Sign in to follow this  
kodomia

Feeling of being pierced in video games ?

I've read an interesting article this afternoon. Some researchers in Japan have invented a sensor which is capable of simulating the feeling of being pierced by an object. The researchers also explained we can imagine this sensor being developed in the future for the video games so we could "feel" the pain when playing some fps game like Gears of War or war game like Dynasty's Warrior.

In the video below you can see the demonstration of this sensor.

iyr2-eR2Zi0

What do you think of this ?

Hmm, it's interesting but I'm not too sure what to think of it myself. It's a step forward to realism in gaming but how far can they actually take it?

Hmm, it's interesting but I'm not too sure what to think of it myself. It's a step forward to realism in gaming but how far can they actually take it?

IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME YOU DIE FOR REAL

At least I'm sure they'll take it to that level in the underground hardcore circles

ok pretty cool, but for optimal effect, your whole body has to be packed in such 'blocks' as they are now, or a complete suit in the future as it further progresses....

The idea is really awesome, but I gues it's practically not to realize in a living room surrounding I guess...

Would buy kinect sports where you get electrocuted if you don't break the record btw

Would buy kinect sports where you get electrocuted if you don't break the record btw

or a dodgeball-like game played with basketballs xD

Sign in to follow this