Guest o hai itz will

Official Music Hate Thread

I hate LM.C. :ninja:

Same. Aiji should be ashamed of himself. tsktsk. And Maya should replace that lollipop with a real dick.

right japan is a huge country and i have seen enough visual artists are in the mainstream top 10 charts. so yeah they know visual kei.

*chokes on her tea* WUT? You serious? All the Japanese people I've ever talked to have NO idea who any of those bands are that DO appear on the top ten charts. The most they know is Gackt... accomplishment there. And as soon as you say you like "Visual kei" they go.." oh...*looks away*". Visual kei in Japan is like the lowest of the low...most people would be embarrassed to say they like a Visual Band. :T

Anyway I shall throw in more hate.

- Gazette: Cause apart from like a few good songs they are really repetitive. Mind you I really HATE their fandom though. Oh boy are they crazy.

... mm this leads me to my next point..

- Vkei fandom in GENERAL: Oh dear LORD. You fight and bicker about EVERY GOD-DAMMED THING! So-and-so releases new album, you complain. The album has a new musical direction. You whine about how their old sound was better. The band goes back to their old sound on their new single. You cry about how its an old sound now and they should try something new. EH? Make up your mind...do you hate them or not? And if you do hate the new sound why are you complaining? Not like the band is going to read your random hate comment on YOUTUBE and go " hmm..well that one person hates our new sound..maybe we should go back to the old one?". Seriously. TEH FUCK. ( Deluhi fandom I'm looking at you here. Cause at times I want to strangle all of you. And don't give me shit about how Juri sounded better. He sounded like a dying ELK in most of the songs in SURVEILLANCE. The oh-so-vkei-vibrato-of-doom is not sexy or hot. Its plain GARBAGE. )

- Most VOCALISTS of VKEI: Omg...so many have this DISGUSTING Vibrato that is not OPERA..or cool...it just nasty sounding. Its forced, unnatural. Advice from me? TAKE DAMN VOCAL LESSONS. ADVICE NUMBER TWO; NOT FROM THAT WOMAN WHO VOCAL COACHES ALMOST EVERY VKEI BAND VOCALISTS AND THEIR MOTHER. She is an OPERA SINGER. SHE WONT TEACH YOU HOW TO SING ROCK. Find a vocal coach WHO AT THE VERY LEAST, does not DO OPERA. Your vowels are still horrible, your vibratos are everywhere, you can't transition from chest voice to head voice AT ALL properly. *rips out hair*.

- Delusional fans are also annoying..god..you're not going to marry so-and-so...your fat and ugly..go to a gym instead.

- Fans that think JAPANESE music is GOD and is the only music relevant in this world. Uh..stfu. All those "J-rawk" bands wouldn't be have there been no Western Music. It concerns me that people would think themselves as such Music GURUS when they have such a narrow view of what good music is. You f-ing hypocrites.

- Fans who go to concerts, ROCK concerts..and JUST STAND THERE STARING AT THE BAND. Buy a DVD if you're gonna do that. You wont get hurt that way and wont have to waste your time typing up a long ass entry on your livejournal how _____ band's fans are violent and mean.

I ran out of hate...I basically hate 90% of Vkei...maybe more. Whatever's left over is older stuff that I still think is good and maybe some random new stuff...tho not a lot.

I'mma go listen to some Beethoven now..*walks away*

wtf dude that post was so long ago i don't remember...

anyway i don't live in japan so i can't be sure about anything there.so i believe you.

but hyde for example started visual and was in top charts. how they don't know vk?

they don't know x japan or dir en grey?or gackt ?

i kinda know how people who listen to only popular music act about underground music etc . it's the same in every country.

i don't expect people who like pop to know them but how about those who listen to rock?

edit: ahahaha. xDD about the fandom. i totally agree! they are never happy about anything in reviews xD.

Just cause its an old post doesn't mean I can't comment :P

Maybe L'arc en ciel was visual way back when, but people kinda go " Oh right..that did happen...oh well" They do know and love L'arc...but not their visual old selves. X Japan they DO KNOW...Gackt I said they do....Dir en grey surprisingly enough is 50/50. Some know them some go "WHO??". To them Vkei is not something they are willing to listen to. If they like a visual band, usually its either really old stuff like X Japan, or hide...or someone that did appear on Oricon charts. Like SID, quite a bit of people know SID. Why? They are poppy. So those that do like POP would like them.

People who like rock though, honest to god either listen to bands like One ok rock, or other bands who wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing make up. The guys in Japan I've spoken too are really into British rock recently. I guess its kinda like how we foreigners listen to Japanese music because its different to us, they are more likely to listen to OUR music, because its different to THEM.

Ah I hope I made sense my brain is not functioning D:

Like SID, quite a bit of people know SID.:

I was actually surprised to see how many people know about SID. Never even listened to them but a japanese friend told me one time "My little sister likes vk" and I was like o_Ô but still asked her which band she liked and it became something in the lines of "SID" "and ...?" "And that's all".

