Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

The Official Music LOVE Thread

KATZE: timeless, funky music that helped keep a smile on my face through tough times. fantastic band. Same goes for D'ERLANGER, sans the funk. Sophisticated, sultry music that will never get old.

D'espairsRay for a second time, because I haven't stopped loving them or MONSTERS. ;D

Presence of soul for lulling me to sleep last night when I was stressed and being fronted by a imposing and powerful woman.

Â

ムック, really, what else I can say? I'm sure that almost everyone has noticed, that MUCC is my favourite band. (No shit Sherlock) I know that they're now almost literally "falling down", but even if their new... "style" is kind of random, I'm still going to support them as much as I can. Okay, Falling Down was better than I thought (live was, sample was kind of.... well, not that good), but I'm not sure about their future. Maybe the next album will suck, but maybe, MAYBE next single and album will be great, we don't never know. As I said, I don't like their new style - this electronic-thing. FUZZ was good, but it was experiment - yeah, it was successful but their new direction is kind of full of shit. (Where can I hear Yukke's bass? And how about Satochi's drums? asd, and Tatsurou's voice without changing it with a computer-or something)

Yeah, that's my main favourite band... Of course I like other bands too, but as I said, MUCC is my favourite band, which I like, follow and so on.

Asai Kenichi & his bands: Okay, whatever this guy does is pure gold in my eyes (or ears rather, lol). The fact that he managed/manages to juggle multiple projects at one time with equally awesome and different music styles is enough to make him a living legend. Sadly, he isn't as well-known as the usual bland stock of VK bands...

BUCK-TICK: Being awesome, interesting, catchy and ever-changing for more than 20 years is not easy but they make it look like it is, haha. I love almost every album, there is something in there for every mood. Hisashi Imai, their "main mastermind" is my all-time favourite J-musician. No, he isn't an amazingly technical guitarist or a genius, but everything that he does and how he does it fits in with my taste perfectly (and has shaped my taste, too).

BOOWY: As someone already said before me, timeless music. Catchy, and has amazingly clever (sometimes simple, sometimes tricky) guitars and songs. Plus they had Tomoyasu Hotei, who is one of my fave guitarists.

cali gari: Weird, poppy, dark, light, grotesque, beautiful...all sorts of notions are here. Yeah, they're the "godfathers of eroguro" and stuff, but to me they just make really cool rock music with lots of different influences. Really funny guys too, btw. Also, Ao Sakurai is one of my favourite people in J-music.

KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND: I just can't get enough of these guys, and they just started out like 2 years ago! Fast, catchy, sometimes poppy, but always rockin' songs with lots of attitude. I hope they continue making awesome music forever!

MERRY: I was more into them a few years ago, but they still have a special place in my heart. Everything they do is in that typical "Merry" style that is instantly recognizable. I love the new punkish, raw direction they're developing since the past year, it really suits them besides their "retrock" style IMO. Plus, Nero is my favourite drummer in visual kei, no contest!

munimuni: A very unique new-ish band that has musical influences dating waaay~ back. I love their goth-y post-punk style with a touch of psychedelia and madness. Kamui Matenrou is a really talented songwriter and singer/guitarist.

Nega: My favourite indies-VK band, hands down. They're not perfect but somehow I feel drawn to them. Their songs somehow represent a unique dark atmosphere for me that I can rarely find in other bands.

I know this is soo obvious and some people I can think of are going to roll thier eyes and probably post something negative about me and my over fangirl-ishness but, I LOVE the GazettE. Granted, I love the older songs more than the newest ones but, I still like listening to them. I love Ruki's vocals (I'm not sure why) *and Uruha's hair (except Shiver -_-)*. I love that no matter what mood I'm in, I can find a song to match it. I love them.

I also love Versailles -Philharmonic Quintet-. KAMIJO's voice is like vanilla icecream for your ears, HIZAKI is amazingly talented and, I miss Jasmine You but I'm happy theyve got Masashi now. Listening to Versailles music puts me in a vampire-ish, princess-ish mood and inspires me to write and dream (depending on the song).

I miss the love thread. I feel so unclean after posting in the hate thread lately. To cleanse myself I will proclaim my love for these artists currently.

Dear Avengers in Sci-Fi: Thank you for releasing another great single. Can't wait for the new album and can't wait to see you next week. You guys are love in it's purest incarnation. You will probably continue to be a cause of the poor monetary choices I make these days.

Dear Sakanaction: Thank you for only continuing to get more awesome. Thank you for releasing one of my favorite albums this year. Thank you for making me mutter hajimari desu, hajimari desu, hajimari desu; when bored on the train and that damned song was the only thing stuck in my head. Curse you, Love you.

