Sign in to follow this  
sai

Best Fanbase in VK?

Dir en grey's fandom is totally awesome (if you associate yourself with the right people). Some of us are really nice and try to be as helpful as we can.

'

You must be a very small minority then. So far I've not gone to a single Dir en Grey live without drama/fighting. I really like the band but I stay far far away from that fandom. You might be cool, but the majority is fangirls that ~*understand*~ Kyo or Fukkatsu people that ~*understand*~ Kyo better.

Personally I think the Miyavi fandom is pretty nice, but I might be biased. Even though they get really defensive. I guess now that all the crazy translators left internally everyone is pretty friendly with eachother, even the Japanese fans aren't scared of us anymore :P The entire fanbase just resets after every radical change and there seems to be just a handfull of old fans left and they're too happy people even still like Miyavi to act elite. But then again I hear the Italian fans are pretty bad so I don't know :/

I thought the Dears were pretty cool as well, really helpful. But I've heared horror stories about them too...

Eh, imho it is really back to our own personality on how we see a fandom and accepting them.

Personally, i believe that there is no fandom that are purely evil or good.

Each will have both the obsessed fanatics and those who just in it for the music.

There are some awesome people too in the fandoms of infamous names like DeG.

Problem is people love to be negative and mostly are easily judgemental.

Because some people are ignorant doesn't mean they are that bad.

And in opposite, just because most people in a fandom are logical doesn't mean they are that good.

We don't know what they did or say behind our back, outside this cyberspace, etc.

Funny thing is I've met some people who can be really logical in some fandoms but

can also be elitist to another fandoms.

Everybody have their own dirty little secrets and we'll never know that.

I think D'ERLANGER fans deserve a mention here as well. Once upon a time they were also considered part of the visual kei thing after all. They're all nice people. No drama, ever. Same goes for the DEAD END fandom. Kagrra, fans are friendly too even though I've seen some idiots who wrote stuff like "you're not a real fan if Core is your favorite album". But those guys are everywhere... around every artist in existance.

Idk, I don't really associate with VK fandoms anymore. I do remember Merry's being very cool for a long time. Also Sel'm and most Nagoya bands. Obviously all the really popular bands end up having the wankiest fandoms

From my personal experience - D'espairsRay fandom. They are pretty laid back, not too stuck up but not too many idiot, delusional fangirls among their ranks either. They aren't afraid to offer criticism of the band, but they aren't incessantly whiny and derogatory about changes the band makes and they maintain a positive, sane outlook. Even their fangirling is moderate.

I remember some years back (2004, 2005?) DespairsRay had their first live on USA, or something, and a fangirl made a huuuge fangirl post on Livejournal about it.

Of course it included the typical 4.000 word part about the pre-live ("went with mimi-chan and kiki-chon and we ate ramen lol so kawaii!") noone cares about, but then the actual live-report was just about one thing: how she grabbed the vocalist's crotch and didn't let go. Apparently the vocalist encouraged the behavior, etc.

That's all I remember when I think of "despairsray fanbase" (which thankfully isn't frecuent).

When I saw them I was pretty thankful I wasn't on the side with Zero, I remember the crowd was mainly focused around him and when he and Karyu switched sides. The crowd would crush me against the barricade trying to grab Zero. I don't know if I could put up with being crushed for an entire concert if I was on Zero's side.

From my personal experience - D'espairsRay fandom. They are pretty laid back, not too stuck up but not too many idiot, delusional fangirls among their ranks either. They aren't afraid to offer criticism of the band, but they aren't incessantly whiny and derogatory about changes the band makes and they maintain a positive, sane outlook. Even their fangirling is moderate.

I remember some years back (2004, 2005?) DespairsRay had their first live on USA, or something, and a fangirl made a huuuge fangirl post on Livejournal about it.

Of course it included the typical 4.000 word part about the pre-live ("went with mimi-chan and kiki-chon and we ate ramen lol so kawaii!") noone cares about, but then the actual live-report was just about one thing: how she grabbed the vocalist's crotch and didn't let go. Apparently the vocalist encouraged the behavior, etc.

That's all I remember when I think of "despairsray fanbase" (which thankfully isn't frecuent).

Yeah, there are a few really hyper fangirls (but hey the band apparently endorses it!) but I know many more who behave as I described and a bit of fangirling is always better than stuck-up elitism or wank drama llamas. Plus, they are a metal band - metal concerts aren't supposed to have the atmosphere of a church service/poetry reading.

