Sign in to follow this  
Mei

Vior gloire - インスパイア

so, what's your opinion on this wonderful single?

im really interested in what you guys have to say.

*i'll be back with a track by track review later!*

i was expecting more from them too, anyway i liked this single a lot. in general music's cool but it lacks a lil bit of inspiration, or better production maybe. vocals r awesome nonetheless.

インスパイア: 9/10 chorus is really nice. sharu stands out imo. and drumming is cool too. however, it gets boring after a few listens

of the sorrow "C": 2/10 boring and repetitive. i was expecting sth like invitation to the darkness by brodiaea...

ナキハ: 9/10 i like how catchy the chorus is and how the drums and guitars go together.

i don't have much to say, musically they r nothing special, but, same as suzaku, they have nice song writing. and they have an amazing vocalist (which is really important to me). i give the overall rating an 8 just because it's a bit boring after a few listens.

Generally, bands don't become "special" to someone for quite a while after listening to them. If you honestly thought that their debut single was going to change your life for forever, save VK, and become on-par with X then you, quite honestly, deserved to have your hopes dashed. A bit of an exaggeration, yes, but I don't understand why so many people are complaining about how un-special they are after only really having access to their music for a day and half with samples that were pretty accurate to how the full songs turned out.

On the contrary, this single matched my expectations perfectly: it picked up where GRiST left off with a bit more of a hard-rock feel thanks to Kei's involvement with Brodiea (I'm assuming that that's where it came from, based on the little I know about that band). They are different in comparison to the rest of UCP's history, but they aren't exactly new in terms of the scene as a whole. While I do agree that the single was a bit short (I think Jigsaw said this on lastfm) , I did enjoy both songs a lot. From here on, I hope they continue to add variety into their discography to make them more unique, I guess, so they don't end up being a UCP substitution for Secilia Luna or Misaruka. Both songs are nice to have playing as background music, as well as enjoyable to actively listen to: what more could I ask for? Hopefully their next release isn't very far away!

It was okay. I liked the title track, the second track (not counting the SE) was a bit forgetful. It sounded like a weak GRiST song, ie. overall sound was nice, but the composition isn't on par with some of the better GRiST songs. So far I still prefer GRiST over Vior gloire, but this is only their first single, so maybe they'll write better material in the future. I do like their overall direction and the vocalist seems to have improved too.

Anyway, still the best new band I heard from UCP in quite a qhile.

6/10

Short and a little boring and pretty forgettable after awhile. I listened to this the other day when it became available but couldn't remember much about it after giving it a listen. Certainly not a bad debut single but overall it's forgettable. I do look forward to future releases and they give UCP a bit more variety with their band line up.

Inspire - I like this song, it's not needlessly long and quite catchy. Probably also my favourite on the single. 9/10

of the sorrow "C" - Whoa, this is boring :-\ I figure for being the second track it would bridge the first and third but it's just kinda there and just seems like filler. 2/10

Nakiha - I enjoy how the song begins but it seems repetitive and I think they could of shortened it. Especially around the final chorus that seems to just kinda repeat over and over the same verses. I don't think they could write a good ending for the song since it does fade out but I like the little bits of guitar playing as it fades to an end. (Fade outs are always a negative with me (personal preference)). 6.5/10

Overall a 6/10 with that instrumental song being the one to bring down the average. It is VK after all so I should of expected the instrumental but sheesh, that is probably the biggest let down. Maybe if it was a good instrumental but it's just so boring and doesn't feel like it fits in at all. Considering that there was a live report and they already have like 10 something songs written.

After I heard a loot of good reviews of them... I couldn't wait to give them a try... but... damn.. did uh guys heard the same as mine ? xD

it was okay... but... not that special for me o.O

it was just like normal spaghetti for me xD

but I will give them a second try and edit my post ^^

but not bad for a first single !!!

it sounds pretty good, haven't like it really much yet, but I think it will very soon :P

Need to listen this a few times in a row. ^^

Pretty cool debut single, but too short, yeah. xD Liking them tons more than the other new UC bands.

Will keep an eye on them in the future! :)

normal spaghetti

ok

Will give this guys a try after these reviews. Haven't dared listen to any of UCP new bands after the master piece that was REALies single.

Sign in to follow this