Neon

Last movie you saw.

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? - A fantastic psychological thriller/horror where everything is picked from the highst shelf. Fantastic film and a true masterpiece!

Dallas Buyers Club - Good film, but a bit overrated, no? It's not a film Oscar-worthy imo. Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto are both very good, but everything is played out very safe and standard. It lacks the little extra that makes a film worthy of annything Oscar IMO. Not too mipressed with the direction either. Nothing very memorable about it.

Alpha Dog - This is pretty much an awful film. Everything except for Bruce Willis and Justin Timberlake are pretty bad here.

Django Unchained - This is still one of the best westerns to come out from the 90's and till now, This, The Good, the Bad, the Weird, Shanghai Noon and No Country for Old Men are the most memorable westerns in recent years. They're all as good as they are different from eachother.

The only thing I've got to complain about is that it easily could've been 30 minutes longer, but with its 165 minutes it shouldn't need to be logner. So I don't have much to complain about. Fantastic!

I forgot one:

The Hound of the Baskervilles - This is the 1959 gothic horror version from Hammer Horror, with Peter Cushing, André Morell and Christopher Lee in the lead roles. Of all the Sherlock Holmes adaptions over the years, this is by far the best I've ever seen, and it isn't just the best Sherlock Holmes film ever, but also one of the best Hammer Horror films ever, and that says a lot. It's aso one of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushings best films ever. Everything about this film is brilliant. Hands down oen of the best horror films ever. I've given it 9/10, but it does deserve a 10/10 to be honest. Masterpiece beyond words!

Dans la maison - A devilish good damathriller from France with a handful of dark humour and plenty of twists and turns. It's a clever, exciting and good film with lots of Hitchcockian touches. Great film.

Fast & Furious 6 - This wasn't as good as F&F5, but still way better than the first, four shitefilms. The thing that really weakens this film is the whole Letty-thing. It feels very simple, lazy and cheap, and Michelle Rodriguez is an awful actor (with the exception of Machete where she worked really well). But other than that this is a good action film and Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Luke Evans and John Ortiz are all good in their roles, even though it's not world class acting, but then again that's not why you watch a film like this so it doesn't matter. These movies really took fifty steps in the right direction when they choose to grow upand drop the whole teen-drama with tacky cars. Now they use proper cool cars instead and it's action as fuck. Great move!

A bit sceptic toward the 7th installment to the series, though. The teaser at the end of F&F6 wasn't very promising, and it looked as if they've gone back to the shit from the earlier films. But I love James Wan who I consider one of the best directorsover the last 10 years, and with Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Kurt Russell and Tony Jaa on your team you should be able to make something entertaining. Should be hard not to.

The Princess and the Frog - This lived up to my high expectations. Good characters, a good story and a nice visual style that reminded me of the 90's. The whole voodoo-thing worked out perfectly, and Dr. Facilier aka The Shadow Man were beyond cool. Some of the songs were a bit disappointing, but all things considered I thought this was great, and Disney's best film since The Emperor's New Groove.

Corman's World: Exploits of a Hollywood Rebel - A fantastic documentary and one of the best I've ever seen, much due to me being a Corman fan but also because it's such a well-made documentary. Funny, interesting and at times touching, with good interviews with Roger Corman, Jack Nicholson, Martin Scorsese, Peter Bogdanovich, Julie Corman, Pam Grier, Joe Dante, Robert De Niro, Peter Fonda, David Carradine and more. Fantastic!

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - A potential masterpiece with a great plot, fantastic characters and amazing humour partly ruined by an awful visual stye without any kind of character and charm and boring animation. No feeling or aything whatsoever. It's a shame. This film deserves a remake with good, oldfashioned animation and a more interesting visual style. Do it now!

Once Upon a Time in the West - Sergio Leone, Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, Jason Robards and Ennio Morricone. Do I need say more? Übermasterpiece!

First Blood - Action perfection. Do I need say more? No, I don't.

Fargo (2014) - I am a huge fan of the film and I've been looking forward to this ever since I heard about the series. So my expectation were skyhigh, and this delivered and more. They've managed to create much of the same atmosphere and dark humour as in the film, but without copying it in any way whatsoever. The casting is perfect as well, and Billy Bob Thornton does the role of his life. Amazing season!

