Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

Dir en grey - THE MARROW OF A BONE

Dir en grey- THE MARROW OF A BONE

What did everyone think of this Dir en grey release?

Honestly I did not like it as much, I listened to it very many times, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but I don't know I'm just not really a big fan of Dir en grey like I used to be. Although seeing them play some of the songs live did affect my oponion on this!! I love "GRIEF" that and track 9 (the really long named one) and Concieved Sorrow are like the only tracks I'd listen to again.

It's the album that got me heavily into Dir, so I love it. I prefer much heavier styles of music overall, so Marrow really strikes a chord with me. I like their older v.k. stuff too, but Marrow is definitely my favorite hands down.

IMFAO this album sucked compared to their old stuff, but if their were two songs that caught my attention on this album they would definitely have to be Grief and conceived sorrow and even those songs i think needs a little work, but i guess this isn't the worst album I've ever seen, at least i can actually listen to the whole thing and not feel like i want to punch the wall as hard as i can, like i have done with some albums that have came out by different artists that just wasn't good at all.

Namame... (Track 9) will forever be probably the best song Dir en grey has came out with, IMO. But yeah, the rest of them sucked. Apart from maybe Conceived Sorrow.

DISABLED COMPLEXES causes my friends to.... get sexually excited. All but one of them, in fact.

I rather liked the CD. Not their best album in my opinion, but not their worst either.

I liked it. I'm into all kinds of music so it wasn't so bad too me. And yes I've heard their other stuff too. So far though I think I'd have to say Vulgar was my favorite album because it had that heaviness to it without sounding too American if you can understand what I mean lol. Although it's kinda a biased opinion cause Obscure's probably one of my top favorite songs from them lol jk but yeah I like MOAB

Yeah hopefully their next release won't suck. They said in an interview they're writing songs unlike anything else they've done before.

I second almost everything.

Since I liked more the acoustic bonus disc lot more than the album itself.

Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi (lols, it's there should be some kind of limit for songs name -_-')

The acoustic version is so bleeding great! It's so PAINFULL! I love the last 20 seconds, starting from the shouting part. It makes me shiver. Priceless!

I need to listen to the unplugged version again, I didn't really listen to any of those that much, but I really did like the other version a lot.

Mm, I listened to the unplugged version of Track 9, and I think I prefer the normal one to it, I don't know, the unplugged version is just too slow for me, but don't get me wrong, I love my ballads, in fact like my favorite songs are like all slow.

I like the unplugged version of The Pledge (Track 10) a little better then the original. But I agree with you on Namekashiki, I like the original one better.

Yeah hopefully their next release won't suck. They said in an interview they're writing songs unlike anything else they've done before.

Actually, all their albums are unlike everything they've done before. That's their game!

And I prefer Namamekashiki over the unppluged too, 'cause I love the spanish feeling of the song.

I thought that this album was great. When I first listened to it, it was a bit much, but after I listened to it many times over and read kyo's lyrics, I fell in love. Its not my favorite album, but it is worthy of diru. Contrary to popular belief, kyo does sing in this album, and if you listen closely, you will catch all his noises and grumbling that makes him so endearing. The music is awesome as well! I can really catch a lot of foreign influences like in Grief and ??????????????. It sounds mediterranean and sometimes even middle eastern.

My favorites:

AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS

GRIEF

THE DEEPER VILENESS

CONCIEVED SORROW

THE PLEDGE

CLEVER SLEAZOID

I can't wait to hear what diru comes out with next!

IMFAO this album sucked compared to their old stuff, but if their were two songs that caught my attention on this album they would definitely have to be Grief and conceived sorrow and even those songs i think needs a little work, but i guess this isn't the worst album I've ever seen, at least i can actually listen to the whole thing and not feel like i want to punch the wall as hard as i can, like i have done with some albums that have came out by different artists that just wasn't good at all.

Probably took the words right out of my mouth.

this album was labeled FAILED in my book. i only liked CONCEIVED SORROW and Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai ni Hohoemi.

i hope they stop this nu-metal crap, they done too much of it already. i wish they do some speed metal. :(

I liked the album... I liked the harder songs, and the softer ones gave a nice calm-down session from 'em...

