Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Good Songs to Play Video Games To!

I'm not a gamer - I only own 3 games on the xbox 360 which I barely play. I'm a bit of a Gundam freak, though...so I've found myself playing one of those 3 games, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 quite a bit recently. I like games that you can just turn on and play without putting much thought into it, and Dynasty Warriors' style of mindless hack-and-slash pretty much does the job.

Naturally, the soundtrack on DW: Gundam 2 sucks, so I like to listen to my own playlist while dominating the battlefield. The songs that I put on that playlist usually have the following attributes: "fast", "energetic", "epic", "dramatic", "fantastical".

I've got stuff on there from Dir en Grey, the gazette, D'espairsRay, Epica, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, THE BACK HORN, Muse, Maximum the Hormone, Queens Of The Stone Age, School Food Punishment, Circa Survive, Closure In Moscow, UNLIMITS, These Arms Are Snakes, Rin Toshite Shigure, Yoko Kanno, etc, etc...ALL kinds of stuff.

Hell, since it's a Gundam game I even have Gundam and other Anime theme songs on it too. Here are a few of the songs I have on my playlist for DW: Gundam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOpsNTIlK9Qhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqg6V8_9N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tWbYgmMwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ajTh76VR8

I'll put anything on my Gundam playlist as long as it "fits" the game lol. A good amount of these songs I don't even listen to when I'm not gaming haha...

ANYWAYS, what songs do you all like to listen to while playing video games?

i usually played some uplifting music when i'm bored with the background music from the game itself.

And it's mixed, Western and Asian.

But then again, i mostly played fighting, sport and adventure game than anything.

So i need uplifting one to make me hyped, let's say to beat the bosses lol

i played some things like metronome's and Fear factory, some punk songs, some early linkin park, DAI are also (un)surprisingly fit in, too! And don't laugh, some good charlotte stuffs too, the only laid back music i listened to when playing game are nujabes. :P

Guest 膣分泌液

Eh, do I have to post videos? >.>

Well, I haven't gamed in FOREVER, but I if is an action game with lots of violence and stuff, I like listening to heavy metal like Anthem or Eizo Sakamoto solo with fast guitars and drums that makes my adrenaline race. If the game is more fantasy-like, I like some power metal with keyboards like Galneryus or something. No particular songs though. I usually just turn on my metal playlist on my iPod.

I usually pick songs that I think match the story or the situation. For Final Fantasy XIII (the game I'm playing right now), I listened alot to COBRA by born, because for some reason it fit. Also, Solid Heart & Musou no hana by D matched really good. I think those last two songs will match any game with action in it, actually. And try Enemy by FLOW. I wanted to post the videos, but I don't know how to emb. them here D:

I don't feel like posting any video, but all I can say is that IOSYS' "Love's Spark!!" pumps me up, especially when I'm playing shooters and fighting games. Somehow I can't remember any other song right now.

I remember playing Final Fantasy IX years ago and listening to System Of A Down's Question! for like... hours, while doing the Chocobo Hot & Cold sidequest. I don't even like SOAD much, but that song is still a favourite of mine. And any time I play FFIX and do the Chocobo sidequest it's always in my head.

Nowadays though I don't really listen to music when I play games. Mostly because most games these days generally have very fitting soundtracks and a lot of voice work. I guess I'd only really put music on if it was an old RPG with no voice work, or a fighting game or Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors-type game. Having said that though, I have no idea what I'd use.

AH so I stuck with playing DOOM (yeah the original ones, never played the newest one) and listened to Eminem, because his album's "The Eminem Show" and the ones before made me laugh so hard! lol.

I never play video games without the original game music. The music and sounds tends to be such a huge part of the game so not listening to it takes away half the fun of the game, which in my eyes suck.

I never play video games without the original game music. The music and sounds tends to be such a huge part of the game so not listening to it takes away half the fun of the game, which in my eyes suck.

This

All the games I play I love the OST's so I rarely use any external music. Although when I play RTS games like AoE or Civi 5 I tend to listen to Solar Fields, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Aes Dana or other ambient type shit like that.

I also listen to a lot of Sybreed and Mnemic when I play FPS games.

Most of the time I listen to the OST. Some games such as Team Fortress 2, League of Legends or Star Craft II I will put on some external music but it's usually just whatever I'm into at the moment. I don't have a specific type of music, song or band I like to listen to when I'm playing games. :)

Pretty much this. Only excepetion are some random free mmorpgs i tried since i don't really concetrate on the atmosphere there anyway.

i most of the times play the music from the disney parks, theyve got such great tunes, i am an real disney addict,and just love the music they play in the parcs, got over 40Gig of disney music

really nice to hear when playing WoW or rollercoaster tycoon 3=)

When i play Fps, I usually go for something heavy and fast, so i usually play Deluhi or DeathGaze...-Oz- Etc....

If im into a rpg i usually want some epic music in the background so i usually go for D or Versailles.

Sign in to follow this