Sign in to follow this  
kaoru_gusta

GazettE Disbanding?

I've seen this floating around for a while. Apparently one of the members (don't know who) said something that implied disbandment. Anyone able to elaborate on this?

This has been going on for a while now. There is no truth to it, considering in interviews it has been said many times by the members that the only way that they will disband is if they start hate each other. And if this was true, there would have been a mention of it on their OHP or Ruki's twitter.

I don't know, I think that something might be going on. I know it's been going on for a while, but there has been a resurgence in this rumor. Some people are saying that TOXIC was a farewell album.

But of course, I could be wrong. I don't care about them a ton, so I don't really follow them.

Btw I love your avatar and signature. c:

People are just saying that because they have been experimenting with their sound again. Every time a change in their sound happens, the rumor starts back up.

I have been following them for about 6 years now, so this really is nothing new for me lol.

Thanks. I love Matenrou Opera. Your sig is lyrics from "Ain't afraid to die" by Diru, right?

If you had some sources or links to go by regarding their possible disbandment, I would question it but you have nothing to go by.

It's a rumor that often spreads, but I'm currently so displeased with them I wouldn't mind if they did. They haven't made something decent in two years and TOXIC was the worst of all that. If they'd make a farewell album (might they once disband) I hope they'll pull it of Kagrra, - style and not with an album like TOXIC.

Toxic was no that bad Sai. When Vortex was released you could tell that they were starting to go in a different direction. But they are still GazettE and they have never kept to just one genre of music as well. Although, nothing will ever compare to DIM. That imo was their best album.

But that was just it! VORTEX wasn't that bad! That's why I was so disappointed by TOXIC. It's fine if they want to try different styles and have some new and fresh ideas, but it juts fails if they do it wrong. For me, TOXIC just was something they hoped would work, but it didn't. I agree on DIM though, that was easily their best album ever.

I agree with Sai. Toxic was a shitty album. I really think they should have disbanded long ago. DIM is an amazing album, the only one of theirs that I own, and I do like a few of their songs such as Taion and Silly God Disco, but they're very overrated. I can't really tolerate them at this point, and I hate their fandom.

And I'd hope they don't disband like Kagrra,. I don't like GazettE, but I don't want any of them to die. (Bad joke)

I think it's indeed lots of stress and grief of the disbanding of Kagrra, that did Isshi in, I'm afraid. For me the biggest loss in a while, he was incredibly talented.

Well Kagrra disbanded because the members believed that they could not go further with their music and still sound good.

And honestly, TOXIC was not that bad. Well, it was not their best, it was not the worst either. And I actually really like TOXIC. They are getting away from the VK scene pretty much and you can tell that with the past couple of outfits and looks. And normally when a band moves away from the VK scene their music tends to change a little bit. But GazE has always experimented with different types of music. And even with what they are putting out now for music, you can still tell that it is them.

diru stan, opening a thread about gazette disbanding? who are you trolling, girl?

Wat. Just because Dir en grey is my favorite doesn't mean that I can't make threads about other bands...

I made this because I wanted this cleared up. Calm yo titties. And what fail trolling this would be.

Actually, the "new" direction they went in wasn't so new at all. They just started recycling more. Mashing a few older songs together in a way to create a very recognizable tune and adding a bit of girugamesh's MUSIC album while they're at it... I wouldn't call that a new direction?

To me that sounds like a car running out of gas and because there's no proper fuel around they switched to a different fuel which ultimately damaged the performance of the car.

The gap between the greatness of DIM and the disappointment called TOXIC is quite large. I wonder if DIM packed their last good ideas. Their music is getting tiresome now, so I can see where the rumors came from and I really wouldn't care if they disbanded.

if they do (not likely happening...)disband that would make me sad cause

i've been there fan for a long time... so this would actually be very depressing(for me)

if they do >__<; stupid fans spreading damn rumors =____=;;

or who ever started this...

I know this is the rumor section, but even rumors shouldn't be pulled totally out of nowhere. "Been floating around for a while" and "some member said something" is rather vague, and at the moment it doesn't seem like anyone can corroborate these statements, for example, which member said what and when, and what is the source for this.

I will leave this thread open for another day or two, but if nothing else turns up until then, I will close it, as it probably would just turn into a "please disband"/"please don't disband" thread. People can always make a new thread, if they have something more viable regarding a possible disbandment.

In the meantime, if you want to give your opinion on their latest album, go here.

If you want to talk about the state of the Gazette in general, go here.

Thank you.

if they do (not likely happening...)disband that would make me sad cause

i've been there fan for a long time... so this would actually be very depressing(for me)

if they do >__<; stupid fans spreading damn rumors =____=;;

or who ever started this...

Yeah don't worry, they ain't disbanding, this is not a

rumour but just some made up crap from some dumbass online.

It happens at least twice a year.

sdfgfdfgfd I can't figure out how to lock this. But yeah, I think locking it now would be wise. I just made this to see if anyone had any info on this/hoping it was true-shot-

Hard to believe as they probably make more money now than they've ever done before.

Very true. And as we all know, the members of GazettE are money whores. I kind of love them, but it's a fact.

gazette disbanding?

please, do so.

and there, I remember it's PSC who are more into money than Kiwamu (not that I know anything bout kiwamu, he's just an example for everything and anything) and Gazette are their main source, so yah, even if they WANT to, they CAN'T do so, so I don't think I'd be very mistaken if I predict them to last at least 5 years more.

(btw it's not them I'm hating, it's their fanbase)

lol champ, please close this thread before I get my head chopped off xD

Apparently one of the members (don't know who) said something that implied disbandment.

what did he say?

i don't think gazette will disband i agree with the above message.they seem like a business that as long as it is successful and make money can't disband

To me at least I can see a lot of strange stuff that's going on. For example Ruki having virtually all the credit for the entire album of Toxic. It's like when Dir en grey stopped giving individual credits (after Vulgar was it?) and gave all lyrical credit to Kyo. That way everything is distributed correctly and evenly so there are no superiority/inferiority happenings. Also when checking their setlists post-Toxic I have noticed that they have not been playing Red, Shiver or Pledge live which given the fact that they're the lead singles off the album, you'd think they are the songs most likely to be played. A minor thing aswell but despite the fact they say Kai is the leader, I am sure that is an absolute lie regardless of what they say. Ruki is definitely at the head of what the Gazette does and what direction they take, I'm 99% sure of that.

I think Ruki, Reita and Kai and are completely fine with their roles in the band but I definitely sense some uncertainty with Uruha and Aoi, probably moreso Aoi. To me Uruha seems like a very ambitious person and wants to be seen on the Luna Sea/ X Japan levl but I don't think he is willing to question certain things that are happening in the band at the risk of losing everything. Aoi often appears like an outsider sometimes as if he's not connected with the band. Watch the end of NLSG Budokan (after Miseinen he's not holding hands like everyone else) and his cold nature after Miseinen at Tokyo Dome.

I was one of the Gazette's biggest fans but things started to go downhill for me since the signing with the new label and the release of Shiver. My feelngs towards Toxic pretty much put my fandom on edge and after gathering various types of info I am no longer a fan of theirs. This is just purely my own perspective....