fitear1590

[Korean] Nemesis (네미시스)

Nemesis (네미시스)

Nemesis is a Korean rock band. Jigsaw9 originally introduced them to me in the thread where I was searching for "light, romantic VK"-type music in other countries. As of right now, this band wins. Their style is generally soft. Sometimes melancholic, but always dramatic, they have lots of orchestration and piano, which really kicks the pants off of some VK bands (Matenrou Opera comes to mind; guh, their cheesy keyboards!). They also have pleasant moments with a nice neo-classical sound or impressive guitar solos. What really separates them from their VK contemporaries is a pretty non-visual appearance and GREAT vocals, haha. Now I realize there's the exception every now and then, but VK doesn't really pride itself on technically great vocals. OMG, TETSU FROM MALICE MIZER IS SO EMOTIONAL THOUGH!

I've listened to their two albums, La Rose de Versailles (2005) and Lovesick (2009) and I highly approve of both! Both albums have one track that doesn't exactly live up to the band's sound ("Quean" and "Break Up" respectively), but the other tracks more than make up for them.

Please check this band out!

Samples from La Rose de Versailles:

Samples from Lovesick:

Don't hold your breath at least for the moment.

The reason for their current hiatus are because most of the members are doing military service at the moment.

Yeah, thanks for posting the exciting news!

Just so everyone knows, their "3rd Album Part 1" is entitled "The Piano". The tracklist is below:
01 우리는 사랑이었을까
02 Last Scene
03 엔딩 크레딧 (Ending Credit)
04 패러글라이딩 (Paragliding)
05 꿈을 꾸지 않았으면
06 악플 (Feat. EVE 김세헌)
07 오빠가 잘못했어
08 엔딩 크레딧 (Ending Credit) (Inst.)

Here's the new music video, Ending Credit:

I thought the album was really solid, but I suppose if I had any complaints, it's that they need a little more variety. I love their style, but if they put out a fourth album of similar stuff, people might start getting tired of it.

By the way, what do you guys think "3rd Album Part 2" could be? Maybe instead of "The Piano", a focus on another instrument??

Word. I'm thinking about the same thing, this band are great but they need something different to offer in their next album. Otherwise, it'll be so boring.

About the "3rd Album Part 2", i'm hoping, they will make "The Guitar" because i'm so into Ha Sebin's solo guitar

:rawk:

Here's a cover of the song "7 Years of Love":

Sounds great, like one of their own songs!

I hope they'll release something soon... I want the 3rd Album Part 2!

Here's a cover of the song "7 Years of Love":

yg8WEbeXJmQ

Sounds great, like one of their own songs!

I hope they'll release something soon... I want the 3rd Album Part 2!

Its safe to say they're still together

this was this year...

a shame I can't seem to find a better quality one bc I really love that OST

Great news!

Nemesis has announced the 2nd part of their 3rd album, "Dream."
According to Yesasia, the release date is March 8th.

01. 오후의 속삭임 
02. Dream 
03. 인어공주를 위한 소나타 
04. 애원 
05. 남겨지다 
06. 타타타 
07. Dream [inst.] 

Here's the title track:

and a live version of another track:

Sounds beautiful as always.

Finished listening to Lovesick and Piano, I pretty much agree to previous descriptions of this band but I think I would need to get really accustomed to Korean singing in a rock enviroment. It just doesn't sound as hard or edgy, instead it is smooth and strong with easy transitions to light sounding rhythms. Pretty cool band overall and unique in their own rights

What the fuck!?!?!

Their new single doesn't sound like them at all... Well, vocally, you can still tell it's Nemesis, but the music has gone a rather K-poppy direction...

Feeling very strange about this.  I wonder if there next full release will be in this style (really hope not) or if this is just a one-time thing...

Yeah...I don't really like it that much either. It's not even good K-pop, haha. Actually it reminded me of ViViD for some reason. I really do hope this is a one-time thing.