Sign in to follow this  
sai

UVERworld - LIFE 6 SENSE

Going to give a bigger review later but I have to say I love the album. Seeing as I didn't like the singles I thought this wasn't going to be as good as LAST, even though the members said it would be different. Somehow it is, and somehow it isn't. For now I'd give it a 8.5/10

Your thoughts?

Oh and please, I know we have a few UVERworld haters on here, so I'm okay with it if you don't like the album or the band, everybody's got their own taste but don't turn this into a 'boohooo they've always sucked blablabla' topic

t2Spy.gif

So this the first Uverworld album I've heard and its pretty good. I had heard other singles by them and they sounded awesome so I decided to try them out. Right off the bat one of the most obvious thing about this band is their strength in alternative rock and in incorporating different styles of music and instruments into it, be it pop, hard rock, rap, acoustic Spanish guitars or saxophones. They reminded me of Abingdon boys school in this aspect in that they excel in the alternative rock sound. Another thing I enjoy about Uverworld is their song composition and structure. Not only does it aid in their incorporation of different sounds, but it makes their music interesting. All the bridges, breakdowns, post choruses, and well placed fills work very well.

One of the downsides I found with this album is the sound production. It is very well produced but at times it totters between sounding well produced and having the icky way too clean feel of being overproduced. Which brings me to Takuya's vocals. There are moments when I found myself having trouble clicking with certain songs because I had trouble liking his poppy vocal performance. I can't tell if this because of his vocal technique, or because it goes back to my original complaint about sounding too overproduced.

Anyway like I said, I ended up enjoying this album. I give it a 7.8/10

I'll just throw this out there and ask if any other Uver fans can recommend another good album by them?

So this the first Uverworld album I've heard and its pretty good. I had heard other singles by them and they sounded awesome so I decided to try them out. Right off the bat one of the most obvious thing about this band is their strength in alternative rock and in incorporating different styles of music and instruments into it, be it pop, hard rock, rap, acoustic Spanish guitars or saxophones. They reminded me of Abingdon boys school in this aspect in that they excel in the alternative rock sound. Another thing I enjoy about Uverworld is their song composition and structure. Not only does it aid in their incorporation of different sounds, but it makes their music interesting. All the bridges, breakdowns, post choruses, and well placed fills work very well.

One of the downsides I found with this album is the sound production. It is very well produced but at times it totters between sounding well produced and having the icky way too clean feel of being overproduced. Which brings me to Takuya's vocals. There are moments when I found myself having trouble clicking with certain songs because I had trouble liking his poppy vocal performance. I can't tell if this because of his vocal technique, or because it goes back to my original complaint about sounding too overproduced.

Anyway like I said, I ended up enjoying this album. I give it a 7.8/10

I'll just throw this out there and ask if any other Uver fans can recommend another good album by them?

Some albums you should try that I loved were PROGLUTION, LAST (2010,recent album before this album) and Awakeve.

If you don't really like his poppy vocal performances, LAST is an album that has less of that and his voice is truly amazing. The song world LOST world has an intro by Takuya's voice that sounds amazing.

Sign in to follow this