Sign in to follow this  
morbiusss

lynch - I BELIEVE IN ME

I think LYNCH is a really talented band and ive enjoyed alot of their work but this album has got to be their weakest release. Clearly, its another case where a J-rock band full of potential is stripped of their originality and is forced into creating mediocre work, thanks to once again...their major label.

UNTIL I DIE-The chorus...as well as the song structure, def has been done b4 by many bands.

I BELIEVE IN ME-Something fresh, more LYNCH like, really enjoyed this track.

JUDGEMENT-AGAIN WITH THE DAMN CHORUS...and it was just a boring song.

LIE-Catchy song, still nada special...AND even though they tried hard with making the chorus different, still sounded the same as UNTIL, and JUDGEMENT.

-273.15℃-Once again, nothing special...It just felt like a filler track Nice track 2 listen 2 if u wanna headbang though.

THIS COMA-Another fresh track, not my favorite but its listenable.

SCARLET: Loved it. It was one of the songs where i didnt mind the tapping...(honestly is that the only thing the guitarist knows how to do??)

ALL THIS I’LL GIVE YOU-Probably the best track on the entire album. Can't stop bumpin it.

TIAMAT-Better that -273, wish it could've been longer. Still felt like a filler track

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT-It has a nice dark feeling 2 it and i like the vocals alot. It felt like the song was gonna get heavy after a certain point...kinda bummed it didnt.

A GLEAM IN THE EYE-I gotta give this a few listens but im not impressed by it honestly.

Overall rating: 4.5/10

SHADOWZ was better than this. Except for a few tracks, i am highly disappointed with this release.

I feel like the LYNCH b4 the label switch could've produced something a lot better.

Clearly, its another case where a J-rock band full of potential is stripped of their originality and is forced into creating mediocre work, thanks to once again...their major label.

/facepalm

I'm pretty sure lynch did everything themselves. I doubt Hazuki would have let lynch go onto a major label if they would have changed their music. I also don't see how this is "mediocre" work as it sounds pretty much like everything else they've done, which isn't a bad thing.

I really enjoyed this album ! I always liked lynch. hard stuff ~ This album is a bit more melodic but... It's not a problem for me. My english sucks a lot, so I won't do a very long review.

INTRODUCTION : Interesting (I'm not found of "intros") ~ 6.5/5

UNTIL I DIE : I really love this song ~ 8.5/5

I BELIEVE IN ME : One of the best of this album, to me ~ 9/10

JUDGEMENT : In the beginning, when I heard it on the single, it was a bit... Meh. Then in the album, I really like it ! ~ 8/10

LIE : My favorite of the new songs ! ~ 9.5/10

-273.15°C : Headbang headbang headbang ~ I appreciate this kind of songs ~ 8/10

THIS COMA : Enjoyable, but not that much ~ 6/10

SCARLET : Like it, but not a masterpiece ~ 7/10

ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU : My favorite lynch. song ever ~ 10/10

TIAMAT : Headbang headbang headbang ! But this one is better than -273°C ! ~ 8.5/10

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT : Interesting track, which could have been on SHADOWS ~ 8/10

GLEAM IN EYE : The same as JUDGEMENT, now I really enjoy this song ~ 8.5/10

OVERALL : 8/10

My favourite album from lynch. ! I'll listen to it again & again ~

Liked this album overall, it's their 2nd best after the avoided sun.

sadly, there's not much innovation in it, and songs tend to get same-sounding and repetitive quite soon - except for the singles, and LIE.

I'm getting bored of their signature lynch. sound, same thing as with nightmare or sadie, but to a much lesser extent.

hope they add some variety with their next releases.

Clearly, its another case where a J-rock band full of potential is stripped of their originality and is forced into creating mediocre work, thanks to once again...their major label.

/facepalm

I'm pretty sure lynch did everything themselves. I doubt Hazuki would have let lynch go onto a major label if they would have changed their music. I also don't see how this is "mediocre" work as it sounds pretty much like everything else they've done, which isn't a bad thing.

Yea...um...do the following.

Listen to their previous albums and then listen to I BELIEVE IN ME AGAIN. If you think that album is anywhere on par with SHADOWZ or any other previous release then you really haven't been payin much attention to their music. No offense.

You gotta be trollin' us all.

please compare the beginnings from LIE, ALL THIS I WILL GIVE YOU and AN ILLUSION

Now compare the beginnings from I BELIEVE IN ME, JUDGEMENT, LIE, -273.15℃, TIAMAT and A GLEAM IN EYE. Also, SCARLET, TIAMAT and a GLEAM IN EYE starts with a "SAAAAAAAAH". It's just... wow.

/facepalm

Yea...um...do the following.

Listen to their previous albums and then listen to I BELIEVE IN ME AGAIN. If you think that album is anywhere on par with SHADOWZ or any other previous release then you really haven't been payin much attention to their music. No offense.

Switching to a major label hasn't changed them at all is what I was getting at, not whether it sounded as good as their other albums because, in my opinion, I think this album is the same as, if not better than SHADOWZ. Saying that I haven't been paying attention to their music is a big statement, you don't know me. I'm not here for an argument.