I feel kinda alone in this thread now. That's a lot of posts in a row. :oops:

Anyway, while waiting for the 6th Corman/Poe to get done I suddenly felt an urge to watch some western, mainly because of the rewatch of Django Unchained. Started with that one, then Once Upon a Time in the West, and now some more:

Django - It doesn't take long before one of the very best theme songs ever kicks off, and already then you'll understand that this is something special. This isn't just special, but together with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly it's the best western ever made. The plot is simple enough, but it's great as fuck, Django is as cool as the man with no name, Franco Nero is as cool and good as Cint Eastwood and it's one of the most violent westerns made at this time, which is a huge plus for me. Atmospheric, grim and very fucking badass. Perfection!

If you're familiar with Django, DJango Unchained or theme songs in general you probably know this, but I will post it anyway:

That is so fucking fantastic! It just sets the mood straight off.

Massacre Time - A sadly overlook gem from the mid 60's with Franco Nero and George Hilton, directed by none other than one of the two godfathers of gore; Lucio Fulci. This is even more violent and brutal than Django, as expected from Fulci, but not quite as good. But it is a fantastic film, and the theme song are beyond fantastic. Not as good as Django, but amazing still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwLP-pzDhuY

That is so fucking fantastic! It just sets the mood straight off.

PS: don't be fooled by the film's german titles, Django - Der Hauch des Todes and Django - Sein Gesangbuch war der Colt, this is not a Django film. Just released under that name in germany to cash in on Django's massive success.

The Proposition - I am not sure at all how this gem of a modern western has gone under my radar. Fantastic western with Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston and John Hurt among others. It's an atmospheric piece of western with some violence that is are beyond brutal. So graphic, bloody and awesome. The soundtrack, by Nick Cave, who also wrote the screenplay, are beutiful as well, and is one of the reasons this is so damn good. The atmosphere is the strongest poitn of this film, and the main reason why it is up there with Django Unchained, The Good, the Bad, the Weird and the other few modern westerns.

Cut-Throats Nine - I used to love this as a kid, but I didn't dig it as much now. A bit too slow, and without any good characters or atmoshere to make up for it. The violence are graphic as fuck, and brutal, and that's the strong point here. Very bleak, but it just lacks that atmosphere to make it a good film. Shame that.

The Haunted Palace - This is the 6th film in the Corman/Poe cycle, and it is a fantastic film. But do not be fooled by its title and status as a Poe adaption, because it is not such a thing. This is a H.P. Lovecraft adaption loosey based on The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, only using the title from Poe's 1839 poem The Haunted Palace, as well as a couple of qotes. Other than that it's a Lovecraft adation, and a fantastic one with Vincent Price (in a very serious role, unlike his roles in the other Corman/Poe films),  Lon Chaney Jr. and Debra Paget, all whom are fantastic. It's an atmospheric piece of cinema with beautiful sets and great direction with many memorable scenes. He did well in capturing that Lovecraftian feeling for this.

It was enver meant as a Poe film, but American International Pictures wanted to cash in on the Poe success and changed the film's name, against Corman's wishes, to keep it in line with the popular Poe series. And unlike the other, true COrman/Poe films, Edgar Allan Poe's name is actually misspelled in the credits in this one.

But forget about that and take it for what it is, a Lovecraftian horror masteriece!

The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939) - This is probably the best known adaption of the book, and the first Sherlock Holmes film to be set in the victorian period. This ain't as good as the Hammer Horror one, but it's still the second best Sherlock Holmes adaption ever. It stars Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce as Holmes and Watson, as well as Richard Greene, Wendy Barrie and John Carradine (father of David Carradine (Kill Bill, Kung Fu) og Keith Carradine (Fargo, Deadwood), for those of you unware of that) whom are all fantastic as well. This is a very family friendly film, but it's stilla very atmospheric film with a great mystery, but it is Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce who steals the show here, and they are the strongest point of this masterpiece.

This is the first out of 14 Sherlock Holmes films with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce, and I am very much looking forward to watching them all soon. Only seen a couple of the mmeself.

