Sign in to follow this  
bonsaijodelfisch

Boris - 君の行方 Themsong for Nintendo 3DS Game

The game seems to be called "kyokugen dasshutsu ADV zen'nin shiboudesu" ("The good Shiboudesu ADV extreme escape" or something like that #googletranslate) and guessing from the boris homepage this new quite un-boris-ish song is the themesong/opening for it

VlcV_XF09qA

source http://www.borisheavyrocks.com/top.html

tell me if i guessed something wrong :?

While I was hoping for Boris to go back to more of a drone/doom/sludge/stoner/crust sound, this isn't half bad. I already like it more than New Album/Attention Please albums.

And there's no such thing as un-Boris! Boris makes things Boris-sounding by virtue of just being themselves! They could go off and do country and it'd still be Boris (and it'd probably be good too)!

And there's no such thing as un-Boris! Boris makes things Boris-sounding by virtue of just being themselves! They could go off and do country and it'd still be Boris (and it'd probably be good too)!

well yeah, what i meant was that regardless of genre;

synth-pop, electro, drone-metal, hard-rock, industrial or indie they always had a sort of dirty/noisy and dark analoge garage sound (call it "boris-sound" perhaps).

this for the first time seems to have some "proper" (hate to use that word here but i think you know what i mean) production and a pretty clean overall appearance.

don't know what to make of that just yet...

(and after a few spins i quite enjoyed "new album" to be honest...)

and already a new boris song-snippet, this time i think it's for a jewelery commercial if i interpret the google-translate correctly

iId2GoEZabE

they seem to pursue an indie pop-rock-ish kind of style now. i've come to pretty much dig this and the last preview lately, stoked for the next (19th or so?) release!

Sign in to follow this