Neon

Last movie you saw.

Sunset Boulevard - Nice little oldie. Reminded me a lot of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, the theme was similar. Nice dramatic music too!

The Raid 2 - The fights were amazing as expected but some of the dialogue parts were unnecessarily long. The first movie didn't have that problem because it was pretty much non-stop action. Ryuhei Matsuda's character was useless but he's probably going to have a bigger role in the third movie. 9/10

I Wake Up Screaming - An okay '40s film-noir / crime flick with some nice little surprises to always keep you interested. Nice characters too.

OLDBOY with CAT5 |D

It was twisted in so many ways but... none the less a good movie.

Sunset Boulevard - Nice little oldie. Reminded me a lot of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, the theme was similar. Nice dramatic music too!

It's almost impossible to find any words at all to describe the greatness of Sunset Boulevard. I don't believe there's any words great or strong enough. Masterpiece! I should rewatch it sometime. Long time since I last saw it.

Possible spoilers in the Godzilla review:

Godzilla (2014) - I finally got around to watch this at the cinema, and I was positivly surprised, without that making this a very good or impressive film, because it isn't... at all. Just to make it simple:

The positives: Bryan Cranston was great, and the MUTO's looked good, though they should have had more originality to them. They didn't stand out much and could easily have been used in other films than Godzilla without anyone noticing. A bit bland, though cool enough. Lots of great action, good soundtrack and the parachute-scene was immense. By far the most memorable scene in the film, and possible the only really memorable scene in the film. And that makes me want to jump straight to the negatives.

The negatives: It is a Godzilla film, and the parachute-scene is the most/only memorable scene in the film. That's not positive at all. I kinda knew what Godzilla looked like from all the promo pictures, and I thought he looked too nice and shit. Well, he didn't look as nice in the film as on the pictures, but he was way fatter, stupider, uglier and boring than on the pictures. Godzilla just looks awful in this film. They also show way too much of Godzilla early on in the film, which is quite devestating to me. It ruins so much of the film for me. The monsters fights weren't powerful enough. They lacked punch, power and badassness. Aaron Taylor-Johnson isn't impressive to anyone except for idiots and mongoloids. I really liked him in Kick-Ass, but here he's out of place and he looks so uninspired. Awful casting. And of course, the script just isn't very good. The dialogue is bland and boring, the characters are uninteresting at best (except for the one played by Bryan Cranston which is decent, but he doesn't last long, does he?) and the whole family drama is awfully weak. You don't need good characters in a film like this, but the problem is that they've put so much focus on the humans and the drama around them, which doesn't work at all and they don't have anything else to rely on because the monsters and their fight isn't good enough to make you forget about the characters. I've got no idea why they put so much focus on the characters when it's so obvious that they haven't worked much on them to behind with. And the film should've been darker.

Decent film on a good day (6/10, probably 5/10 on a regular day for me), and I was entertained a bit. But it just isn't anything at all on the Godzilla-scale. It's weak, bland and obviouslly made only to cash in on teenagers and mongers.

Also, a huge fucking Wolverine-fist in the face of all the considering mentioning this in the same breath as Gojira, Mothra Vs Godzilla, King Kong vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah and many more. You're awful.

I saw this in Oslo, and it ws a shocking experiense. The Norwegian people lacks class, common decency and respect towards other human beings. Noisy cunts, most of them. I paid almost 20USD (I paid for my girlfriend as well, so 40USD is more like it) and I had to tell people to stay fucking quiet during the film, and I was the only one with the balls to tell them to husj and shut the fuck up. Jesus. Parents bring their kids to the cinema, but when the kids are talking and making noise they don't say or do jack shit at all. Provoking stuff. A fist in the face of the parents, as well as all other talkers. Fuck you all! Let me also add that the cinema doesn't look very ncie when people have left. The majority doesn't clean after them or bring the trash out of the cinema. Awful.

World War Z - Decent action-adventure with horror elements. This isn't a very good film, but it's decent entertainment for what it is. If you want a horror film or a good film, you might as well just look somewhere else because this ain't either of those. I watched the directors cut, and after checking pictures of the changes I'm glad I did. Not too many scenes added, but lots of gore and violence, as well as a few scenes to add more suspense to the film. You can see the differences here: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=594947 worth checking out, especially the theatrical VS directors cut pictures. The blood makes a difference.