The Masque of the Red Death - The 7th and second to last of the Corman/Poe cycle, and one of the best in the series. I saw it some years ago and thought it was amazing, and I still do, but it isn't any better than The Pit and the Pendulum and The Haunted Palace. They're more or less of the same quality, but what weakens this film a bit and drags it dow from a 10 to a 9 is the costumes, which does look a bit tacky and cheap here and there. But the rest is top notch and both Vincent Price (as usual) and Hazel Court shines in the film. Truely!

Oh, and the Red Death were fantastic.

It's a very Bermanesque film which at times feel very much like The Seventh Seal, which is why Corman decided to make it later. Was supossed to be his second Poe-adaption actually.

tumblr_mg663an8ms1qaun7do1_500.jpg

2+Masque+55.jpg

masque_of_the_red_de.jpg

The Tomb of Ligeia - The 8th and last film in the Corman/Poe cycle, and it is a great way to end the series. Not the best in my eyes, but a very good finnish anyway. It's a very different film from the others, though. It feels less gothic and dramatic, and unlike the other films a huge part of this film is made outside. So it gets a very different atmosphere than the others. It feels both colder and darker, and Vincent Price is outstanding as usual. Some odd angles and shots by Corman as usual, but that just adds to the film.

My raiting on all the films:

1. The Pit and the Pendulum (9,5/10)
2. The Masque of the Red Death (9,5/10)
3. The Haunted Palace (9,5/10)
4. House of Usher (9/10)
5. The Tomb of Ligeia (8,5/10)
6. The Premature Burial (8,5/10)
7. Tales of Terror (8/10)
8. The Raven (5/10)

I've been without the internet for a week so I only watched movies, I'm too lazy to say anything about them at the moment except my rating and maybe a few words.

Hachiko - 9/10

Moneyball - 8/10

Fucking Åmål - 6/10

Strangers on a Train - 6/10 - I thought this whole movie would happen in a train so I was disappointed.

Stake Land - 7/10

The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman - 7/10 - Evan Rachel Wood sexy as always!

The Rover - 6/10

Slumdog Millionaire - 7/10

Stoker - 8/10 - this is the second time i watched this one.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter ...and Spring - 7/10

Suicide Club - 7/10 - I'm not sure if they explained everything in this movie, might have to watch it again sometime. I have some sort of theory what happened.

The Wanderers - 9/10 - funny film, awesome music and so on.

Boyhood - A movie whose only exciting and intriguing aspect is that they filmed it over a 12-year timespan, so the actors aged with the actual timeline of the plot. Well, not much to say other than it was an okay-ish coming of age flick in a bit of an episodic manner, tho far too long. The concept was cool, the execution could've been better.

Sin City 2 - Well, this one suffers a bit from "Machete syndrome", i.e. they probably felt they needed to up everything to 11, so the whole movie comes across as a bit ridiculous, albeit entertaining. The visuals were just too much in some scenes tho (also, contrastingly with rather unimaginative and dumb plot points).

The Equalizer - Okay, this was just badass. Denzel Washington plays a seemingly average dude but with a mysterious past, and when he can't take all the shadiness and injustice around him... well, he gets down to business. A cool crime/thriller flick that might start out slow but the tension and action keep building up until the epic finale. Recommended.

2af0fuo.jpg

I cannot be the only one who's looking forward to this film? As usual I don't know shit about what it's about, but I know that the poster is fucking awesome and reeks of 80's neo-noir, so I've got huge expectations for this film.

L.A. Confidential - Quite good and stylish neo-noir film in which the characters are the best thing. All 3 main characters played by Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce and Kevin Spacey were great.

Like Father, Like Son - Main character finds out that his 6 years old boy isn't actually his but has been swapped at birth and his real son has been raised by another family. Pretty simple plot but so complicated situation. The cast did a good job, I especially liked the little kid. Very thought-provoking even if you're not a parent yourself.

Cold Eyes - Solid crime thriller about a special surveillance team tracking down a smart criminal and his gang. It managed to keep me interested the whole 2 hours and that is the most important thing in thrillers. This film is actually a remake of Johnnie To's Eye in the Sky and To even makes a funny cameo.

L.A. Confidential - Quite good and stylish neo-noir film in which the characters are the best thing. All 3 main characters played by Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce and Kevin Spacey were great.