I think that they shouldn't have put all hard numbers and soft numbers so close together, though. ( What I mean is that they put like, 5 or 6 hard numbers after each other, and then the soft ones of the album, and the hard again ) They should've split that up more evenly..

And I don't have any problems with Diru's current sound. I like it. Even though Kyo's sometimes raping his own voice by what he's doing...

Guest o hai itz will

FLASH FORWARD 3 YEARS:

great album. It's certainly not Dir en grey's best, but it certainly was a stepping stone for things to come (Uroboros). A lot of the tracks, though far from perfect, seem to fit well with the very strong and powerful aggression that the band was trying to convey. This album was written on the road, and it shows. It's very simple, straight to the point, and powerful. Though far from their best, it's easily a

7/10

Oh well I feel like doing a song-to-song review. I'm bored enough to. So lets start this shit.

Conceived Sorrow - laut.de once wrote "good work fooling us with a ballad to begin the album". I'd just say good work fooling us with a good song. 9/10

Lie Buried With A Vengeance -  Actually not that bad, it's just that cheap, muddy flat production that sucks all of the impact out of the song. The spicy guitar riffs, everything. Live it's actually a killer. 5/10

The Fatal Believer - Just no. This song has nothing to it. Utterly stupid and useless. 1/10

Agitated Screams Of Maggots - I love it. Thrashy, brutal, fast and haunting guitars with Kyo screaming like a maniac. The best "brutal" song they ever made. 10/10

Grief - And there goes the euphory. Alright, we're back at zero. Nothing more to say to this mess. There's not even a way to describe it. 0/10

Ryoujoku No Ame - To say the least, the single version was actually pretty good to listen to, and live it's also not a bad song. But with this cheap, super-dry production it just sounds like shit. Plus Kyo's  annoying high vocals, whose double-layers were also removed during the chorus. Unbearable. 3/10

Disabled Complexes - With the funky ground tone this actually had potential, but overall it ended up being to flat and too much concentrating on the switch in the middle from soft to brutal. And the "Psycho Kirraa" Kyo screams at the end is.. killing my nerves. 4/10

Rotting Root - After all, a good song again. Extremely grooving guitars, and it's actually one of the less songs i voluntarily put into playlists. But what's that "fucking sandal" Kyo screams all the time? I know it's actually different, but it's one of these instances where I just can't honor Kyo's efforts to throw in english. It's pointless, no one understands a word, it's all GGRRRWAARRWWAAAARRRWAAA like "Garbage" on WtD used to be. 7/10

艶かしき安息,躊躇いに微笑み - A good, calm ballad with mostly acoustic guitars feels almost out of place in an album such as this. At the end it even has a psychotic climax, who would've thought. Nonetheless I can't disagree with the majority of fans taking this as their favourite TMOAB-Song. It's really good. 8/10

The Pledge - When I first went through the album, apart from the fact that I absolutely could not tell without looking when songs actually switched, this was the only song that stuck in my head, mostly for Kyo's vocal line during the chorus. A good powerful ballad. 8/10

Repetition Of Hatred - Stomping, heavy, and a sickass guitar solo finishing. Absolutely cool. 9/10

The Deeper Vileness - Well well, some GRRAAWWARWWWAARWWWAAARWWAAAKKJJAKJJAAKJAAAA again. Despite from the horror english, this song is not that bad. It has a haunting heavy riff leading to the chorus and an utter hateful atmosphere. The production, like in LBWAV before, takes most of it though. 7/10

Clever Sleazoid - To make it short, the remake is as stupid and useless as the single version. Kyo's english is..what?.. Right, HORRIBLE. No, you don't listen to a guy struggling with a clump of hot tomatoes in his mouth, that's Kyo, speaking english! The riffs are uninspired, the production is cheap and flat, the song, except for that little shining guitar break before the last part, goes nowhere. It seems, like many others in this album, to be made simply to sound the most brutal way possible. Which..well kinda worked. It sounds brutally awkward. 2/10

Sign in to follow this