So yeah, decent film.

Carrie - The original of course. Deserved a rewatch again. A film that keeps geting better and better with each watch. The atmosphere is powerful, the characters are good and interesting and the soundtrack is top notch. The mom is amazing. Such a scary creature, and that prom scene is amazing. Sends chills down my spine. Masterpiece!

Transformers Age of Extinction

My gosh, the pacing was awful and tedious. A movie that forces me to look at the clock more than 3 times is a sign that these scenes need to get a move on. Way too much time was spent on the intro with the human protagonists which I care sooooo less for. Pacing issues aside, I thought the movie would be much better than Goof Labeouf ones by having a mature adult character who's actually useful. While Marky Mark certainly plays a more useful role, the stereotypes of an overprotective father is unavoidable as well as other annoying stereotypical side characters. The daughter was useless most of the time even though she's pretty damn hot. Her boyfriend didn't act like a boyfriend half the times, so something tells me it was either bad acting or just lusted for her. Some action scenes were nice, others were hilarious and nonsensical as it rehashes the same sequences from the previous films but ultimately, too long near the end. The random explosions happening one after another made me burst out on laughter. How does a transformer crashing into a truck cargo full of wooden blocks explode or when Optimus Prime breaks out of the barn exploding his way out when there's nothing explodable? Oh Michael Bay...

Another amusing moment was when Chicago gets attacked AGAIN. The attack in Chicago from the previous movie was like a 9/11 remembrance in this one. Getting into the plot, it was understandable why the government dislikes having transformers on earth but when CIA agents are trying to kill off other humans who's assisting autobots in order to "protect humanity", it became such an illogical mess that I stopped caring. So much time was focused on the humans that I wondered if I was really watching a Transformers movie or some generic action movie. After all this time, why did they make Bumblebee unable to talk again? The ending of the movie is a rinse and repeat of ALL the previous ones with its narrative, "My name is Optimus Prime, and we autobots blah blah blah." Overall, it's below average. Better than Transformers 2, slightly less enjoyable than 3.

Deliver Us From Evil - It was directed by the same dude who did Sinister, that is all you need to know. If you liked that you will prolly enjoy this one too. I thought it was extremely predictable, irritating at places (no less because of those faint moments where it was actually good... why couldn't they put that kinda stuff throughout the whole movie??). They tried to somehow mash up exorcism horror with cop thriller, props for that, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth. Just the usual modern horror flick with the usual shortcomings (didn't we have enough of the jump scares over this past decade already??).

Both me and my girl are looking very much forward to Deliver Us From Evil. The first half of Sinister showed glimpses of genius from Scott Derrickson, but the second half was poorly executed and ruined the whole film. But the first half really gave me great hope for Scott Derrickson.

Zodiac - Rewatched this today and it's still a damn good film. Very atmospheric and nice film, despite its few falts. But none are big, and all in all it's a very exciting thriller.

The Avengers - Very positivly surprised, and a bit impressed actually. The two first Iron Man films are awful (not seen the third), but ron Man actually works really well here. Good one lines, huge personality and just damn good. Thor works good enough, but I think his personality is a big weak here. Should've had a bigger personlity. Captain America, which I thought would be and look awful, was damn fucking cool. Excecuted perfectly! Him and Iron Man almost made this film on their own.

Hulk was decent when being Dr. Bruce Banner, but Hulk looked as awful and retarded here as in The Incredible Hulk. SHame, because Hulk is such an awesome character.

Black Widow was really bad, but I don't think that's because of the character, because the character itself is awesome, and was so here. I think the main reason for it failing here was because of Scarlett Johansson's very punchable face. Really dislike her.

Hawkeye was a pussy. Weakling. Kinda awkward character here.

Loki was boring.

And the Chitauri looked like some awful shit from a bad The Asylum film. And that says it all.

But Captain America and Iron Man worked so well here that the whole film worked out. I was impressed by this. I need to check out the two Captain America films, Thor films and maybe give the Iron Man films a new chance.

12 Angry Men - This is hands down one of the best dramas ever. 93 of the films 95 minutes happens in the same room, with the same 12 faces talking and discussing a murder case. You might not get excited by that, but if you haven't seen it you should do yourself a favor and check it out. It's actually interesting enough that it's sniffin on a 10/10. It's that incredibly good. The dialogue, characters, acting and direction is top fucking notch. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Classy film.