I'm trying to avoid thinking about fanbases because I always end up thinking about gazette or Xjapan (not so much X fans, more like... hide fangirls)

But from personal experience

almost all of CindyKate fans are great, really, especially since well you know, they're UCP and so on

also, DOG inThe PWO fans are surprisingly awesome (definitely not talking about japanese fanbase here, most girls are so bitchy it's disgusting)

I'm not sure about the lives side, but most Golden bomber fans are not only good, but also some of the most open-minded people I've met in my life (which would come naturally since GB are the vk band that actually parodies vk, right?). Here I'm talking about people who listen and like the band, and not Jun's butt/Kenji's abs/whatever.

I know this might me offtopic and I beg you guys not to start a brand new discussion (at least not in this thread) but when it comes to Kpop, from my experience 2ne1 and SuJu fans are the worst and SS501 fans are the loveliest motherfuckers ever <3

I'm not sure about the lives side, but most Golden bomber fans are not only good, but also some of the most open-minded people I've met in my life (which would come naturally since GB are the vk band that actually parodies vk, right?). Here I'm talking about people who listen and like the band, and not Jun's butt/Kenji's abs/whatever.

I have friends who love these guys so much for being absolutely entertaining on stage and having catchy songs, while also admitting that they don't play the instruments--contrary to some other acquaintances from other fandoms who would instantly go batshit insane once I criticize certain releases or stuffs. I think that really depends on the person. I know a lot of nice people from Alice Nine's who would kindly give recommendations on what songs I should be checking out and open a neutral discussion, likewise from D'espa's and some other bands; yet there's always these wanky groups popping every here and there like "OMG MY FAVORITE BANDS ARE GOD-TIER DON'T YOU DARE TO SPEAK ILL ABOUT THEM HUURRR HURRR". Still, I really couldn't get along with X Japan and the GazettE's fandoms, yknow why.

I think Plastic Tree, BUCK-TICK and Mucc have the best fanbases among other J-rock/VK bands. I've yet to meet or come across delusional fangirls that actually favor these bands (excluding Atsushi Sakurai's raging fangirls; they're not actually BUCK-TICK fans). cocklobin seems to have a pretty decent fanbase as well.

I think this should be renamed "least worst fanbase." Anyway, my votes are for bands like BUCK-TICK and Luna Sea. As mentioned above, Atsushu fangirls are pretty rabid but few in numbers and other fans are quite great IMO. I love talking with Guniw Tools/Full fans as well. Plastic Tree is not too bad often. MUCC fanbase used to be better but there are still some great people there I think. Regardless I don't consider myself a part of fanbase as I only really interact at concerts but still interesting to observe online!

Though it might sound weird, the D fanbase isn't that bad either. I know a lot of people from the fanclub and other fansites, and so far the only snobs I met are the leaders of the unofficials fanclub. Other fans from regular fansites and fanclub members are all very nice and willing to share special photos from their fanclub-only stuff. It's not like with the GazettE that people go bitching about it, people gladly share what they have. Bitching isn't too bad either, at least not in the places where I've been.

Most of the BUCK-TICK fans I know are Atsushi fangirls that don't care about the rest of the band, same goes for Plastic Tree/Ryutaro. But according to all your comments it seems I've met the crap minority only and anyone from the large loyal fanbase lol

The best fanbase I've ever met people from was the Moi dix Mois fanbase. For the most part, they were intelligent, mature, kind, calm, open minded, and very informed. Most of them were on the darker side of things (gothic or close to it). I don't know why, but most of them weren't the typical screaming crying immature Mana fangirl/boy. I must have met 600+ Moi dix Mois fans from all over the world during my years as a Mana Guild owner on Gaiaonline, and it was always the same type of person.

Angelo and Plastic Tree both have extremely nice fanbases, especially the former - there's virtually no drama, everyone is generous and willing to help. I don't frequent many Plastic Tree communities, but they don't seem nearly as bitchy as some others. They're quite intelligent too and willing to discuss the music first and foremost.

D'espairsRay's fandom is actually nice now that they've disbanded, which is weird because there was so much ill-will, elitism and nastiness among fans beforehand. I mean, as someone who's been in D'espairsRay fandom for years, I couldn't stand it. I've had friends attacked at their lives for wearing the wrong clothes and not being a "proper fan." A group of girls literally tore at her clothes and hair. There was a lot of backstabbing and drama. The thing about D'espairsRay wank is... when it happens, it's vicious but it's always contained and very few people find out about it :wink:

... I don't know, D'espairsRay fans are really intense and enthusiastic (which is great when it's about supporting the band, not so much when it's hate-fueled). A lot of people on the outside think of the D'espairsRay fanbase as nice, but back then it was pretty horrible.