Dear 10 years: You don't belong here as you are americorns with inferior music writing capabilities but quite frankly I don't give a shit. Thank you for finally releasing a new album and a really awesome one at that. The last one while not bad didn't quite live up to it's earlier brethren but now you've come back and I couldn't be happier. It seems as though you've captured the spirit of TAE with the catchy-ness of Division and it works for you and if you feel like making more songs along the lines of Fade into (the Ocean) I won't stop you, just saying. wink wink nudge nudge.

I'd have to say that I'm currently in love with a seemingly obscure jpop artist named Chiaki Seike (清家??晶). She hasn't released anything since 2006, but her last album "Sensitive Doll" and the album prior to that, "Tokyo Escape Music" are both wonderful. I'm quite surprised that I've never heard this girl mentioned in any jpop circles before. Her voice is amazing...kinda reminds me of Salyu but more hefty and soulful.

I usually listen to music like a robot - listen to one album and then move to the next, but Seike's music has broken that mold for the time being. I mean...I can't recall the last time I had 47 plays for one artist in the same week. For a lot of you, that may seem normal, but for me and my robotic listening habits, it most definitely isn't! xD

Right now I'm addicted to:

LAREINE (Lillie Charlotte is probably one of the best albums I've heard)

2NE1 (they're new album is so fucking awesome)

E'm~grief~ (I don't care about the plagiarized intro I don't even like that song by them, but the rest is so fucking good)

摩天楼オペラ (Fuck the fangirls, these guys make awesome music especially their mini GILIA and ANOMIE :D)

I've also been listening to some electropop/techno like Saori@destiny, capsule, Aira Mitsuki. I'm mad I've discovered them this late. >.<

More love!

Dear The Mirraz: I finally got through listening through the new album today and I quite enjoyed it indeed. But specifically I could listen to ole ole all day. More like that please and I swear I'll love you forever. Let's go disco is also etched into my brain matter now, thank you as I need more phrases to randomly burst out when bored out of my mind.

Dear KAREN: Thank you for getting me through my last minute rush in writing my analysis paper. You probably have no idea how motivational some of your songs can be, I doubt you were going for that... like even a little bit but just so you know, they are. Yea news to me too. New album please? Pretty please?

Dear Alice Nine: Oh you're here again? Curse you. I just had to listen to Solar Eclipse on the way to the train station. All it takes is one song from you or DAI and I'm stuck listening to you all day. I hate you. I love you. psh. I have to ban you from my playlist for awhile.

THE KIDDIE :DUUR:

Their music makes me happy and I like to be happy *_* And they are my favorite band!

diva :DUUR:

They are my 2nd favorite band...Totally big LOVE!

el -Ethnic Legist- :DUUR:

I love their Egyptian theme *_* Everybody should be listen to them

Totally hooked on THE HIGH-LOWS at the moment. I'm a rock'n'roll girl at heart and it doesn't get more infectious than that band. Too bad they're already gone. One of the best.

I rediscovered my love for Full's projects (Guniw Tools, Nookicky, and especially Shilfee and Tulipcorobockles). :wub: I think this guy is seriously underrated nowadays, compared to all the awesome stuff he did/does: making such wonderful music, all the inspired videos and artwork he creates...

has become an obsession of mine these days, I think. :lol:

At times like this I just wanna listen to everything by him, lol. Maybe I'll do a Guniw Tools PV watching marathon on the weekend. Should be pretty trippy. :D

I love Acid Black Cherry! Yasu has an amazing voice!

I agree.

Recently listening to Jeanne Da Arc songs. They are also good.

I love the Matenrou Opera. Sono's voice is so beautyful. :wub:

i fell in love with some of my D'esparisRay that for some reason I never really listened to before. I had like two songs I'd listen to but for some reason skipped a whole bunch from Monsters and Coll:Set. Now LOVE IS DEAD, dope and DEVILS' PARADE is up in the highest playcount on my ipod. i dunno why i skipped them before....

i fell in love with some of my D'esparisRay that for some reason I never really listened to before. I had like two songs I'd listen to but for some reason skipped a whole bunch from Monsters and Coll:Set. Now LOVE IS DEAD, dope and DEVILS' PARADE is up in the highest playcount on my ipod. i dunno why i skipped them before....

this happens to me too because i repeat the songs i like and don't listen to the whole discography until after.

with fav bands a lot of times i have discovered songs.

