Sign in to follow this  
X-Marc

Gackt new single

Gackt's new single (his 39th) will be released on 2011/07/06

title is yet to be announced

it will come in two types

regular (1200 yen) and limited edition (1800 yen), with limited edition having a dvd.

personally i cant wait=)

Over the years, this man has become the equivalent of one big yawn for me, but kinda mildly interested.

(I hope it's nothing like his last single)

I'll always have a spot in my heart for Gackt because I was introduced to visual kei by Malice Mizer during his era as the singer and that's when I fell in love with japanese music.

From homepage:

GACKT 39th New Single??リリース??決定????????。

2011年7月13日発売(タイトル未定)

????回??定盤】

CD+DVD YICQ-10082/B ¥1,890

??通常盤】

CD YICQ-10083 ¥1,260

So it's actually the 13th?

mm my cdjapan newsletter said 7th...maybe it will be corrected later on the cdjapan site

i believe gackts site more then cdjapanXD

I've been pretty much completely out of the Gackt loop because everything after that 10 year anniversary thing with a different single every week was the last good thing I remember him doing. I got totally bored with all that other shit afterwards. I'm really hoping this blows me away because he is so talented and can do such amazing things.

Hope it's better than EVER or whatever it was called, I can't even remember how that song sounds like. I'd be satisfied with something as good as the Lost Angels single (or even Setsugekka/ZAN).

I like Gackt, don't get me wrong, but I just wish he'd release a decent album for once and not just more so-so singles. I don't even think Reborn should count as an original album - more like another compilation.

Edit: Fix'd

Single title is Episode.0. The interesting thing is that both songs on it were originally composed by fans for the GACKPOID (vocaloid software), and these two were chosen to be rerecorded by GACKT. The cover art will be done by Miura Kentarou (Berserk mangaka) by the way.

Tracklist:

01. Episode.0 (music/lyrics: mathru (kanimisoP)

02. Paranoid Doll (music/lyrics: natsu (SLC Project)

03. Episode.0 (Instrumental)

04. Paranoid Doll (Instrumental)

Original vocaloid versions:

/

...well...interesting concept. xD

Interesting... It's really too early to tell still if I have sincere hope for this single. I'd need a PV preview or something to judge.

Also, I think you meant Reborn and not Rebirth. Rebirth was actually an acceptable album. Reborn would be too if everything on it wasn't released on the singles beforehand. But still, yeah....^__^

Yeah, I did, my bad. I always get them two confused. And agreed, Rebirth was ten times more acceptable. Reborn was like the rip-off of the century what with that huge single promotion streak he went on.

The fuckkkkk, Gackt. I was hoping for more original material (and by original I mean self-compositions). :( I'm disappoint.

interesting.

i enjoyed some vocaloid,

but i wonder how a song that coming from a vocaloid track

will turns out to be like?

Will Gackt will abuse the auto tunes?

Or will he actually sing like he usually do?

so much questions, and yet still need to wait for any preview

or for the single to be released.

Sign in to follow this