But, hey, you get a large group of girls in one place and shit's about to go down.

i remember this one incident in the d'espairsray fandom when karyu got drunk or something and randomly ran to some girl and kissed her on the cheek, and she totally blew it out of proportion and it eventually got spread around that she had sex with him or something lolol.

honestly the only fandom i've ever seriously participated in was the alice nine fandom ever since i got into jrock because they were my #1 fave from the get go. (;∇;) i've always thought the fandom was awesome. everyone is pretty respectful and nice, you don't see much elitism... the only thing i can think of was when there was an alice9 channel broadcast one time and a bunch of people were like "OMG I WANT TO SEE ALICE NINE NAKED!!!!!!11" which annoyed a lot of people since the band could actually see those comments and might develop a bad opinion about overseas fans. BUT ANYWAY for the most part, everything in the alice nine fandom is happy and rainbows. (^∇^)

D'espairsRay's fandom is actually nice now that they've disbanded, which is weird because there was so much ill-will, elitism and nastiness among fans beforehand. I mean, as someone who's been in D'espairsRay fandom for years, I couldn't stand it. I've had friends attacked at their lives for wearing the wrong clothes and not being a "proper fan." A group of girls literally tore at her clothes and hair. There was a lot of backstabbing and drama. The thing about D'espairsRay wank is... when it happens, it's vicious but it's always contained and very few people find out about it :wink:

... I don't know, D'espairsRay fans are really intense and enthusiastic (which is great when it's about supporting the band, not so much when it's hate-fueled). A lot of people on the outside think of the D'espairsRay fanbase as nice, but back then it was pretty horrible.

Haha, well I must not have paid attention to the fandom as closely as I thought! I gained interest about the time they were about to release Mirror and everyone seemed cool at that time - then there was a long period I lost interest and was engrossed in other fandoms so since I got back into them, the worst drama I've seen is when they released Horizon and about two years ago over the tour cancellations.

And I agree, any enthusiasm should be purely band-inspired, rather than hate inspired.

The best fanbase I've ever met people from was the Moi dix Mois fanbase. For the most part, they were intelligent, mature, kind, calm, open minded, and very informed. Most of them were on the darker side of things (gothic or close to it). I don't know why, but most of them weren't the typical screaming crying immature Mana fangirl/boy. I must have met 600+ Moi dix Mois fans from all over the world during my years as a Mana Guild owner on Gaiaonline, and it was always the same type of person.

Wow, I must be the minority then. The most delusional and batshit fans I have ever met for anything were Moi Dix Mois (Mana fans). I can post a chat log someone I know having a conversation with the craziest women that truely believes Gackt betrayed Mana (and her) going on about about Mana and Gackt visiting Europe and how he betrayed them and was the cause of him leaving MM and shit that she swears is real. Funny but also scary :urg:

Megaromania has the best fanbase i've ever seen. The people are extremely kind, and helpful.

DoGinThe PWO has a really nice fanbase too. ^^

There's a bit of everything in every fanbase, it's more like a matter of luck to actually bump into the right people instead of the usual rabid fangirls, elitists, etc...which I'm sure most, if not all of them, have.

I don't usually get involved a lot but right now I'd probably go with Plastic Tree's fanbase. I've had the chance to meet a lot of nice and down-to-earth people from a lot of different countries and it's been a great experience so far. (Except for a certain PT forum in which I regretted joining because of the elitism that was being imposed there :| ).

Sadly, I've only been able to attend a couple of jrock lives, Versailles and el-Ethnic Legist-. I don't want to go into details on the behaviour of the "fans" in the latter, but since it was held in an anime convention most of them were simply hysteric fangirls who didn't even know who the band was until they saw them there, and they were acting like complete jerks. It was really lame. So...I guess shit also happens with little known bands like these too.

Versailles' fanbase seemed better than expected, though.

I think Monochrome Heaven has the best fanbase.

DOES THAT COUNT? I mean, sure there's some stupid things and dramaz that has happened but overall it's a pretty laid back community. People can have civil discussions about bands. (Unless it's Dir en grey or Gazette).

Sign in to follow this