Sign in to follow this  
Furik

Ai tired of DEATHGAZE?

http://new.bbs.2ch2.net/test/read.cgi/v ... /1101-1200

There's a lot of rumors going around ever since Ai posted a blog regarding being tired and worn out.

Someone last.fm posted a simple translation: "Where can you find comfort and hope when you are mentally worn out and can no longer move forward?"

I posted the original link above.

It's probably nothing serious, just him venting but it's up for speculation and if anyone could do a real translation, that would be cool.

It wasn't translated, the post was originally in English, along with these ???? posts, also in English:

"negativeemotionassociatedwithphysicalpain"

"hatetheideaoflife"

It's pretty obvious something is up considering there hasn't been a word of news and their tour is up next month. As someone else already noted on tanuki, most bands have tour dates up until June by now. To be quite honest, they need a hiatus. Ai is clearly showing signs of severe depression and needs to get himself help. What is ailing him probably has nothing to do with the band. Considering that at 31 years old he is ancient by VK standards, my guess is it has more to do with job or family issues.

I don't believe personally he's tired of DEATHGAZE. The rest of the members would have said something by now if there was any indication that they might be due disbandment, but for the most part they're being supportive of Ai.

I mean, DEATHGAZE is Ai's baby. He's worked his butt off for this band for years, through every disaster, he's been striving to keep DEATHGAZE alive. I doubt he would give it up so thoughtlessly (ie: deleting his blog with no warning and only explaining why afterwards). I think the best thing for fans to do is to wish him well and leave him be. He doesn't seem like the sort of person who wants everyone to worry about him.

It really sounds more like he's trying to sort some personal problems out, like he's weary, depressed, and needs to relax.

Here's to hoping disbandment isn't the outcome of this.

Apparently he broke his leg? No idea if that has anything to do with it, since those are pretty serious things to say for something so simple...

I don't think he'll leave DEATHGAZE, worked too hard to keep it together. It would've been pretty crappy if it happened though...

^ Actually, Japanese fans would mind. Those girls can be pretty vicious when it comes to their favourite band. No one's safe, not even the members. This happened to Vidoll too, since they went on hiatus due to Jui's voice problems and further surgery. Jui got alot of angry messages in his blog blaiming him for the hiatus and telling he should have taken care of himself so that this wouldn't have happened.

Living in a western culture makes that seem like over heating, but it's actually pretty common there.

^ yea, that kind of fans in Japanese culture are called yarakashi.

This term describes agressive fans who have bad manners on the internet, concerts and threaten lives to band members, rival band members and even to fellow fans if they think they are annoying or simply because they don't like some fans.

They'll go as far as bringing knives to demonstrate their support.

anyway, we all know how bad Ai was trying to keep this band together for years.

So i am quite skeptical if he will disband the DEATHGAZE for any reason there is.

perhaps some hiatus will suffice better.

^ yea, that kind of fans in Japanese culture are called yarakashi.

This term describes agressive fans who have bad manners on the internet, concerts and threaten lives to band members, rival band members and even to fellow fans if they think they are annoying or simply because they don't like some fans.

They'll go as far as bringing knives to demonstrate their support.

You think you know everything and every day someone tells you something new. Cool.

But I think even the normal fans are a lot more critical than their western soulsisters/brothers. They easily judge the artists because they can assume their idol is perfect and if he's not they can critisize it.

I agree with what SUBLIMINAL said. I doubt that Ai's the type to just give up on the band just like that. He's been doing so much for DEATHGAZE for years, and I don't think any personal problems would make him give up on the other band members. I just hope that he's fine and whatever trouble it is that he's having, he should focus on solving it. I also agree that they should take a break, they've been working too hard lately, and Ai obviously needs to rest. I don't want to see my favorite musicians suffer and wear themselves out like this.

idk. not let your guard loose i think.

this upcoming release might have been planned before ai blogged about his condition.

i guess we can be a little relieve if they have released 2-3 more singles to validate they are not going anywhere.

^ Exactly. It's not probable. Besides, with all the problems that the band has had in the past few years, he still managed to keep it going strong. I highly doubt he'll let all his efforts go to waste now.

Sign in to follow this