Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

ViViD will be major debut

it is announced at ViViD one-man live "Day of Awaking" at Shibuya AX at 2010/08/08 that they will be major debut (through EPIC Records Japan Inc.) in 2011/01, and they will hold their last indies one-man live "kousai GENESIS" at Shibuya C.C. LEMON HALL at 2010/12/27

http://ameblo.jp/vivid-ko-ki/

Proof that going major has nothing to do with skills or ability. As long as you sell out singles and make tons of money you're golden.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

And if I hear this stupid "OK NOW THEY'RE GOING TO SUCK because they're going major and only doing bad music"-discussion again I'm going to puke!!

im super excited for them. they've only been around for a year and already they're going major. vivid has some good material and they're really popular so it's no surprise. all in all this is great news for me.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

And if I hear this stupid "OK NOW THEY'RE GOING TO SUCK because they're going major and only doing bad music"-discussion again I'm going to puke!!

no i think it's one of the few bands that makes you think they will stay the same.

actually they are so "visual mainstream" that's not a surprise at all that they are going major

i can't explain exactly what i want to say. they look and sound so mainstream

i can tell from the fans here / people that don't know many bands

always talk about gazette, despairs etc and vivid for some reason

for example born doesn't have this

NOT born NOT screw but vivid fans are more like gazette fans

---

i could totally predict them going major

don't forget it's a band that i think created by the company

they weren't friends that decide to make a band( except koki & iv)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Maybe this time it's the other way around, and they start to actually make listenable music

(that being said, I haven't heard anything by them, and am not planning to do so)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

no i think it's one of the few bands that makes you think they will stay the same.

actually they are so "visual mainstream" that's not a surprise at all that they are going major

i can't explain exactly what i want to say. they look and sound so mainstream

i can tell from the fans here / people that don't know many bands

always talk about gazette, despairs etc and vivid for some reason

for example born doesn't have this

NOT born NOT screw but vivid fans are more like gazette fans

---

i could totally predict them going major

don't forget it's a band that i think created by the company

they weren't friends that decide to make a band( except koki & iv)

Makes me slightly think about manufactured Korean boybands.

Rockbands shouldn't be made by companies :s

Makes me slightly think about manufactured Korean boybands.

Rockbands shouldn't be made by companies :s

Uh... That is what Japanese rock labels do. Especially PSC.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Don't worry they've always sucked.

Maybe this time it's the other way around, and they start to actually make listenable music

^This

I hate the fact that all the Fucking Bands that have no talent whatsoever always get signed to major and bands that i've been listening to since the turn of the century that are still together , that have more talent and creativity stay indie D:

maybe not just about music.

But also about what kind of offer that the major label give out for them.

Buck Tick before going major has been refusing tons of major label offer because they couldn't provide what they need. They asking for 4 things: ability to produce their album themselves, also that the label will never ask them to have a member change, they will able to make their own image and never forced to have additional musician when having live concert.

Maybe situation different with ViViD.

Maybe they agree to have a change and let their major work manufactured by producers? Maybe they agree to lose their visual image when going major? OR can be the opposites, maybe todays Major labels already learn how Visual image can attract sales and here comes ViViD that already doing major work since the first get go that are seen as potential gold mine by them?

Yeah, MusicJapan+ tweets about that band CONSTANTLY. -_- I need to remember to stop following them. It's like they can't cover any decent in depth info about a band unless they are as crappy as possible.

Don't worry they've always sucked.

Lol, you really opened the door wide for that. ;) I knew somebody would make that comment sooner or later.

But yeah, I haven't listened to them since their debut when I pointed out that they sound like SuG with a less annoying vocalist. Many people disagreed back then. But I'm not suprised they go major, it seems a lot of labels want to cash in on vk as long as it's still en vogue, and a pop/rock band like ViViD seems an obvious choice.

Sign in to follow this