Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

10 Movies You Wish You Could Unsee

I think back on the literally thousands of films I’ve probably seen, and the sad truth is, only a small minority of been truly great. A few more have been good. A solid number have been decent, or at least watchable. And most of them have been absolute shit.

But this is not about those movies. There exists a small corner in the back of my brain where the terrible lies. The images from films that left me trembling and haunted and that I almost regret seeing. Movies that will make you cringe and shiver. Not because they’re scary (though sometimes they are), or because they’re gross (though they can be that too), but because they just affected me. That corner of my brain is reserved for the things that I’ve tried to slam the door on and melt the key into slag. The sights I simply want out of my head.

Here are some of the movies that I wish I could scrub from my brain. Sometimes it’s not even the whole movie, but a single scene or image that will stay with you, blotting out the rest of it. There are just certain scenes that I’ve always regretted sitting through — I particularly have a problem watching rape scenes, but there are other kinds of scenes that have disturbed or unnerved me so much that I just want them gone from my memories. Regardless of how good the film may be, the damage from that scene is done, seared into your hippocampus, and sometimes, late at night, you’ll find yourself trapped with them all over again.

To borrow a phrase from “MST3K,?? they are nightmare fuel. These are the ones that I wish I could unsee.

Irreversible (2002, directed by Gaspar Noé)

irreversible_l.jpg

Calvaire (2004, directed by Fabrice Du Welz

004820-thumb-400x161-11708.jpg

Martyrs (2008, directed by Pascal Laugier)

still-from-martyrs-thumb-400x269-11710.jpg

Last House on the Left (1972, directed by Wes Craven)

last+house+73+still-thumb-400x214-11711.png

Antichrist (2009, directed by Lars Von Trier)

antichrist-1-thumb-400x254-11713.jpg

Requiem for a Dream (2000, directed by Darren Aronofsky)

2009requiemdarren.jpg

I Spit on Your Grave / Day of the Woman (1978, directed by Meir Zarchi)

spitonyourgrave.jpg

Cannibal Holocaust (1980, directed by Ruggero Deodato)

Cannibal_Holocaustwide-thumb-400x201-11716.jpg

Ichi the Killer (2001, directed by Takashi Miike)

ichithekiller3-thumb-400x225-11718.jpg

Norbit (2007, directed by Brian Robbins)

Norbit-movie-01-thumb-400x585-11720.jpg

Taken that from some movie website that have the same thoughts as me.

Will put credits when i remember the URL

Now, what do you think? and what's yours?

discuss.

LOL I loved Ichi and Martyrs (and there are a couple of movies on that list I'd like to see xD).

I can't think of anything right now...maybe the American Ju-On or Tale of Two Sisters remakes. But those weren't so terrible to make me want to "unsee" them, I just simply don't want to watch them again. XD

10 Movies I Wish I Could Unsee:

1. Twilight (my cousin made me watch it with her. I felt my brain ooze out of my ears)

2. Frozen (so stupid)

3. Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The hood

4. The entire Scary Movie franchise.

5. Rob Zombie's Halloween II.

6. Jennifer's Body

7. The Hangover (The most un-funny "comedy" ever.)

8. Iron Man

9. The Harry Potter movies from Prisoner of Azkaban and on.

10. The House Bunny

I don't get this list at all.

Martyrs was decent and entertaining enough

Antichrist was typical Von Trier (= amazing)

Requiem for a Dream is damn good

I Spit on Your Grave / Day of the Woman is good

Cannibal Holocaust is amazing, Ichi the Killer is amazing.

And from the list above me: Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The hood. What a great movie this is!

The only movies I wish I had never seen is:

1. Never Let Me Go

2. Hamlet (1990, 1948 and 1996)

3. Get Rich or Die Tryin'

4. Twilight

I am happy I saw the rest of what I have seen, even those I didn't like at all.

don't get me wrong, guys

i LOVE all of these listed flicks

but as i said on writer notes, it is NOT about lame movies, but i wish i could unsee sometimes because of particular scenes that i wish i could unsee because it's either too heart wrenching or too scary.

like rape scenes on irreversible, i wish i could unsee that just because it's changes my life now after seeing it. it was a brutal rape scenes, i don't have the heart to have it memorized and keeps coming back at some point when i am alone and stuffs.

The same with another movies i listed.

Requiem and ichi are great movies. Cannibal Holocaust is disgusting and I felt nauseated throughout the whole movie, but it didn't stick with me for more than a week, so whatever, I'll just never watch it again. Norbit I do wish I could unsee... actually wish it was never made. The others I've never seen so I'll have to check those out.

