Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

What's good in VK this year?

Kagrra's last and new CD and the GazettE VOTEX

2011 was slow VK year for me , never had a time to listen

I am shocked with all the love Starting Over's is getting on this post. I like VK pop rock for the most part but this release really did not stand out for me in any way.

Cool to see people liking it so much tho!

I would ask the same thing about Kagrra's last release and TOXIC (aka 'the recycling fest album')

But I felt like UNiTE's guys knew what they were doing (unlike Zuck or Zoro (examples)), others may agree with this.

But I felt like UNiTE's guys knew what they were doing (unlike Zuck or Zoro (examples)), others may agree with this.

Well UNiTE absolutely had a pretty bold and determinated aim for their sound, and their performance and production was nice. I did not find them special or makeing something that specially connected with me. But at least you don't see potential being wasted as in the bands you metioned, for example.

Album wise, There hasn't been that many solid releases. And I second the comment about TOXIC. (Don't waste your time. Horrible album)

MERRY-Beautiful Freaks (Might not be your style but i recommend checkin it out)

SADIE-Cold Blood (HIGHLY recommend this!)

Don't listen much to Indies so can't help you there.

Singles.

LYNCH-MIRRORS.

SADIE-ROSARIO

Alice Nine, A and CaT FisT.

DOLL was great despite they're losing a band member,

and their vocalist was in health problems.

These are the only records i can remember from the back of my head,

cos it's so good. And had been looping it for few times.

Some people i know have been trying to get me to listen to MEJIBRAY.

I haven't, but they say they're good.

But then i see that 2-3 members were VanessA members,

so i kinda get the hype now.

My absolute favourites for this year were:

lynch. - I BELIEVE IN ME (album)

lynch. makes their major debut with an album, which had me quite worried. All was unnecessary, because they put out the best album they ever made, even better than THE BURIED in my opinion. Definitely one of the best releases of this year.

Kagrra, - 百鬼絢爛-通常盤

Kagrra, decided to disband, but they wouldn't just let it end without finishing their career decently. They made this album (which was rather short) that didn't disappoint in the least. Was it special or experimental? No. Was it great? Yes. This is Kagrra, doing what they're good at, and I love it.

A - WHITE ALBUM

So totally out of nowhere this indie band called A appears and puts out one great release after another. This is without a doubt their best release yet and a must-hear for every VK fan.

Megamasso - Loveless, more Loveless

So after about one or two singles Megamasso announces a second album within the time span of one year, so my hopes weren't that high, but damn did they put out a good one. This is amazing pop-rock, everything's done right, Ryohei's composing was great and that single track by Gou (Until) was phenomenal. Totally recommended.

Alice Nine. - GEMINI

They really outdid themselves this time, I tell you. Great album with the Gemini trilogy as absolute best.

D - VAMPIRE SAGA

Can't finish this list without throwing in my own musical favourites. D made VAMPIRE SAGA in a rush, yet managed to throw so much heavy yet decent stuff at you, with as a PV track and finisher Der Konig der Dunkelheit, without a doubt one of their best songs ever. Better than 7th Rose? No. Amazing? Yes.

^ Damn right. I didn't feel like putting the whole title but it was a great mini. Typical D, but I loved it. Asagi would have your head for forgetting it xD

Sign in to follow this