Sign in to follow this  
The Bread Wolf

Xodiack has left Starwave Records?

At least they don't appear anywhere in the artist page...

Though Kiwamu has yet to bash them to death in his facebook and he has also informed about their live on 10/19.

I wonder what's going on...

Hmm, nothing has been mentioned on Eros' blog nor his facebook. And on 1 of his ameblo blogs Starwave Records is still there. Unless it's something that has happened very recently and not yet updated.... otherwise, no idea...

Hmm, nothing has been mentioned on Eros' blog nor his facebook. And on 1 of his ameblo blogs Starwave Records is still there. Unless it's something that has happened very recently and not yet updated.... otherwise, no idea...

I'm pretty sure I checked SW Records' homepage just a couple of months ago and back then Xodiack was still listed. Now they've disappeared. Completely. They're nowhere to be found.

Also I wonder if this has got something to do with the fact that their latest mini-album was never released anywhere out of live shows.

I'm pretty sure I checked SW Records' homepage just a couple of months ago and back then Xodiack was still listed. Now they've disappeared. Completely. They're nowhere to be found.

Also I wonder if this has got something to do with the fact that their latest mini-album was never released anywhere out of live shows.

You mean their Maxi Single Skyscraper Hypoxia? Aye, that was rather a disappointment really. I think this was a move to try and make as many sales before it goes viral. One of their early singles was up on hearjapan for free, and they had a huge amount of people download it.. however, when their full album went on sale, only a few sales were made before it went viral. This was mentioned on the JAME VK Webseries articles. A friend and I were talking about this relating to this single and also Signal's MELT single, this might be how bands try to make their money and progress from now. Even D are somewhat restricting their releases now, only selling them at webshop and lives...

On topic, we still don't know if they have left the label yet. I would have thought there'd be announcement of it by now, or at least Kiwamu would have been talking about it on Facebook, but nothing of the sort yet. Not long ago Eros mentioned a European tour was in the works but nothing else has been mentioned. Guess we just have to wait and see really..

I tweeted him about it, I'll see if he replies.

He didn't reply D: I'm afraid to ask him again since he will rage on me xD

^ Really? I thought he'd be all about Eros having to eat his or his cat's shit if there was bad blood. : D

True haha, there's obviously something up though. Maybe Eros didn't piss him off like Ken did?

Or maybe he pissed him off so much that Kiwamu can't even find words rude enough to describe it. : D

That would be awesome, gonna check twitter again and if he hasn't replied ask again. Might get him raging.

Kiwamu mentioned he updated the Starwave Records facebook page news today, so I checked on there to see if there was anything new. Xodiack is mentioned in the Info section, but it's in Kanji ゾディアック . However, on their main site, as has been mentioned, they are no longer listed.

Now on Xodiacks Last fm page Madygrain mentioned on Tuesday they have disbanded. And I quote 'Eros moved to a new band and stated "Xociack was stupid". Also, the have broken their contract with starwave records.' I'm not really one to read into these sort of rumours, but it's quite strange indeed. A new band? Not seen anything mentioned on his blog. Disbanded? Surely Kiwamu would have mentioned this by now. If Eros truly said Xodiack (assuming it's a typo) was stupid, then why still be known as Xodiack Eros on his blog?

I really hope they haven't disbanded. It's all so mysterious...

A new band? Not seen anything mentioned on his blog.

Well, um, yeah. He hasn't mentioned joining into a new band but everyone knows about it anyway.

He joined into Vidoll's Rame's new band, Black Gene. In that band he's under the name "Ice" and at first it was controversial whether it was Eros or not, since their singer really looks like Eros. But his birthday gave him up. "Ice's" birthday is exactly the same as Eros'. And Ice looks like Eros. So I'm pretty sure it is Eros. : D Also he has mentioned Black Gene's oneman event in his blog, but without saying it's Black Gene's. He's just talking about a oneman.

About the rest of the rumour... I don't know. But that would really be the most awesome reason to break up a band. XD "It's stupid, I don't like it". Hahaha that made my day.

If Eros truly said Xodiack (assuming it's a typo) was stupid, then why still be known as Xodiack Eros on his blog?

Rame has been talking about new blogs for Black Gene's members, so maybe, if this rumour is true, Eros is to change his blog into a new one.

Yeah, but let's wait for more and accurate information.

(haha if that guy with the hat in pic is eros xD)

it doesn't mean anything if he hasn't change his name. i have seen bands still having the name days after they announced disbandment. they don't change it right away. maybe we should ask the members?? not that they would answer.

well if this is true i am starting to believe eros is an arrogant idiot

I didn't think they had disbanded either, since... well, yeah, there's no evidence to it and they're still doing lives pretty actively.

But the main question remains: Are they still under Starwave Records? That's yet to be answered.

Sign in to follow this