Neon

Last movie you saw.

Child's Play 2 - Was okay. First one was superior, obviously.

Child's Play 3 - Had its moments but got terribly boring by half time (and it ain't a long movie, less than 1.5 hours). Meh.

Bride of Chucky - Hahaha, this was awesome! Lots of funny/cheesy interaction between the two dolls, plus some fun horror references. Of course the whole movie was kinda dumb but in a totally entertaining way.

Why Don't You Play In Hell?

Pretty entertaining over-the-top yakuza film. The last 30 minutes were a real gorefest.

I haven't been watching many movies lately, but I finally saw something again:

Streets of Fire - God damn, this film is so fucking cheesy, rock 'n' roll and badass. It's a mix of the 50's and 80's. The dialogue is tough, but in a 1950's kind of way. It's like this was first written in the 50's, then rewritten in the 80's and finally made. The dialogue and a few other elements oozes of the 50's, while the neot lit streets, 80's rock and other elements just oozes f the 80's. This is a film that deserved so much more attention than what it got. Badass film with a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJk61DfPOug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwjtYdlX5lQ

And look at these posters, guys. You just don't get things like these anymore:

936full-streets-of-fire%253A-a-rock-%252

161029.1020.A.jpg

streets-of-fire-poster_-color-sample-476

Amazing!

I am really looking forward to the unofficial sequel, Road to Hell, that came a few years back. It's supossed to be great from what I hear.

^ Awesome to hear! I plan on going to see it pretty soon, I love Andrew Garfield's Spider Man so much more than Toby McGuire's.

I went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier last week and that shit was awesome :D so much action, almost too much honestly xD I really dug it quite a bit, and it's nice to see a super hero flick that's not about a hero with crazy out of this world powers or advance technology... It was just nice to watch cap kick everyone's ass the entire time :lol: I'd give it a :4.0:

Machete Kills

A movie that begins really good with some funny scenes. But then, this movie keeps getting worse and worse until the very crappy end.

Sadly, a waste of time. And as time is precious, please, don't watch it.

Machete Kills

A movie that begins really good with some funny scenes. But then, this movie keeps getting worse and worse until the very crappy end.

Sadly, a waste of time. And as time is precious, please, don't watch it.

What was it that made it so bad, and how did you feel about the first one? For me, the first one is a modern classic. Badass, modern trash cinema at its very best. Exploitation the way exploitation was meant to be made.

I haven't seen this yet. Reason? I read it was filled to the edge with awful CGI, and as I am very negative to so-called "good" CGI I can't be positive to that. Is that true, or was it just some bullshit from some bullshitters?

Same opinion as yours about the other. Uh, I find it really funny and badass but really sloppy. I don't know, it's the feel that I had when I watched it. Anyway, it may appeal to people who want to see a good badass/trash movie, but that's all. Not a bullshit, but mediocre, really. In nearly the same genre, BAD ASS was way better.

Aha, I see. Thanks. Well, I still gotta watch it though. I dislike Michelle Rodriguez a lot as an actress, but she did very good in Machete and hopefully she'll surprise me here too. I expect shit from Lady Gaga, obviously. No idea why she was picked, other than to try to get a bigger crowd. However, I am excited to see Amber Heard on screen. I hope she's got a badass role like she did in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, where she did so very, very well.

I think the same about those actresses. lmao. Yeah, Lady Gaga should really limit herself to sing, cause tbh and imo, beside that I find she hasn't charisma, she didn't acted well on that movie. I dunno, I didn't liked it. I respect her ofc. But yeah, the crowd, that's the aim. 

P.S. I Love You - I liked this a lot the first time Isaw it, but I can't say it stood the test of time very well. It's fantastic at its best, but it doesn't reach those hights often enough. It's so uneven, and it should've been 25-30 minutes shorter. If ut properly this could easily have been a great film.

Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon - Prequel to the very good Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame. Andy Lau is changed with Mark Chao, and desite Mark Chao's good performane, he is no Andy Lau. But this film i even more action/adventure and less mystery/crime than Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame, and that suchs because my major complain towards Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame was its lack of mystery/crime. But Young Detective Dee also strugles with the special effects (CGI!) which for most part is awful. It looks really, really bad, but we're treated with great action and that somewhat makes up for it. Weaker than the first, but still enjoyable.