Masterpiece! I cannot describe how much I love that film and how bloody amazing it is.

Also, you've probably seen this film, but Chinatown is recommended and if you've not seen it you should watch it asap. It's another fantastic noir-flick.

Masterpiece! I cannot describe how much I love that film and how bloody amazing it is.

Also, you've probably seen this film, but Chinatown is recommended and if you've not seen it you should watch it asap. It's another fantastic noir-flick.

I've seen Chinatown but it's been a long time. I have to watch it again.

I love noir films but I'm still a beginner in that area, haha. I've seen some famous ones but if you have any more suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Welcome to Dongmakgol - A movie that was recommended to me a while back and i never had time to watch it till now.......

Overall pretty good, though not as strong as the previous korean war movie i watched about 2 brothers.. Some acting was rather poor, and the placement of CGI & the CGI itself was quite often very questionable. 

Quite a few scenes are just stupid..

Here's some famous and some lesser known film- and neo-noirs, some classic film-noirs, some classic neo-noirs and some tech(sci-fi)-noir, od and new. Sunsent Blvd., The Naked City, Night and the City (1950), Blade Runner, Stray Dog, Brute Force, Detour, Dark City, Minority Report, The Stranger, The Third Man, Following (Christopher Nolan), Dressed to Kill, Body Double and Thief to mention a few.

All these are highly recommended by me. I think all of them are very, very good or just plain fantastic. Lots of different types of films to choose from there as well.

As for me, I've got a very weak spot for tech-noirs like Blade Runner, Dark City, Minority Report and some more, but there's not enough films in this sub-genre. There's something very special about films like that.

Blade Runner - Over 30 years old and still looks amazing! Can't say the same for many movies.

Once Upon A Time In The West - This movie is a real work of art. And that music.

Blade Runner - Over 30 years old and still looks amazing! Can't say the same for many movies.

True! That's what you get for going with practical special effects and actual miniatures. It just doesn't get old the same way as CGI does. Same goes for Metropolis too IMO. Because they used miniatures it stil manage to look fresh even to this date. Or Godzilla fo that matter. When buildings are destroyed there, they get destroyed and therefore it still looks real as fuck. After all, it is real, and something real doesn't get old or dated. Awesome!

blade_runner_1-620x348.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

From Blade Runner

metropolis_miniatures.jpg

From the set of Metropolis. One of my all time favourite pictures.

Ginger Snaps - Fun little take on the werewolf trope, set in a teenage / school milieu. Some really good practical effects, bodily distortions and whatnot. Made me feel uneasy in a few scenes even. Also, the opening montage is the best, heh. Cool stuff.

The Signal - This was a pretty neat sci-fi/thriller piece with some interesting twists and turns. Actually, not a whole lot happened throughout the movie but it was put together in an exciting and suspenseful way, and I somehow didn't expect the ending either. Also, Laurence Fishburne was pretty cool in it.

American Mary - I loved where this one was going, but it kinda got all fucked up towards the last 10-15 mins and the ending really really disappointed me. Shame, cuz it was a wicked little story with the lovely Katharine Isabelle being a badass in it. Dunno why they had to end it the way they did. Otherwise an okay-ish flick.

Jennifer's Body. Girl lies about being a virgin and is killed in order for an unknown band to get famous after making a deal with the devil or something like that. She comes back to life as a demon sort of thing to take revenge.

Why I watched it? I don't even know why, just something to pass the time by a couple of days ago.. don't even bother looking it up urg.

A Fistful of Dollars - One of my all time favourite westerns, and one of the best remakes ever made. Sergio Leone's direction are very stylish, atmospheric and bloody cool, the acting an characters is top notch and the soundtrack is fantastic. Ennio Morricone deserves lots of cred for his soundtrack, because that's one of the reasons why the film is so atmospheric. 9,5/10

For a Few Dollars More - Not as stylish, atmospheric or cool as A Fistful..., and the weakest in the trilogy. It's a film that just fees like a mix of A Fistful... and The Good..., and a good bridge between the films. The introduction of Lee Van Cleef is fantastic. Awesome actor! 9,5/10

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - This is, together with Django, the best western ever. There's absolutely nothing to put your finger on here, and it is one of the best directed films in the history of cinema. It's a perfect piece of film, this. 10/10

A Professional Gun/The Mercenary - Not close to the best in the genres, but it's a great films nonetheless and Franco Nero are fantastic as always. A good introduction to zapata western as well, even though I'd recommend starting elsewhere.