most weird discovery: i used to listen dir en grey all the time and i didn't discover merciless cult after a long time wtf?!!! one of best songs ever

i just discovered aint afraid to die ~ i didn't wanted to listen to this song ~ i didn't get why everyone was liking it~ i refused to listen to it. i was listening only the beginning and then said boring ballad

and now i fell in love with it and i love the lyrics omg *_* <3

always others say omg seriously i fell in love with deg with these songs --

well i fell in love with deg with CLEVER SLEAZOID for real! xD

although lately i don't like them so much..but still i remember my love when i listen to some of their songs

ムック, really, what else I can say? I'm sure that almost everyone has noticed, that MUCC is my favourite band. (No shit Sherlock) I know that they're now almost literally "falling down", but even if their new... "style" is kind of random, I'm still going to support them as much as I can. Okay, Falling Down was better than I thought (live was, sample was kind of.... well, not that good), but I'm not sure about their future. Maybe the next album will suck, but maybe, MAYBE next single and album will be great, we don't never know. As I said, I don't like their new style - this electronic-thing. FUZZ was good, but it was experiment - yeah, it was successful but their new direction is kind of full of shit. (Where can I hear Yukke's bass? And how about Satochi's drums? asd, and Tatsurou's voice without changing it with a computer-or something)

Yeah, that's my main favourite band... Of course I like other bands too, but as I said, MUCC is my favourite band, which I like, follow and so on.

I must agree with this. I hope they "recover" from this. But I like the live version Falling down more than the single version!

And as I wrote somewhere "No album by them ever disappointed me" so I hope this album won't disappoint. And Polaris sounds quite good... The bolded... You stole my words!

But I must say this is band that have so many different songs. I never "saw" band like this. That's why I listen to them so often. I think they never pall on to me...

BUCK-TICK - For 20 years of great music and Atsushi's stunning voice.
I've listened maybe only half of their discography though. Acchan's voice = Eargasm

the studs - Just one from the best vocalist I ever heard. His voice is unique (like every singer I've listed here :D but but but :() ... RIP :(

DIR EN GREY - I don't listen to them for a long time, I must admit I hated them before, but Kyo's (no my nick isn't related to him) screams are so emotive, and the guitar riffs *-*. So dark and depressive music...

té - I wondered how it's possible just from instrumental music feel whether the song is sad or not, they have predominantly sad songs though. Yes, I feel it even from other bands (In many cases I don't know what they sing about). But with voices you feel it more bla bla :D. Their music even without singing it's not impoverished.

And many others but I'm lazy :D

Well, I've been attempting to rekindle my love for some of my American artists that have fallen somewhere behind my memories. It's been All-American Rejects, Lostprophets, Rise Against, 30 Seconds to Mars and Green Day at the top. Also been venturing out to find some new stuff. :3

I love LUNA SEA because they got this 80's style melody in their songs and it still holds up to today's music. My fav song Desire is 15 years old. :o

I love abingdon boys school because they always sound professional. I applaud TMR for choosing the right band members. Those 2 guitarist... are freaking amazing. And that keyboardist/DJ gives this band it's own identity with his synthesizing skills adding new elements. Their live shows are even better than the recordings.

I love SIAM SHADE because they're true rockers. The band line up is perfect. I like how they have 2 singers. Somehow this band comes up with genius melodies in many of their songs. It shows how focused they were on music than appearance. Can't stop listening to Kumori Nochi Hare. ^_^

i congratulate my favorite band D'ERLANGER for making old songs greater than before in a Fabulous Thing in Rose.

Bringing this back since the 'Official Music Hate Thread' had been brought back, I'll just leave yet another shout out to BUMP OF CHICKEN for being so indescribably flawless. I have no idea why I love them so much or what makes them so amazing to me but they're just so precious and pure.

Some random musings about ハイスイノナサ (haisuinonasa):

Without a doubt, one of my all-time favorite Japanese bands. Despite being around since 2004, their discography is weighs in around a whopping 30 songs lol...but that's not much of a problem since I don't feel they've ever written a "bad" song. In fact, whenever I play their music, I usually just find myself wanting to listen to everything.

For some reason, I heavily associate them with autumn and winter, and these are the times that I usually gravitate towards their music. Still, they're a band that I can listen to at any time and enjoy. I also find that while their music works well as background/busy music, I can still listen to it intently and be completely captivated.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the band's aesthetic resonates with me deeply. Their music feels cold and mechanical , and yet it's so paradoxically warm too. It's also quite technical and complex, yet there's a very simple beauty to it all too. Not to mention that their music inspires a keen sense of wonder within me, and often times feels dreamy and otherworldly.

Anyways, I'm done fanboying for now. They're definitely a band that I'll love for the long haul!  :lolita_happy:

Sign in to follow this