Sign in to follow this  
Raycoo

-OZ- new single release

They used a bit more electronic stuff in the title track than they have in previous songs, but that was really the only "dramatic" change everyone was bracing for. Liked the first sample, the other two were okay and sub-par for me.

I think its safe to say that they tried to experiment a bit with their sound. In at least 2 of the 3 songs. I hope everyone is happy now since their main concern is ''they are doing the same thing'' etc.

I honestly didn't notice the electronics when I first listened to this LOL. However I was listening over my 3G connection so the quality wasn't fantastic, anyway it's barely noticeable buuuut it would be cool as shit if they kept on experimenting with more electronics and ended up releasing something as awesome as Coll:set. The other two previews didn't really interest me, especially the slower ballad-ish song, Natsuki doesn't have a singing voice that fits ballads imo. It's kinda irritating to listen too.

^ Kiding's me? Sky High is brilliant and Natsuki's voice fits perfectly.

Anyway, I love the bits of industrial influences. Glad they're trying something a little bit different.

I love the bits of industrial influences. Glad they're trying something a little bit different.

Same here. I am not a big fan of electronical elements, but it fits well the song. So I am looking forward to this release :hyper:

it's safe to say this is going to be one of my favorite singles this year.

the samples were something special. can't wait o________o.

it's safe to say this is going to be one of my favorite singles this year.

the samples were something special. can't wait o________o.

I agree, I need to order this single. I dont think it should be too much.

You can tell they've never tried to use electronic sounds in their songs before, because its so badly executed.

That toll/bell sound seems like an afterthought and it does not sound good. Although the 2nd electronic effect is executed better.

And there's hardly enough in there to justify any "change" in sound. They still sound exactly the same. Their sound has progressed so little since the start of their career. So much potential wasted by rehashing the same formula over and over, year after year with a few exceptions. Sure its produced some fantastic songs for them, but as musicians they are showing absolutely no versatility.

(i disagree this versatility issue everytime hits on my nerves

i love oz the way they are

i don't think they need to change.

what the fuck do you want them to do

to sing rap or something

maybe you just don't like them . it's like people trying to change them to pop so they can like them.because now they can't.

well i like them the way they are now.)

I honestly didn't notice the electronics when I first listened to this LOL. ..........The other two previews didn't really interest me, especially the slower ballad-ish song, Natsuki doesn't have a singing voice that fits ballads imo. It's kinda irritating to listen too.

that's my opinion too

but i think it's like he read somewhere reviews and try to lower his voice there in the sample. anyone else noticed? it's making me kinda lol. still don't really like ballad voice but he is trying <3

i love the pv preview !!!. it doesn't seem they will change so much. yay

can't want!!!

also seriously the style in the pv doesn't fit the song natsuki

(personally there is no way i am changing the last fm tag. even if they'll change logo.

there is no way i am having like 300 different tags for the same band, everytime a band changes something in their logo)

(i even hate in last fm when they change completely band names but are still the same people. then i have to change tags.

like born for example)

(i disagree this versatility issue everytime hits on my nerves

i love oz the way they are

i don't think they need to change.

what the fuck do you want them to do

to sing rap or something

maybe you just don't like them . it's like people trying to change them to pop so they can like them.because now they can't.

well i like them the way they are now.)

lol no I wouldn't expect that extreme of rapping, but they should try to branch out into something new. It's one thing to play in a specific style, but when you get confused on what song is actually playing or you listen to a CD straight through and it all sounds like one continuous song, there is a problem. For example, the Gazette only seem to play in a specific style, but I've never confused one song for another one. For Oz, I've confused Filmy with Lead or with Detox or with parts of Pressed Flower, etc. etc. The last branching out they tried was when they made a PV for their ballad Rain Delay. It wasn't the fact it was a ballad. It was the fact that it was a ballad as a single which was a first for them.

As for the topic, I like how the title track sounds. The other two songs are ok sounding, but probably will be forgotten in the shuffle of mp3s on my player.

While I do agree, that these guys could try something "new" simply because they have so much potential, but I don't really understand why people expect so much from VK. Seriously. How many times you've heard someone say about a western band that they should try something new? How many times someone has listened to a new Ensiferum album and complained that "pff these guys still doing viking metal"? None, zero, nada. That just doesn't happen. No one is expecting a western band to change. No one even want's that. For VK bands, it's the opposite. A VK band doing the same stuff for 2 years is usually considered a failure. Why is that?

That's because everyone's looking for the killer VK band to save the stagnating/dying scene and while -OZ- is good, they aren't that band. They know what they're good at and they stick with it, even if it's the same type of song rehashed over and over again. However, I agree with Tony. When I popped in my headphones those electronic sounds on Reverse sounded awful. Oh well, that's experimentation for you: sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not.

That's because everyone's looking for the killer VK band to save the stagnating/dying scene and while -OZ- is good, they aren't that band. They know what they're good at and they stick with it, even if it's the same type of song rehashed over and over again. However, I agree with Tony. When I popped in my headphones those electronic sounds on Reverse sounded awful. Oh well, that's experimentation for you: sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not.

we already have that band

they're called REALies

OZ will hold their "no-single" presents live "共鳴(kyoumei)" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2011/11/05, at which they will play songs other than single title tracks to be requested by voting between 2011/10/16 and 2011/10/25 through [email protected]

[available songs]

【SIX】

01.DAIS

02.Erode

03.Shangri-la

04.Illegal SLEEP

05.Resemblance

06.Enmity

【VERSUS】

01.LAST Shell

02.FILMY

03.BLAZE

05.Needle

06.Reservation

08.IN RUBBISH

09.M.D.M.A

10.MIGRANT

12.Breathe trees

【Rouge】

01.Birthday

02.Rotate

03.LEAD

04.flood bead

06.REborn

07.PLANT

08.Bitter & Sweet

09.Strings

11.Seventh Tier

12.THRUST

13.Sky high

Lol not even stuff from their first 3 releases. That was when they were actually cool.

Umm, care to re-read Trombe's post? The live is a 'NO single' live. Which means, no singles, just album songs.

Do they still play any of their old songs (first three singles) during their lives?

I don't know about Japan lives, but when they toured Europe in January this year the oldest song they played was Zenith.

Sign in to follow this