Sign in to follow this  
kaoru_gusta

GazettE Disbanding?

To me at least I can see a lot of strange stuff that's going on. For example Ruki having virtually all the credit for the entire album of Toxic. It's like when Dir en grey stopped giving individual credits (after Vulgar was it?) and gave all lyrical credit to Kyo. That way everything is distributed correctly and evenly so there are no superiority/inferiority happenings. Also when checking their setlists post-Toxic I have noticed that they have not been playing Red, Shiver or Pledge live which given the fact that they're the lead singles off the album, you'd think they are the songs most likely to be played. A minor thing aswell but despite the fact they say Kai is the leader, I am sure that is an absolute lie regardless of what they say. Ruki is definitely at the head of what the Gazette does and what direction they take, I'm 99% sure of that.

Aha! So now we've got something to keep this topic alive! Would you (or someone else) like to back up the claim in bold with some scans? That could be your "proof", so to say.

EDIT: Well after downloading Linh-san's scans from here the book clearly says All words: Ruki, All Music: The GazettE. Unless you are talking about the Japanese import's booklet, which I highly doubt would have differing credits, I don't know where you'd get any claims like that.

I think Ruki, Reita and Kai and are completely fine with their roles in the band but I definitely sense some uncertainty with Uruha and Aoi, probably moreso Aoi. To me Uruha seems like a very ambitious person and wants to be seen on the Luna Sea/ X Japan levl but I don't think he is willing to question certain things that are happening in the band at the risk of losing everything. Aoi often appears like an outsider sometimes as if he's not connected with the band. Watch the end of NLSG Budokan (after Miseinen he's not holding hands like everyone else) and his cold nature after Miseinen at Tokyo Dome.

NLSG is kind of old don't you think? Tokyo Dome is another thing entirely. I'll see if I can find any video to see what you see.

EDIT: Tried looking up some backstage/off-shot footage at Tokyo Dome. What I did see is a lot of Kai telling people what he'd like to get done and how he'd like things to be done (not that I understand Japanese but I gleaned this from all the rudimentary pointing and head-nodding and people that aren't the GazettE talking to Kai and only Kai while on stage). In that way, I think that's what they mean by "leader" - the person that does all the undesirable, technical things. Ruki could still have a lot of creative influence though.

I was one of the Gazette's biggest fans but things started to go downhill for me since the signing with the new label and the release of Shiver. My feelngs towards Toxic pretty much put my fandom on edge and after gathering various types of info I am no longer a fan of theirs. This is just purely my own perspective....

Like what info?

SUPER DUPER EXTRA LATE EDIT BECAUSE I'M A DORK: The topic was locked because there wasn't any info that anyone could come up with to support the claim. If anyone has anything, they can send it to me by PM. If it's convincing enough, I'll think about opening the topic again.