Whores' Glory - This is by far one of the most depressing and saddest thing I've ever seen on film/TV. This is a really dark documentary about prostitution, and it takes you to three different brothels in three different countries. One in Thailand, one in Bangladesh and one in Mexico. It's a very sad and hard watch to be honest. The Bangladesh part is the most brutal and depressign one, and a really hard watch. Jesus christ, man. Brutal! But this is a great documentary. Recommended as fuck!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - It's insane to think that this film most likely had a smaller budget than An Unexpected Journey, because it's on a whole different level visually. It's not perfect, and I do expect much more from a director like Peter Jackson, but The Desolation of Smaug makes An Unexpected Journey look like a small budget film, and that's pretty fucking sad. The Desolation of Smaug is a geat film, and most of the changes from the book works very well, even though not all of them lives up to the standard of the book. But some are better than in the book. That's an adation for you. Just like it should be. The scenes in Dol Guldur is amazing, and the best part of the film. Amazing really. The meeting with Smaug is really well done as well, but Dol Guldur, man. Dol fucking Guldur!

Stake Land - Cool, post-apocalyptic vampire horror on a rather low budget. The film ain't much more original than 98% of todays top 20 hiphop, so yeah, not original at all. But it's so well made, so well done and so cool that you'll forget all about that. Atmospheric and awesome horror on a low budget.

Snowpiercer - I finally got to see this film (on cinema as well. Film festivals, man. <3). Joon-ho Bong never disappoints, and proves once again that he is among the best and most exciting directors in 2014. It's as simple as that. The setting is great, the atmosphere is amazing and the action is badass as fuck. Don't need much more than that to entertain me.

And Kang-ho Song once again proves himself among the best actors in the world in 2014. What an actor, man! Heavenly. Simple as that.

I'm happy that all the three "big" Korean directors succeeded in making great Hollywood debuts. Just as expected, but great nonetheless.

1. Stoker (8,5/10)
2. Snowpiercer (8/10)
3. The Last Stand (7,5/10)

Very solid. I've always been a fan of Joon-ho Bong though, so I knew within myself that I would enjoy this film. But I've waited this long before watching it because I was told this might be one of the films to be shown at my local film festival, and it was. Love film festivals.

I didn't know that Stake Land was a Jim Mickle film. He's the same who directed the awful We Are What We Are. However, he's back with a new film this year that seems to great. It''s called Cold in July. Looking forward to that.

Amazing Spiderman 2

Very mediocre but not as terrible as Spiderman 3. More talking, less action, which really isn't a bad thing as long as it keeps up my interests, but the pacing dragged on some scenes that made me check up the time on my phone and that's never a good thing. The camera work in the beginning is the most disorientating thing I've seen, surpassing the Bourne movies. If you can watch this film without thinking then you can enjoy it.

Kill Your Darlings - Pretty okay "based on real events" movie about some of the "beat" poets' university life. William Burroughs (played by Ben Foster) was the best, he cracked me up, lol. Overall a very nice experience to watch.

Blue Ruin - Nice little indie revenge film. Cool cinematography. I'm digging that poster too,

reminds me of True Detective opening visuals.

BlueRuin_Quad_ArtLR-585x438.jpg

Last movie I saw was Escape Plan.  I always love a good action movie.  I feel like Arnold/Stallone style movies are hard to come by now.  Or maybe its the lack of action stars of this calibre.

There's been released a lot of great action films these past 10 years (everything from wuxia to 80's homages and high octane action thrillers), but there is a lack of big genre stars in 2014, and it's been so for way too long now. You've got comedy stars that more or less are known for playing in a billion comedies, but you don't have any of these horror and action stars anymore. A big shame.

The Lookout - Enjoyable film, but what a horrible atempt at an actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt is. He's just so fucking bad. Provoking actually. Without him this would easily've been a 7-8/10, but with him it's a weak 6/10. He's patehtic.

The Devil's Rejects - I really like House of 1000 Corpses, but this is just on a whole other level. A modern horrorclassic that showcases Rob Zombie's qualities as a director. It's got that amazing 70's horror feeling, and even the CGI works well here. It's not as good as the practical effects, but they're not awful either. I do wish he'd had time to make all the blood and gore real, though. But it is what it is. The dialogue is great, the acting is great, the atmosphere is amazing and the recasting of Mother Firefly is amazing. Brilliant!

