ronluna

Dead End

New Morrie solo live "Nostalgia of the Infinite" confirmed for March 4.

Musicians:

guitar- Yutaka Aoki

bass - FIRE

keyboard - Takeyuki Hatano

sax & chorus - yukarie

drums - Hiroshi Sasabuchi

violin - Heather Paauwe

So, i've been trying to get into this band a bit, but I have no idea where to start. Could someone recommend some albums to me as to where to start listening?

^ If you like more "modern" produced/sounding music I suggest METAMORPHOSIS (2009). If you're okay with a bit "oldies" sounding rock/metal, then try GHOST OF ROMANCE (1987) or shambara (1988) first.

Wow his english is pretty impressive. Living more than 10 years on the west and having an english speaking wife really helped him.

And a new album is quite fast, huh? I'm also expecting he might release new solo stuff this year.

Holy shit, his english is so much better than I would have ever expected.

I love how active Morrie has been, he is easily one of my favorite jrock dude.

Yeah, I agree. He has 3 projects at the same time. Kiyoharu is the only one I know who has been doing as much. Dead End's new album should be great if they follow what they did with Dream Demon Analyzer. Maybe some more atmospheric songs like those last two from the album would be great

I wonder what his new solo songs sound too, it's been so long since Kage no Kyouen

He has restored my faith in humanity

Dream Demon Analyzer was amazing, of course I'm looking forward to the next one. Go Morrie!! \(>.<)/

I actualy liked Creature Creature's album more than Dead End's album 2012, but they were both great. I am interested to see where his solo stuff will fall in this category.

I actualy liked Creature Creature's album more than Dead End's album 2012, but they were both great. I am interested to see where his solo stuff will fall in this category.

"You have started with DEAD END again and also run Creature Creature and had a solo show last March. How would you describe the differences between these three projects and how do you think they resemble each other?

MORRIE: In DEAD END the main composer is You. In Creature Creature the main composer is me. In my solo, the bud begins in my world too. The music is the starting point, it exists before the image and before the concept. We go from there."

http://akataiyou-no-nihon.com/index.php ... 2-eng.html

As he is composing on both I believe he is going to keep the genre difference, otherwise it would be just stupid to revive his solo project. His old releases were really good, I love that dreamy sound.

I agree 100%. "Dream Demon Analyzer" felt like You put together alot of the same riffs & unused one's he prepared "METAMORPHOSIS" & his solo "You's Alien", it doesn't feel fresh and original like every CC album has. I mean I do still like DDA but I wish JOE was involved in the composing too and MINATO was still around.

As he is composing on both I believe he is going to keep the genre difference, otherwise it would be just stupid to revive his solo project. His old releases were really good, I love that dreamy sound.

I could imagine since Creature Creature has other members that helped him with his vision that his solo can still be quite different, Morrie's guitar style is more mellow and rhythm based like his solo. Despite composing most of the tracks on "PHANTOMS" he didn't play guitar on any like he did on the last two.

MORRIE is still going strong, lately he's been recording violin so either new CREATURE CREATURE or solo.