Django, Prepare a Coffin - Very cool, (semi)-official prequel to Django with Terence Hill as Django. Franco Nero was meant to play Django here as well, but something came up and he had to drop it. I love Terence Hill, but he's no Franco Nero. The film ain't as good as Django either, but it's fantastic nonetheless.

Also, the theme song is top notch!

The majority of the best theme songs ever was written for westenr films. Weird to think about, that. But it's the truth.

Homefront - Very standard Jason Statham flick where he gets to be himself. The film is written by Sly and was meant as a Rambo film, but I am happy it wasn't used as one. It's allright entertainment, but nowt more than that. It also feels like a Steven Seagal film, a man who's played this role fifty times or something by now. Heh...

Bad Neighbors - Allright comedy with Seth Rogen and Zac Efron in the leads. At times hiiiiilarious, but it's very uneven which is a problem. Should've been a bit shorter. Zac Efron's really impressive here. The only thing left from the guy who played in HSM is the looks. Very impressive!

Horrible Bosses - I rewatched this and once again I found mysef laughing hellalot through the film. Hysterically funny film! Charlie Day, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx are just brilliant in this and I am lookign forward to the sequel.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Enjoyable adventure-drama which had deserved a bigger amount of comedy. It lacks some, but it was still enjoyable for the two hours it lasted. Ben Stiller is very good!

Resolution - This one I really liked. Meta-horror in the vein of The Cabin in the Woods, just without the comedy. Better in every way possible in and at times it's genuinly creepy. Solid stuff!

High Plains Drifter - Fantastic western by and with Clint Eastwood. One of the better Eastwood-directed films I've seen, and it feels like a big homage to Leone. Love the mysticism of the film. Great!

Day of Anger aka Gunlaw - Fantastic western with a übercool Lee Van Cleef in the lead and a superb soundtrack by Riz Ortolani. Loved the cinematography in this film.

Red Sun - It's a long way up to the best film in the western genre, but with a cast consisting of Toshirô Mifune(!!!), Charles Bronson, Alain Delon and Ursula Andress you just gotta enjoy this. Some of the dialog is awful, but I don't care because everything else is so cool. Nice to see Toshirô Mifune in a western!

Sunset Boulevard - Fantastic film in every way possible, and while not my favourite noir, surely the best one of them all. There's nothing to put your finger on here. Faaaantastic!

Angel of Death - This was originally a webseries, but was released as a film later on. Decent enough action with Zoë Bell, but that's about it. Feels like a more violent Nikita, and it's too short. No originality or character here either.

Det sjunde inseglet - This film is insanely good in every way possible. Ingmar Bergman was one of the best directors ever, and by far the best scandinavian director ever. Magnificent!

Vem är du?
Jag är Döden.

(one of the best lines ever!!!)

Vargtimmen - Lovely, surealistic drama with many hints of horror. At times really fucking creepy, and just really good. The atmosphere here and there just puts me off. It's so fantastic. Ingmar Berman, man! I have to admit that Liv Ullmann's mix of Norwegian and Swedish gets a bit tiresome, though.

Zatoichi and the Fugitives - The 18. film and one of the best in the series till now. We get a darker plot, more explicit violence and more blood, and unlike most films till now it lacks the humour we've gotten used to with feels like a breath of fresh air. I mean, every single one of the first 18 films are fantastic, so this being one of the best says a lot. Shintaro Katsu's faaaaaaaantastic as always, and Takashi Shimura's as impressive as always. Fantastic film!

