Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

Need a new mp3 player

I figured asking on a music forum would be a good idea (although I know there's also a lingering fear since these always turn into touchy debates, just like if I were to make this a facebook status since I go to an IT school). Here's my personal requirements:

-80+ gigs plus of storage

-not touch screen

-idgaf if it can use the internet, take videos, make pizza, and give me a stranger, I'm only using this to listen to music

-I don't really have a company loyalty complex, although I have been using iPods for years mostly because that's just what I'm used to using.

~DRAMATIC STORY~

The right channel of my 120 gig iPod's audio jack broke :[ . It can still play music, just in one ear and only at 50% efficiency at that. Since I didn't pay for the $75 warranty, I had to get a "fixed" one for $150 or so, or buy a new one for $275. Me @ Steve Jobs: :lol: Now I've been stuck using my 8gig one and changing what's on it every few days. I still use my big one, but more as an external hard drive for music than anything else...not like it can do much else other than be a light-up paper weight.

I was considering getting a refurbished one, but I figured I should shop around a bit and get opinions on other brands. I'm keeping a used piece of hardware as an option, but I'm afraid of that breaking as well : / .

Your thoughts, MH?

Anythingbutipod is a good place to check/ask. But there seems to be only touchscreens with that capacity other than an ipod classic. I think that for your needs that you should just get another ipod classic since it is what you know and what you want.

Maybe you would be interested with Creative Zen?

They have so many variants, touch screen and non touch screen,

even glow in the dark one.

And it's compatible with MP3, Windows and WMA,

so don't have to deal with anything Apple anymore.

and from this disscusions, it seems that Zen are also support last.fm scrobbling.

Though with a little bit more efforts than iPod.

Zens are good for space, but they are more easily broken. I remember an ex-friend having one that broke fatally twice in half a year. I had my iPod Nano 8GB (which I bought in 2008) for about 1,5 years then and it was still fine :/ though maybe it was because she kept flinging it around on the earplug chord :/ I'm kind of careful when it comes to MP3-players. I have an iPod Touch 32 GB right now and I'm happy. Though if I were you I'd go with another iPod Classic 120 GB. But Apple is most definitely going on the Touch way right now, so about everything in the future will feature Touch Screen. But if you really don't want a touch screen you could have a look at Philips MP3-players, they have some good quality in there.

Always been a zen-creative fan and have used it since long a go. they are pretty good in sound. Plus each time they keep improving more and more on adding new features which is good. Now im planning to get the new one Zen touch 2. The only downside is the space. New ones always come with up to 16gb. After a new version is released the 32gb of the previous one is released. Tho i do not need much massive storage plus i do use a micro sd card for only videos so my player has more memory itself for music only and pics. Now apps have been added to this one and camera as well. Planning to get the new one later on this month. I do enjoy changing my mp3 every time, i do so when new zen is released LOL!

Sign in to follow this