Sign in to follow this  
allisapp

Travelling in UK (+ one day in Stockholm)

Hello! I wasn't sure if I should post this here, but as there was other questions beside japanese music, I decided to post to this section.

I'm flying from Finland to London on 5th of July, from Edinburgh to Stockholm on 2nd of August. Next day I will fly back to home. :P I'm travelling with backpack the whole time, so I'd like to ask you, dear MH-people, do you know any places in UK which are worth of visiting? Anything?

I've had a plan for about 5 months already, but today I felt like changing it a little bit. Right now I'm thinking about visiting ~13 places, where I will stay for 1-3 days. I will use hostels or stick with couchsurfing. I will mostly use buses (Megabus mostly) and maybe once or twice trains. And about Stockholm, do any of you know good record shops? I've been in Stockholm once last year and visited about ~five diffeent record stores. I was actually hunting Chemical Vocation's CDs (didn't find any... :/), so I didn't browse the shops that well.

Anyone? D; I've browsed a lot of travelling sites (Lonely Planet, finnish forums and so on), but I'm really helpless there. :'D

Which city of U.K you're going to visit though?

Blaise castle in the Bristol is great.

Well i always like Bristol and Bath more than London, so maybe a bit bias there.

Or else get a hovercraft to Isle of Wight, pretty views and natures and all that.

But London, i think will be just about everywhere.

My earlier plan was like this:

London 5.- 8.7

Portsmouth 8.-10.7

Winchester 10.-12.7

Oxford 12.-13.7

Bristol 13.-15.7

Birmingham 15.-17.7

Liverpool 17.-19.7

Manchester 19.-21.7

Newcastle 21.- 22.7

Perth 22.7-23.7 (????)

Inverness 23.7-25.7

Glasgow 25.-28.7

Edinburgh 28.7-2.8

I'm going to get a system camera for this trip (Even if I've dreamed about one for seven years...), so it would be nice to travel some beautiful places. (Isle of Skye would be awesome, but I'm not sure if I should go there. I can't rent a car (no licence + not enough age for renting), so I'd have to travel by buses. I'm also not quite sure about sleeping.

Well, there's that possibility that I get a bike for that.

I wanted to do the same tour like you, but my parents cancelled because of the Olympics. I would definitely go for Bristol. Flawless Adele lives there <3

Haha, mom actually just heard about Olympics last week, so it's too late. Plus I'm not even near London when they are. You should tell your parents that you won't go to London when the Olympics are. :'D

I've actually started doubting if I get back home alive when it's time. It would be just my luck if I was wandering on the other side of UK while thinking if I'm in Edinburgh yet... It wouldn't suprise me at all.

Whatever you do, make sure you don't get lost to Welsh or Scotland :mrgreen:

Oh the cathedral in Bristol is good to go too,

well i went there for religious purpose.

But i suppose they are welcome the tourists for looking around.

Or better yet, why not take the city tour?

Usually hotels will have these leaflet on their front desk that one can take for free.

Although most people in the tour bus will be elderly, but at least you get to see something.

As for accommodation, try to look for B&B if you are on budget. It's more economical.

Sign in to follow this