From what I know this was just a begining as far as the violence goes, and it'l get even more violent, bloody and exploitation-like. In a couple of films I'll see Zatoichi meet Yojimbo (Toshirô Mifune), then a couple of films after that I'll see Zatoichi meet The One Armed Swordsman (Jimmy Wang Yu). Oh god, how I am looking forward to that. Gonna be immense!

debutart-joewilson2.jpg

Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan - If you're just slightly interested in what goes on behind what you see on the screen when watching a film full of special effectis, either it is stop-motion animation or CGI, then this should be of interest to you, as it goes through the film-life of Ray Harryhausen, the greatest animator of all time. You geat an interview with the man himself as he talks about his films and work, and also with folks like Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, James Cameron, John Landis  John Landis, Terry Gilliam, Joe Dante, Guillermo del Toro, Vincenzo Natali, Ray Bradbury and more, as they talk bout Ray Harryhausen's influence, not just on themself, but on the world of cinema itself. One of the most influential guys to work with film! This is a must-see IMO.

Snitch - Mediocre, though decent enough actionthriller with The Rock. Nothing out of the ordinary, but OK entertainment on a thursday evening.

Louder Than a Bomb - To put it in the creators own words; "Louder Than a Bomb is a film about passion, competition, teamwork, and trust. It’s about the joy of being young, and the pain of growing up. It’s about speaking out, making noise, and finding your voice." The film is about teenagers who compete in a yearly poetry slam event, and it's a very solid one. But to me, this just get a bit too sentimental. It comes off as a bit too forced, the way they try to touch the viewers, at least to me. But it's a well-made, interesting documentary with a pacing that is nothing short of perfect. So it is an entertaining watch.

Double Indemnity - Fantastic noir by Billy Wilder, the man behind Sunsert Boulevard. This is one of the most classic noirs out there and it is just as good as Sunset Boulevard IMO, if not even better. Dark, thrilling and exceptionally well-made. Edward G. Robinson is fantastic in one of the supporting roles. Absolutely fantastic!

Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan - Thanks for mentioning this, Bear! :D I'm a sucker for old-timey/classic special effects and this documentary was a treat to watch. It also made me recall how I might've seen two Harryhausen flicks when I was little but never really connected the name to the product (they were Clash of the Titans and One Million Years B.C.). The ending was heartwarming.

Gone Girl - Got to see this new David Fincher movie at a special advance/press screening and I gotta say it was fantastic! Maybe a bit overly long but a very effective mystery/thriller with more twists and turns than a pro rally driver could handle. Ben Affleck and especially Rosamund Pike were excellent in their respective roles. So much darkness, corruption and manipulation, it was delicious. Recommended!

The Game - Since I was in high spirits after seeing Gone Girl, I decided to go back and watch some Fincher films I hadn't before. This one was a nice dark little rollercoaster with Michael Douglas. The tone of the ending surprised me a bit tho, in that it was so unlike how they would end a movie like this if it was made in recent years. A solid film, all in all. Won't become my favorite but it was good.

Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan - Thanks for mentioning this, Bear! :D I'm a sucker for old-timey/classic special effects and this documentary was a treat to watch. It also made me recall how I might've seen two Harryhausen flicks when I was little but never really connected the name to the product (they were Clash of the Titans and One Million Years B.C.). The ending was heartwarming.

Cool, brah! Ray Harryhausen is a god IMO. I like how he, despite never being on screen, ends up as the star in every film he's ever worked on. However it's a shame that most people seem tot hink that these films are just special effects films, and don't care to watch them becauseof this. Yeah, Ray Harryhausen and his special effects are the star in these films, but so what? Harrison Ford was the star in Raiders of the Lost Ark as well, but the film is much more than just him.

Anyway, The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Jason and the Argonauts, and Clash of the Titans (which you already saw) are must-sees. Fantastic films in their genres. Classic monsterfilm and some classic adventure films. Quality stuff!

It Came from Beneath the Sea, Earth vs. the Flying Saucers, 20 Million Miles to Earth, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger are also well worth your time, though not as classic and good as the other mentioned.

A Colt is My Passport - Probably one of the more famous of "Nikkatsu" films, A Colt Is My Passport is a mix of noir and spaghetti westerns. Even the theme song is very western-like and it plays many and many times in the film. It's very catchy song and there's different versions of it for various moods (jazzy, surf). The ending is great !

Tokyo Drifter - Another well known Nikkatsu film. This isn't as good in my opinion. It is quite confusing at some points but style-wise it looks good. The colors are beautiful.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - One of my favorite westerns. There's so many classic scenes: "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."