The Exorcist scarred me in many, many ways. I had seen it as a child(6 or 7) at a friend's(who had a crazy mother) house and barely payed attention so I wasn't scared at all. When I was 11 they released a directors cut and my aunt and cousins were going. My mom was deeply disturbed by the movie when it first came out and didn't want to let me go, but I begged and complained and she eventually caved in. The face of the "devil" that appears throughout the movie haunted me for almost a year and every time I would close my eyes to sleep I would see that face. I'm still terrified by that face ten years later.

Cannibal Holocaust that fucking scene where this couple have sex on top of the ashes of people who were burnt alive.

None. One scene in Serbian Film affected me quite a bit for a while, but it still wasn't that bad.

WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF?! OR WHAT ARE YOU!?

Have to agree with Disposable, except for the fact that I did not have any problems with anything in the movie. Good stuff!

Most movies don't have any scenes that I wish I could unsee. 'Sept for About Schmidt when Kathy Bates is nude in a hottub, shit was nasty as hell.

10 Movies I Wish I Could Unsee:

7. The Hangover (The most un-funny "comedy" ever.)

Maiku, I didn't know anyone else agreed with me! You're the only other person I've encountered that doesn't praise this film to the high heavens! God bless you, chil'!!

But seriously, can't stand Bradley Cooper. Get out.

Also, pertaining to the list. I don't necessarily want to "unsee" Antichrist as a whole, but watching Charlotte Gainsbourg snip her... "goods" was pretty excessive.

Fitear wins love from Maiku~! :'D <3

Ahahaha. Antichrist was so epic. xD I love that movie. I do cover my crouch when she smashes Willam Dafoe's peep with a log. xD And then what she does after that. Holy fuck. xD

i haven't see The Hangover, i kinda lose my mood after looking at the poster xD

is it that bad/funny?

oh btw i missed Excorcist, man, that's the creepiest Western horror ever.

also, this movie,

The Untold Story // 八仙飯店之人肉??燒包 (1993, Directed by: Herman Yau)

5r7sp.jpg

Makes me think twice to eat Chinese pork buns for few weeks.

The Hangover is just boring. I expected a hilarious movie, but got a movie with one decent scene. Just, boring.

I think you've got The Excorcist mixed up with some other movie, unless there's several movies with that name?

That may be the case, hence my question at the end there.

But did he/she mean western as in cowboys or western as in a movie from the west? Not knowing english too well tends to make me confused. :oshi:

And to clear things up a little. I thought he/she meant western/horror as in a mix between those genres. But I see now that I was mistaken. Sorry, people.

So, are the movies in the first post listed because of the gruesome factor or because they're actually considered to be bad movies? Because I liked most of them. But then I am a fan of gore/horror/b-movies, so... Ichi the Killer and Irreversible were awesome films.

The only film I wish I could unsee is Twilight.

And the Sex and the City movies.

And the Guinea Pig series of films.

Hostel because it's just horrific and takes itself too seriously.

And a film I can't recall the name of, but it was a gore/splatter film directed by a Canadian(?) about a guy who sought revenge on everyone who put him in prison (which they chose to do instead of killing him, I think, can't remember). I hated it just because it was so terrible and there was baby/animal death in it.

So, are the movies in the first post listed because of the gruesome factor or because they're actually considered to be bad movies? Because I liked most of them. But then I am a fan of gore/horror/b-movies, so... Ichi the Killer and Irreversible were awesome films.

Well i have mentioned that, it's not about it's lame, crappy.

Cos if that the case, i'll surely submit Twilight as well.

And i love all these films listed, as the whole package.

It's just some scenes, some scenes that personally affected me.

Let's quote the quote.

But this is not about those movies. There exists a small corner in the back of my brain where the terrible lies. The images from films that left me trembling and haunted and that I almost regret seeing. Movies that will make you cringe and shiver. Not because they’re scary (though sometimes they are), or because they’re gross (though they can be that too), but because they just affected me. That corner of my brain is reserved for the things that I’ve tried to slam the door on and melt the key into slag. The sights I simply want out of my head.

Ah, I missed that part! I understand now. I thought it might be because of the content of the movies, a lot of people who cringe at or feel sick because of these movies end up hating them because of it and calling them "bad."

Requiem for a Dream isn't quite as bad as some of the others, I noticed.

Again if anyone is a fan of these movies, they might want to try Meatgrinder. I thought that film was greeeeeeeeeeeat.

Hmm, I don't recall watching any movie that affected me much /:

Also, Ichi the Killer is fucking amazing. And Takashi Miike is a genius!

Sign in to follow this