Anatomy of a Murder - Unlike 12 Angry Men this ain't a jury film, but a courtroom film with the always impressive James Stewart (Vertigo), Lee Remick (The Omen), George C. Scott (Dr. Strangelove) and many other great actors. Anatomy of a Murder is a crimedrama that follows a lawyer, and it follows him though all the boring work a lawyer spends the most time doing; research. But despite this, they manage to keep it interesting through the whole film. Again, the dialogue, characters, acting and direction are top notch. Classy film.

Witness for the Prosecution - Another courtroom film, but this uses a lot of humour as well. Through the first 3/4's of the film it's not even close to reaching the greatness of 12 Angry Men or Anatomy of a Murder, but there's one thing about this film that makes it almost as good.

The ending, man. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! It's an insane ending that's nothing short of brilliant. Genius is the only word to describe it really.[spoiler/]

I don't have high standards at all to be fair, but it just didn't grab my attention. I wasn't entertained by it. It kinda reminds me of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Returns, which both shares the same problems as Iron Man to me. Can't stand any of 'em. I can see someone running around in Iron Man and Batman suits, but I don't get any Iron Man or Batman feeling from them. This doesn't necessary mean that it's bad, though. But it doesn't help. I like Judge Dredd with sly, but as soon as Sly takes off his helmet it doesn't feel like Judge Dredd anymore. If he had kept it on it would've been an even better film, because it would've given away a Judge Dredd feeling. Not a very good film, though. But nostalgia keeps me attrackted to it.

I'll also add that I am a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan. Love him, but he didn't do much for me in Iron Man. Just like I love Christian Bale, but he didn't do it for me in the last two Batman films.

World War Z - Decent action-adventure with horror elements. This isn't a very good film, but it's decent entertainment for what it is. If you want a horror film or a good film, you might as well just look somewhere else because this ain't either of those. I watched the directors cut, and after checking pictures of the changes I'm glad I did. Not too many scenes added, but lots of gore and violence, as well as a few scenes to add more suspense to the film. You can see the differences here: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=594947 worth checking out, especially the theatrical VS directors cut pictures. The blood makes a difference.

So yeah, decent film.

lol I watched this with dorasuteika the other day. I don't usually care for horror/zombie movies, but I thought it was pretty good. I think there was more of an attempt to make this movie "human" and more an effort to shed light on the broader issues that would surround a zombie apocalypse than I've seen in other movies, so I appreciated that. The constant suspense was also entertaining and I thought it was cool that the setting shifted so much.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Despite the ridiculously long title, much like its predecessor, this one is another fine installment in the Apes franchise reboot. Action-packed, intriguing and touching at points, it's a really nice and entertaining flick, especially if you're into the whole topic/storyline. Again, the apes look and act in a superb way, so props to the special effects department and Andy Serkis too of course (and all the others). A bit too sentimentally drawn-out towards the end but that was my only gripe. Good one!

Cool! I really liked Rise of the Planet of the Apes, so I am really looking forward to Dawn... Should be good.

The Hands of Orlac - Had a reunin with this masteriece the other day. Fantastic film. Atmospheric, moody and mad. It's way more easy watching than Robert Wiene's über classic The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, both visually and story wise. Especially visually. It's not as dream-like and colourful as Dr. Caligari. It's a very staight forward film like that. But it's a great film, and well worth watching for horror maniacs who likes old horror.

The Big Doll House - Another reunion, this time with cult classic The Big Doll House. Pam Grier, Sid Haig and other awesome actors. It's not a very good film, but it's still a great film. Very standard WiP (women in prison) with lots of skin and titties, eroticism and some violence. Great stuff! Jack Hill, man. Love that guy. Made some fantastic films.

Yes. I love the madness that urrounds the film. How it portrais what your brain can do if you believe in something. Awesome stuff!

These Amazing Shadows - These Amazing Shadows is a documentary that uses the National Film Registry as a platform to show how important films are as a reflection of our culture and heritage. It's a documentary about the importance of films. It'sa great film, and you'll get interviews with members of the National Film Registry, directors, actors, critics, journalists and all that. It's a great film, and a film for anyone that sees films as something more than just your saturday entertainment toget through a boring evening. It's a tad short, though. There should've been way more info on the pictures. More people should have talked abou each film and decribe as to why they are as important as they are and so on. Great film.

