Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Would you still go to Japan?

Had a holiday to japan booked for July with a couple of friends.

Once the earthquake happened, we decided to wait it out and see what happens.

But now I'm thinking - should we cancel the whole thing and get our airfare money back? It would give us time to plan a holiday somewhere else. I don't see the situation changing much from now until July. My mind is still open to the whole situation, but my friends are basically against going...

Would you still go? Should I get my refund now or wait it out?

If you ask me, i'd still go.

Especially if you visiting Tokyo and Kyoto which mainly unharmed.

Most countries had lifted their travel warning against Japan,

so i don't see good reason to cancel it.

Yes, it is good to be aware and cautious, but what's a holiday without unexpected events?

It is also can be something engaging to be telling to anyone you know too!

You know, like being stranded in a Subway station or train cos of something or being chased by a group of Okamas or young yakuza cos unknowingly taking picture at places you shouldn't without permissions, say for instance, Kabuki cho, especially at night, or randomly meeting some popular people at malls or restaurant you're in, or have some fortune teller randomly tell you some caution which may alerted you, etc etc etc

Those things that makes a vacation really memorable, especially to you personally.

My advice is be a little adventurous !

Besides, if you cancel it now, you may have to do extra work to find and pay extra money for hotels and flights since it is now entering the high season for holidays, where most places, hotels and flights already full booked by now until Summer ends (Winters end in Aussie).

You may have to pay double or even triple for some good reasonable room that you may able to pay lower than that if you book them at least three months prior your visit. Would you mind that? You decide.

I'd still go, whoever is still complaining about radiation is retarded as hell. My friend just got a job in Japan and her family is like OMGWTFRADIATION! Telling her to stay in the US where the job market is total shit. I don't know if the job market in Japan is any better but she has a guaranteed job all lined up for her.

Nothing to be scared of. Tokyo is just as safe as the city you are in now in america (or wherever you are).

The only place i wouldnt recommend you to go to is the area just around the reactors themselves. Everywhere else is cool.

Dont let lying western "the world is going under"-news trick you. Welcome to japan!

Karaoke tonight and beer :domo:

As Chianti said, it depends on where you plan to go.

Some of my (japanese) friends in Tokyo got a hold of the level of radiations there last month, it was lower than the normal level of radiations in New York or London.

I'll myself go there to see my friends in August and September and never once wondered if I should go or not. Japan has always been a country prone to earthquakes and/or tsunamis, it's just that most of the people forget about it.

Yes. I wouldn't even doubt it at all.

One of my good friends just left on the 21st. He is going to be staying for thee months, and so far everything has gone smoothly.

Thanks for the advice guys.

All we booked was the flight. We were just about to book hotels/hostels when the earthquake happened.

My friends are thinking of Hong Kong/Macau/Singapore instead, which are places I've wanted to go to. But nowhere near as much as Japan. They've said next year to Japan instead. But I dont wanna wait anymore!

Very sucky situation...

All we booked was the flight. We were just about to book hotels/hostels when the earthquake happened.

My friends are thinking of Hong Kong/Macau/Singapore instead, which are places I've wanted to go to. But nowhere near as much as Japan. They've said next year to Japan instead. But I dont wanna wait anymore!

Very sucky situation...

Tell your friends to stop being such pussies.

Very sucky situation...

Tell your friends to stop being such pussies.

kekeke, bio, that's so blunt of you! xD

i wanted to go with my gf to Tokyo in October but she doesnt trust things, i really want to go, but not if she doesnt really want to. so we are now first going to Bejing in October and somewhere next year to Japan. First then in summer 2012 to the USA and somewhere after that to Japan

and i had exactly the same Tony, i also really want to go there and not somewhere else, but ill get there some day=p

I guys know what you feel. Very bad situation after all :(

I had a plans to travel to Japan and train my Japanese skills to pass Japanese Language Proficiency Test at Level 3, but I don't know whether will it be that possible.

Even my Japanese language teacher who usually goes to his home in Kobe every summer, has told that due to disaster he will stay in my country this year.

I guys know what you feel. Very bad situation after all :(

I had a plans to travel to Japan and train my Japanese skills to pass Japanese Language Proficiency Test at Level 3, but I don't know whether will it be that possible.

Even my Japanese language teacher who usually goes to his home in Kobe every summer, has told that due to disaster he will stay in my country this year.

That's really too bad. The situation there is totally fine as long as you don't feel like hanging out right next to the reactors. Seriously though... Kobe? That's further from the nuclear plants than Osaka and Osaka wasn't effected at all. Your teacher was really over reacting :< It doesn't help that the media made a much bigger problem out of this than it actually was.

thank god for this thread, I feel so good right now after I spent last few months looking at my fav vk guys in a "guiz please don't die >.<" way

so~ it's safe to plan my university studies in japan WOOHOOO

I'd go aswell.

I'm studying Japanese language and culture right now, so one of my next years I'll definitely spend in Japan.

Sign in to follow this