Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

boogieman- Howling + Monopolize

Since this two consecutive singles have the same estructure and concept I opened a thread for both of them.

I will write a coment with my thoughts on the eight songs performed in the singles later. To be honest I am more interested on people's opinions.

I'll go fast.

Howling > Gets some time to get used to it. Nice guitar interaction and solo. Catchy chorus. Liked it, but not a killer track. 6/10

コケイン > one of their best songs, really epic, vocals work surprisingly well on this one. 9/10

DECOY > nice trolling. Quite a bleh track, but at least more interesting than assembler. imo. 3/10

New World feat. Shu > had to get used to it too, Shu changes this track a lot. 7/10

Monopolize > really weak start, but it's easy to get into and the groovy bass and electric sinths work well and create a good atmosphere. The light chorus is nice. The solo and the moments that follow it are really climatic. 7.5/10

倒錯??傘 > estrange mix of heavy daizystripper song and Nightmare Ruka-style track with boogieman sauce. Not as half as dirty as it should sound but I find it fun to listen. 8/10

DECOY#2 > their best instrumental (?) track to date imo. Really fun and varied, lots of stuff happening, quite cool, but still trolling. 5/10

d.CHILD feat Shu > really surprised with this one, Shu made me shit bricks. Like him more than Junno on this particular song, suits him really fucking well. 9/10

Nice singles overall, not mindblowing, a little disapointing in therms of direction. Hope their new mini has lots of コケイン xD

Madygrain reviewed this well so I don't really have to review. Thanks Madygrain! <3

Anyway, I really enjoy Shu in Boogieman. The old Boogieman was un-listenable for me.

These singles were the first time listening boogieman for me, but I liked Shu in Heartless previously. And this band is pretty good, COcain is really the best track but I enjoyed them all. Old boogieman's 99.9 reminds me of that movie Suicide Club XD

Madygrain reviewed this well so I don't really have to review. Thanks Madygrain! <3

Anyway, I really enjoy Shu in Boogieman. The old Boogieman was un-listenable for me.

Agree with both lines!

I am really surprised with the consensous about my review, I thought this singles would generate really different impressions since when the a sides were uploaded to YT recieved tons of negative commets about how boring they were. Even the uploader was so disapointed with the criticism that he or she erased his/her account.

About the band, being honest, I like Shu more in it little by little, but I really prefer Junno. He made the band sound really hearted and different despite is inferior technical vocal skills imo.

junno made this band so special....

but i love heartless too, but, still, boogiemans sound is so specal, shus voice is too average....

Shu's voice is average? I dunno. I like it. It's a got a nice pure clean tone to it. It's very nice on the ears but def not the greatest. I still miss heartless though. D:

Shu's voice is average? I dunno. I like it. It's a got a nice pure clean tone to it. It's very nice on the ears but def not the greatest. I still miss heartless though. D:

he has a great voicce, very listenable, but just not very special in my ears......

I agree, and though I miss Heartless too, boogieman is really surprising me so far. They're good!

Is it just only me who think that the previous vocalist is so damn better than shu O__o

I my opionion Shu sings better but Junno suits the band the best, so he's the better for this band.

So essentialy, yes I think Junno was better despite his inferior singing skills.

Is it just only me who think that the previous vocalist is so damn better than shu O__o

They were clearly more interesting with Junno, but right now, they keep the same ratio of poor to awesome tracks (smth like 5:1).

I hope new mini will have a great track or two, because this guy can sing and has great potential.

'Potential' is the best word to describe Shu. I think the rest of boogieman can exploit it since they are good musicians, but they can totally ruin the thing if they mess up with their direction.

Nope, I think it too.

For sure, Shu has a great voice and potential, but he makes boogieman's songs sound like any other random V kei band to my opinion.

I think that Junno had something very special who made boogieman as special. And that was the same in beaU and Sinners.

Shu's potential is strong enough that it makes the band interesting. These first couple singles with him sound pretty promising to me and I'm excited to see what's next.

Nope, I think it too.

For sure, Shu has a great voice and potential, but he makes boogieman's songs sound like any other random V kei band to my opinion.

I think that Junno had something very special who made boogieman as special. And that was the same in beaU and Sinners.

+1 million Plus, Junno's voice is so unique :3 Anyway, I do agree with u guys that Shu definitely has a great potential, but he is better to be in a HEAVY VK band :(

they just need to make more heavy music and get at least some certain direction.

I'd be really happy if they continued as heavy baroque/kagerou style band, his voice would fit in great.

Sign in to follow this