughts/expectations before listening: I hope they're keeping the direction they had with Rosario, it's similar to the original sound of Sadie i fell in love with, and not their crappy pointless releases.

Red line: Sounds okay, nice screams every now and then. Slightly weak song for an "opening" in my opinion. 6/10

Rodeo scream: Well, the beginning didn't deliver at all... very annoying electro-ish, thumps down. Overall, would have been better without that annoying ringing or whatever it was supposed to sound like, and wouldn't hurt with some more aggressive guitars. Also, autotune... dear god no. On the positive side, good screaming/growling. 5/10

Morou: That's more like it, that's almost the Sadie i know. Catchy, aggressive, wonderful. 7/10

Skeleton bug: Heavy-ish... yet, not really something i want to hear from them again, ever. Not sure what they're trying to do here, but they're not doing it well enough. 2/10

Daydream: dear god no... as if this wasn't getting weak enough. Just a meh song. 1/10

Koe: What the hell... this is how you want to end an release? :butwry: moodkiller, boring, dull and not a kind of song i want to hear from Sadie. 1/10

Overall: 3/10

It's not a complete fail, just very weak, and not a release i would pay for. All the songs could have been part of an album, but they seriously need to pull themselves together, before they'll end up in a pitch black and very deep hole, that they never will escape from. Come on Sadie, you were right on the spot with Rosario, what the hell were you thinking with this!??

from this single i like the most Rodeo Scream for melody and diversity, this is brand new for them. Morou is also good but they have better heavy songs. Rest is only average in my opinion. Overal 7/10

Sign in to follow this