It's a bloody shame Rob Zombie is wasting his talents and time with remakes and shit. The Halloween remake and sequel were awful, and now we're getting a remake of the awesoem The Children. Meh.

Peter and the Wolf - 30 minutes of awesome stop-motion animation awesomeness without any dialogue at all. The animation, visuals and soundtrack tells the story just perfect. The animation of rough, but very enjoyable and well-done, and everything else is very charming. Worth checking out, guys!

Yeah, it was. Such a shame. The man is nothing short of a legend.

celtic-frost-to-mega-therion-cd.jpg

Former Celtic Frost bandmates Tom Gabriel Fischer and Martin Eric Ain have paid tribute to the Swiss surrealist artist H.R. Giger who passed away in Zurich on May 12.

Giger's painting Satan I adorned the cover of Celtic Frost's second album To Mega Therion and the artist remained friends with Fischer until his passing. The singer, who now fronts Triptykon, issued the following statement to the media.

"For the first time in 74 years, last night was a night not illuminated by the indescribable light that was H.R. Giger.

H.R. Giger became our mentor, against all odds, when we, somewhat audaciously, first established contact with him some 30 years ago. At a time when almost everybody ridiculed, ignored, or even obstructed the music the then almost completely unknown Swiss underground band Hellhammer was creating, Giger listened to us, talked to us, and gave us a chance. Not least at a time when he was at one of many peaks of his path.

A little more than a year later, his exceptionally stunning art made what might be one of Celtic Frost's most important albums, To Mega Therion, even more significant. Other links to Giger's universe also manifested themselves, almost as if it was predestined.

Eventually, after many more years, the mentorship became a friendship. It was a friendship and a personal connection I valued infinitely, and it also included his wonderful wife, Carmen, and many other remarkable people that were part of his universe.

When Celtic Frost came to an end so acrimoniously in 2008, H.R. Giger and his wife were among those who witnessed my uncontained despair and stood by me. That Giger subsequently agreed to collaborate with my new group, Triptykon, and thus enabled us to release our first album, Eparistera Daimones, with one of his most dramatic paintings on the cover meant the world to me.

It apparently pleased Giger, too. He told me so on several occasions, and he completely stunned me in October 2011 by proposing that we continue the collaboration between him and Triptykon. I would have never asked for such a thing, because I never would have wanted to appear insatiable. He brushed such reservations aside, and it was his mentorship, friendship, and art that enabled us, once again, to release a second album on which music and cover art formed a seamless symbiosis. Only a few weeks ago, he held the result in his hands and loved it.

Regardless of anything I may write about H.R. Giger, however, none of these words will ever be able to truly, accurately describe him as a person and as a friend. It is utterly inconceivable to imagine a world without his wit, his perception, his genius, his horizon, his determination, his humour, his friendship, and his immeasurable kindness. And yet, we are now left in exactly such a world."

Contacted by TeamRock, Fischer's former Celtic Frost bandmate, bassist Martin Eric Ain, also offered his condolences.

"I was shocked to hear of H.R. Giger's untimely passing," he said. "Giger was an artistic giant with a fantasique vision and at the same time he was a humble human being. And he was the first to truly believe in Hellhammer / Celtic Frost and for that i'm ever grateful. H.R. Giger will be sorely missed but never forgotten, his art is not of this world that he has now left behind. My thoughts are with his family and friends."

Played that album earlier today actually, a few hours before I got news about this. What a man!

I just read that writing from Fischer a few hours ago. Very nice and thoughtful. Been spinnin' Triptykon's releases lately, Giger's art complemented the music perfectly.

Anyway, not to veer off topic too much: saw the new Godzilla yesterday in IMAX 3D. It was an average movie, albeit gorgeous in the visuals. I expected a lot more Godzilla footage, instead they showed those lame-ass other monsters more. Shame. Anyway, the last 40 minutes almost made up for it. An okay-ish experience.

Also, I'm planning to watch the whole franchise in chronological order in the future. Should be fun. I only ever saw the American remake, the Biollante one and like 10 mins from the King Kong one. xD