And yeah a lot of people don't know about vk because, as dracolicious already said, the vk scene is like the lowest of the low (even lower than hosts, so that's reeaaaaaally low). The fans are considered either young girls with no brain just good to be mitsu, or old women with shouta-con (and japanese fans are really scary. I hate the japanese audience, not in the same way as I hate the western audience, but they do scare the crap out of me most of the time). I've met some really creepy fangirls in the indie realm. And totally nuts with that.

@dracolicious13:

Just commenting to say I agree with everything you just said thus far. xD Especially with the "opera" singing thing and the stuff about fans whining about concerts. It's rock, not a poetry-reading, what do people expect? :?

Who cares how the enjoy the music as long as they do?

And I don't see why anyone should care about how others see VK. Fans of all genres have negative stereotypes. Indie people are pretentious, metalheads are violent, hip-hop fans are either gangsters or wanna-be gangsters, etc.. People suck.

but yeah this is the hate thread so cares, really.

(sadie sux)

I agree with dracolicious on this. Every now and then the opera thing is passable, but mostly it just makes me want to gouge my ears with chopsticks.

And the fandom, oh god, the vk/jrock fandom. So many hypocrites, I can't stand it. And no one seems to know how to concede a point in an argument. A good debate has to actually see the other side's point of view, give a little, and then come up with a relevant rebuke as to why one's side is still "correct."

Honestly though, I'm becoming more convinced that it's not a jrock or a fandom thing, but a people in general thing.

As for exact band/musician hate:

Yoshiki is getting on my nerves. I like some of his piano playing and songs just fine, but his "B'AWWW, WE ALL MISS HIDE" attitude is just pissing me off.

I can't stand Nightmare's vocalist; the music is alright, but the vocals are so bland.

She's not Japanese, but I hate Lady Gaga as well. Her music doesn't sound that special to me.

/rage :evil:

I can't stand Nightmare's vocalist; the music is alright, but the vocals are so bland

he actually used to sing better lol, it's the recent two albums that becamse REALLY unlistenable

I liked them before but their current stuff is just terrible - the music is okay, the voice is big no-no

OMG. I HATE Justin Bieber. Can we kill him yet?

LOL!!!

add in Lady Gaga n' Taylor Swift. :lol:

I hate Alice Nine now.Recent release was horrible!!!! I want more like "tsubasa" sound D:

Like SID, quite a bit of people know SID.:

I was actually surprised to see how many people know about SID. Never even listened to them but a japanese friend told me one time "My little sister likes vk" and I was like o_Ô but still asked her which band she liked and it became something in the lines of "SID" "and ...?" "And that's all".

And yeah a lot of people don't know about vk because, as dracolicious already said, the vk scene is like the lowest of the low (even lower than hosts, so that's reeaaaaaally low). The fans are considered either young girls with no brain just good to be mitsu, or old women with shouta-con (and japanese fans are really scary. I hate the japanese audience, not in the same way as I hate the western audience, but they do scare the crap out of me most of the time). I've met some really creepy fangirls in the indie realm. And totally nuts with that.

I've never gotten to know any Japanese fans enough to discover that they're creepy. Actually the few I've talked to a bit are nice. but I'm sure there must be some hella weird/rabid ones if things like Tanuki can ever be invented -___- Unlike in US, the jerks in the fan circle are hidden behind cute appearances.

But I think it's especially too bad that the mentality of the scene is often just about "drooling over cool-looking guys," because I feel like a lot of the musicians are serious and want to do this because they grew up loving rock music. I don't mind people drooling over cool-looking guys, but I hope that doesn't become outsiders' main impression or the fans' main purpose, you know.

And yeah, I think liking SID, and/or a lot of major visual kei bands, does not make you a visual kei fan.

a fair few of the underground or rare 90s vk bands people worship, don't care what if anything they did to the scene I just cant stand them

Despairsray, girugamesh

A lot of siam shade's stuff, but they have got some great songs

Moi dix mois and malice mizer, phantasmagoria and chariots

I forgot this thread existed.

I have a recent annoyance. Random bands no one cares about doing one-day revivals as if they were worth mentioning when they were active. Is this some sort of new craze or has it always gone on and I haven't been paying attention?

Calmando Qual's new music being musical sewage.

I forgot this thread existed.

I have a recent annoyance. Random bands no one cares about doing one-day revivals as if they were worth mentioning when they were active. Is this some sort of new craze or has it always gone on and I haven't been paying attention?

So while a lot of my old favourite bands have been getting back together to be honest when I hear the live report it sounds incredibly lame. It's usually one or two original members and the rest all just support. That's just no fun and I quickly lose interest :-\

Guest Naru

They only did try something new,..

But they are now with the original line-up only Tasc did leave the band.

But who knows they will come back with their old sound again.

And the 2 new singles aren't bad you only have to listen it to like 10times till you get used to sound..

It's not like they play bad music ^^"