Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

What song would you like to hear performed by an orchestra?

Japanese songs only, I know many of us love our non-Japanese but lets keep it simple and stick to Japanese music.

It doesn't have to be an orchestra per se, like a string quartet or whatever.

I can think of some songs that would sound good but nothing that would sound great. Perhaps some Versailles songs but absolutely with no Kamijo and have their versions be strictly instrumental. Matenrou Opera might also be cool to hear done with string instruments, they already have stringy/synthy melodies in a lot of their music so it's easy to try and imagine it as that.

Anyway, I was thinking about this on my flight but couldn't think of to many that would be totally awesome to hear. I was also listening to orchestrated video game music and hence where this thought came from.

So what are your picks?

Definitely either Luna Sea's "Virgin Mary" or the Image album version of "Moon." Also Gackt's "Bird Cage."

But there are also quite a few J-Rock songs I'd prefer in choral a capella then orchestra.

Matenrou Opera's Anomie... I think it would be awesome seeing as it already has Opera influences and Sono's voice could match with it :P

Blue - Sleep Like A Log

replace the guitar with strings

Think it would sounds interesting.

My fave song from them also.

cali gari's 37654 just for the sheer 'noise' factor of it all

Buck-Tick's Muma-the nightmare- for sheer added epicness

Also Diabolos by Dir en grey

I think these songs would sound pretty epic if they were arranged with a full orchestra:

Dir en Grey - INCONVENIENT IDEAL

D'espairsRay - In Vain

Rentrer en Soi - Wither

I wouldn't want these songs to be PURELY orchestral, though...I'd want to keep the original, rock arrangement, but with some added orchestral embellishment. : )

These would be pretty cool IMO:

Malice Mizer - Syunikiss

(purely orchestral)

Buck-Tick - Ijin no yoru

(purely orchestral ...well it already has some strings in it anyway xD)

Luna Sea - Face to Face

(keeping the original, and adding some dramatic strings ...kinda like in Led Zeppelin's Kashmir)

maybe some Kaya song?

Sign in to follow this