The Slanted Screen - A film about Hollywood's racism (yes, I'll go as far as calling it racism) towards asian americans in the film industry, both in treatment (or lack thereof) of asian americans and how they are portraied. I was shocked at the info about The Replacement Killers, the one The O.C. episode and Romeo Must Die. Truly shocked. Eye opening stuff. This too is too short, clocking in at 60 minutes. Would've wanted more interviews with different people. But it's a good one for sure.

Neighbors - :5.0:

Funny as hell. laughed nearly the entire time watching it along with my family and a few friends. I love Seth Rogan to death and seriously think hes one of the funniest actors out there these days. Zac Efron was really good so was Joe Franco, really just a good time movie to watch when you want to laugh your ass off. I really needed a good laugh too and this delivered perfectly.

Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle - A mini-series consisting of three hour-long episodes covering everything from the begining og the superheroes and the creators influences, until today and all the films based off superheroes. Obviously, they're trying to cover 75 years in thee hour, so there's a lot missing. But if you are like me, someone who loves superheroes, but doesn't know too much about the origins, then this should entertain you. It contains interviews with creators and artists, historians, film directors and even a couple of actors that has played superheroes (Batman and Wonder Woman) and much more. This was really good!

Europa Report - Deent found footage-sci-fi that's decent, but nothing more. I hate a lot of the camera effects in the film. It just gets too try-hard to be honest.

Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain - Great fantasy-adventure that's got a lot in common with Big Trouble in Little China aka the best film ever made, but that shouldn't be surprising as Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain was the main influence on Carpenter when he made Big Trouble in Little China. No Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountan = no BigTrouble in Little China. It's very over the top, especially on the special effects, and while some will tell you that it hasn't stood the test of time, I will have to politley disagree as the special effects are the best thing about this film together with the main actors. Crazy film, and that's in a good way.

The Conspiracy - Found footage-thriller/horror that actually feels original, and is very well done. Lots of cliches, but that actually helps this film a lot IMO, and it never feels as if I am watching a film with actos. It feels like a documentary, and it gets creepy as fuck. It really did put me off. Effective stuff.

The Conspiracy - Found footage-thriller/horror that actually feels original, and is very well done. Lots of cliches, but that actually helps this film a lot IMO, and it never feels as if I am watching a film with actos. It feels like a documentary, and it gets creepy as fuck. It really did put me off. Effective stuff.

omg this was awesome! :D Agreed, it's very well put-together, doesn't feel acted at all. I like how it gradually gets creepier as it goes on, and that it doesn't utilize any jump scares and stuff like that but it still manages to unsettle. Great one!

The Caller - The Caller is a horror film filled with great ideas, made by a writer and a director who doesn't know how to do anything with them at all. So many good ideas, such a poor film. It was pretty awfu actually.

The Evictors - Great, late 70's horror film by Charles B. Pierce, the man behind the masterpiece The Town That Dreaded Sundown. This never gets as good as The Town That Dreaded Sundown, but it's well worth a watch anyway, because it's really awesome. Atmospheric and a bit silly. Predictable? Yes, but it doesn't spoil the fun.

National Lampoon's Vacation - This film stars Chevy Chase in the best form of his life, having the coolest vacation ever in one of the best comedies ever made. Do I have to say more? No. Classic!

Schizo - Fantastic, slow-burning slasher from Pete Walker, the man behind cult flicks such as Frightmare, House of Whipcord and House of the Long Shadows (with Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, among others). This fantastic slasher flick, from 1976 (yeah, one of the early slashers), has more in common with the giallo genre than slasher genre. Wile obviously an early slasher,  it still has more giallo feeling to it. A bit to slow-burning for some, but if you're patient you'll be treated very, very well with this one. A bit predictable, but the film is great. Atmospheric, a bit creepy.

Do you like giallos? Watch this!

Do you like slashers? Watch this!

Simple as that.

Enemy - Very interesting movie, reminded me of David Lynch. Kinda slow but that makes the atmosphere constantly dreary and heavy as well, so it's a nice tactic. I like how it all progressed. As I've said, it's a bit Lynchian, only you have a bit more chance of decoding it all after one watch. xD