Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Bad Concert Experiences

hmmz, bad experiences... had two of them during Lowlands 2008 (iirc)

First was Anouk (A well-known rockartist in the Netherlands). She also won best live awards several times in her carreer, but the show she did back then was really abominable...

And there was The Frattellis. Not that I expected that much from them, but when you have a song as

you would think they would know how to entertain the audience with a show or something... Instead the stood stiff the whole time...

Going to a Within Temptation concert about a year after the latest I went to, to see the whole show has not changed a tiny bit. Even the setlist was nearly identical. They played one new song, that's it. I was really disappointed in WT back then and felt I went to visit "factory WT" rather than "band WT". Their new album made me like them again though.

And the other bad experience was having to leave early to catch my train because the band started like 45 minutes late. Crappy, but public transportation is very bad over here too once it gets late, so also that is to blame...

I don't bother with moshpits or trying to get as close to the stage as I can, so I'm not bothered by long haired metal dudes and screaming fangirls as much. I do hate the screaming girls when the band is playing a ballad, I mean... SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU'RE RUINING IT BITCH. But that's a general complaint and not so much a personal experience.

Two weeks ago I was seeing Miyavi in Helsinki with my friend. I had a pretty good place, in the middle near the stage. It was a pretty good concert, though there were about 4 or so teen-girls (10-14?) and one boy with them. While standing in the line outside, they ate and drank and left all the trash there, to the ground. They screamed and laughed very loudly, such a public disturbance. When the doors opened, I was unlucky enough to get next to them in the hall. They were so noisy during the gig, typical rabid fangirls, one of them screamed straight against my right ear all the time. She tried to push me away, but I hit her with my elbow and she stopped. And during Miyavi was giving a speech about the recent tsunami and earthquakes in Japan, they were talking loudly with each other. After the speech and Gravity, there was an energetic song at some point and they started to push and jump on me again. Everytime they got on my feet/hit me, I hit them with my elbow again. Then they stopped for good and rest of the gig went nicely. Thank god I was wise enough to wear my military boots... My friend was wearing some sort of heels, and her feet were really dead after the gig.

never really had a concert be bad as a whole. Though I got hit in the head with a full waterbottle from behind once, sucked. And got knocked to the ground and covered in like 6 other people. Can't let shit like that ruin your fun though!

And at black metal concerts I always have the problem the longhaired tall men wants to stand before me. I don't know why. After I cough subtle, they look behind, see mee and ignore the fact they stand before me and I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING. xD So I move. :P

That was probably Herpes.

Herpes is all the bad guys in these stories. :spin:

Versailles was horrible.

And not because of the band, they were pretty good.

But omg, those typical German fangirls and fanboys. Before I went to Versailles I also survived An Cafe and LM.C both twice there, so I knew what to expect. But I never thought there would be idiots who would seriously strangle people just to get a little bit closer to the stage!

I've been to some gigs in Germany, I think the German audience is pretty cool compared to the Swiss and/or French fans.

I never had any really bad experiences, but it might be because I'm pretty small and most of the time people tend to protect me from mosh pits/other dangerous things that might happen.

I've been to some bad lives : a lot of indies bands in Tokyo, Girugamesh (that was probably the worst live I've ever been too, and that's probably what the guests thought too), one of Kozi's live (not because of him but because of the shitty acoustics).

But something that I have a hard time dealing with is the way Japanese audience deals with other fans in small venues, especially not well-known bands. I've almost never seen anyone that mean. And bullshitting about having assigned first rank "seats" to each other on a random website that no one knows when there are not even numbers on the tickets.

Versailles was horrible.

And not because of the band, they were pretty good.

But omg, those typical German fangirls and fanboys. Before I went to Versailles I also survived An Cafe and LM.C both twice there, so I knew what to expect. But I never thought there would be idiots who would seriously strangle people just to get a little bit closer to the stage!

I've been to some gigs in Germany, I think the German audience is pretty cool compared to the Swiss and/or French fans.

I saw Versailles in Cologne last year and the audience seemed fine. Then again we arrived kinda late and didn't bother to make our way to the front but rather stayed in the middle of the audience, so maybe we missed the most fanatic people. I've seen rougher crowds at non-j-rock concerts though.

My only grievance with the gig was that it was incredibly HOT that day and the concert venue was even hotter than it was outside. :DUUR:

Everyone was melting.

I saw Versailles in Cologne last year and the audience seemed fine. Then again we arrived kinda late and didn't bother to make our way to the front but rather stayed in the middle of the audience, so maybe we missed the most fanatic people. I've seen rougher crowds at non-j-rock concerts though.

My only grievance with the gig was that it was incredibly HOT that day and the concert venue was even hotter than it was outside. :DUUR:

Everyone was melting.

Now I know who that creepy woman was who was almost ninja-ing me in the neck :lol: Couldn't have been you then, I was closer to the stage than you were, judging from your post. I was at the same gig! And I must agree when I came out my hair, my top and my pants were all covered in sweat, I was soaked and couldn't wait to take a shower back home. Still had to drive for an hour and a half or so :/

yeah I think it depended on where you were standing during that concert, we probably had just bad luck because of a few idiots standing just behind us. the concert was a lot more fun when the security finally removed them during the encore.

(and I brought up An Cafe and LM.C because those are bands who also had some weird people in the audience. that´s the only thing they have in common with Versailles xD)

I haven´t been to their concert in Amsterdam, but yeah I also heard that the audience there was annoying.. hmm, I always thought concerts in the Netherlands were pretty normal ><

Heard from Des. that there were people who were grabbing Hizaki's guitar while he was trying to play it :/ Guy missed notes half of his notes due to that :/ That went waaaay too far in my opinion.

^Btw I saw you at that gig 8D I spy on youuuu

Sign in to follow this