Anyway, here's my review:

INTRODUCTION - (for an intro) 7/10

I really like this. It's their first intro too which kind of surprised me as it seems to be the cool thing to do with VK bands. The piano really sets the mood for the next song.

UNTIL I DIE - 7/10

In my opinion this is just more lynch. The song is awesome, there isn't much else I can say about it other than that.

I BELIEVE IN ME - 8/10

I really love the screaming chorus in this. (at least, I assume it's the chorus) Everything else about this song is really awesome. The only thing that made me take off one point was Hazuki's singing in the pre-chorus, it sounded a bit weak.

JUDGEMENT - 8/10

Holy crap. I loved the single version of this song and this re-recording just makes it sound that much better. The drumming has a louder mix which I like a lot. The singing in the chorus is what deducted a point this time. I liked that little scream Hazuki did in the single version but it's been replaced with that nasally falsetto which I dislike. The rest of the song is awesome though.

LIE - 7/10

This song sounds a lot like a heavier version of I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM. The song's still pretty awesome. That's all I can say about it really.

-273.15℃ - 7/10

Another heavy "in your face" song which lynch. tend to include on every album. This one feels a bit like a filler but I like this even though these sorts of songs aren't my favourite from lynch.

THIS COMA - 7/10

I'm not a big fan of lynch's ballads. This song is good but it doesn't top LAST NITE for my favourite ballad. Maybe it'll grow on me.

SCARLET - 10/10

I quite like this. It starts off like it's going to be another heavy song but then it mellows out into an amazing heavy ballad. I really like Hazuki's singing/screaming in this, it fits perfectly. The quarter life bit in the end sent a massive chill down my spine when I heard it, I'm glad they included that, it just made the song for me.

ALL THIS I GIVE TO YOU - 8/10

Loved this song on the single, love the re-recording. It doesn't sound much different than the single version, but that's a good thing. I really like the acoustic guitar they've added in the chorus, it makes it sound a lot better. I dislike the added singing before the breakdown though, to me it just doesn't fit.

TIAMAT - 8/10

A second "in your face" song on this album. This song is probably my favourite one though. It definitely tops -273.15℃.

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT - 10/10

Ignore what I said about me not liking lynch's ballads, this song is quite possibly one of the best song's they've done. It's very atmospheric for lynch. and I'm pretty sure it will never fail to send shivers down my spine with every listen. Beautiful is probably the word I'd use to describe this song. Definitely my favourite from the album.

A GLEAM IN EYE - 10/10

Once again, I loved the original and I love this version. The re-recording is definitely better but (as is the same with JUDGEMENT) the chorus let's it down a bit. To me it doesn't sound as strong as the original. The bit before where the breakdown used to be and the new part there surprised me, it fit's SO well. It easily makes up the weaker chorus. I love it.

Overall - 9/10

This album is amazing. I'm really glad I bought it. To me it's on par with, if not better, than SHADOWZ. I'm glad they've got past copy/pasting the same breakdowns too even to the point of removing said breakdown from A GLEAM IN EYE. Quite possibly my favourite album for 2011 which might only be topped by DIR EN GREY's new album.

INTRODUCTION ; 6/10

I don't really care much for intros but this one was good. It remind me of a horror game.

UNTIL I DIE ; 9/10

You can tell this is a Lynch song. I was a little bit unsure about this song because of the title but I was wrong. Its great.

I BELIEVE IN ME ; 10/10

This song just stole my heart and kind of spoke to me. The PV and the song itself is just priceless. I know its odd but I get the feeling that this song was made just for me.

JUDGEMENT ; 9/10

Another great song from another great band. Its like they took the song from the single and turn it tnto gold.

LIE ; 8/10

I love this song. I play this song whenever I fight a boss in persona 3.

-273.15℃ ; 10/10

This song sounds like DEATHGAZE with a little bit of a lynch taste to it. LOVE IT.

THIS COMA ; 9/10

I'm not a ballad person. But this remind me of old school anime like Bio Hunter or Nightwalker.

SCARLET ; 10/10

Hazuki's voice is just golden no its just perfect. enough said.

ALL THIS I GIVE TO YOU ; 7/10

I like this song on the single better but it still rocks.

TIAMAT ; 10/10

I really hope no one ask me if I like this song or -273.15℃ better. Its like choosing which child you love the most.

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT ; 10/10

For some reason every time I hear this song I think of the movie FROM HELL. Its like the theme song for Jack The Ripper when he looking for his next victim.

A GLEAM IN EYE ; 7/10

Nice but I like the one on the single better. Its sounds a little weak to me on here.

I didn't listen to this album before I bought it and that like taking a risk to me when it come to getting CDs and DVDs. All I have to say is that I was shock to how good the album was. It was just priceless really just priceless. I'm glad I own this album.

LYNCH - I BELIEVE IN ME gets a 10 out of 10

My score for this album: 9/10

But~ some songs have similar music or there was an error in my ears?

*just kidding guys* :mrgreen:

The songs that I love: Judgement, Lie, All this I'll give you :rawk:

Sign in to follow this