Sign in to follow this  
Neon

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Announced

Final Fantasy XIII was a really good Game, imho. So, i am looking forward to this Sequel.

I do see why so many People whine about how bad it is. It offers everything a good RPG must have.

So yeah, whine about missing Towns, linear Levels, wrong this, bad that, blah blah...oh boohoo.

And yes, i even enjoyed the Sequel of FFX, even if it wasn´t quite as good as X itself.

It offers everything a good RPG must have.

Wait, what? You must be new to RPGs.

indeed

it misses about the most important thing from all RPG's

And yes, i even enjoyed the Sequel of FFX

Only thing from your post I agree with. And my enjoyment only comes from the battle system. Which is probably the best one a Final Fantasy has ever had, minus the dresspheres (...). Everything else about that game is truly awful but I loved getting into battles.

It offers everything a good RPG must have.

Wait, what? You must be new to RPGs.

indeed

it misses about the most important thing from all RPG's

Actually, i play RPGs for 15 Years now. So "new" is not quite the right Term.^^

Imho, a good RPG consists of a good Story with authentic Characters, and a motivating Battlesystem. At first i was a little sceptical because of the linear Gameplay, missing Towns and Sidequests. But surprisingly, i never really missed them while playing and afterwards. I admit, the Story was no FF VII, nor anything that could keep up with Xenogears, but it is still a good one with a very good Presentation. Better than anything that Atlus could ever achieve. One can quarrel about which FF is better, but i personally like them all, execpt for XI and XIV, because i never play MMORPGs. So i still don´t get why there is so much whining about FF XIII.

The only annoying Thing i can say about this Game is a more technical Issue. The 360 Version got major Problems with the Framerate going down, when being in wide open Areas with many Beasts in one Place. I don´t know if the PS3 Version suffers the same Problem.

I didn't think XIII had a good story, authentic characters OR a motivating battle system. But fair enough. :(

I didn't think XIII had a good story, authentic characters OR a motivating battle system. But fair enough. :(

And that is basically why people whine about XIII. There is so much of it for a reason after all!

Then again, I'm picky about my JRPGs and partial to the older ones, when it wasn't about graphics or sequels for shallow characters and more about the tales and the characters with a backstory that was actually interesting.

And roaming a massive world, trolling dungeons, exploring, getting into the role, which I couldn't do with XIII. There haven't been many exceptional JRPGs lately. Lost Odyssey was amazing, because the gameplay, story and characters were enthralling, like they should be. :oro:

Never played XII, so I don't know about that...

And roaming a massive world, trolling dungeons, exploring, getting into the role, which I couldn't do with XIII. There haven't been many exceptional JRPGs lately. Lost Odyssey was amazing, because the gameplay, story and characters were enthralling, like they should be. :oro:

yea right.

Dragon Quest IX

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows

and those all came out within the last year, and just off the top of my head... maybe you should pay closer attention :-P

Oh yeah, that. I still haven't gotten around to playing that. Just because I kept hoping they'd finally release that damn PS3 version. Should probably just give up and buy the 360 one at this point. xD I do remember having a hell of a time with Symphonia, so I'd definitely love to try it.

yea right.

Dragon Quest IX

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows

and those all came out within the last year, and just off the top of my head... maybe you should pay closer attention :-P

I pay plenty of attention! I only liked Dragon Quest IX out of those :( Even so, three is still not many! I guess I've become disenchanted with JRPGs in general.

I liked Resonance of Fate too. Even if the gameplay was tricky. Lost Odyssey was seriously amazing. Because it was created by the guy who did the best Final Fantasys. :D The Last Story is probably going to be good too.

Haven't played Tales of Vesperia because it's so expensive. I don't even know why.

And now name me some full HD games, and no handheld RPG's...

Handheld RPGs > Console RPGs (IMO.)

and...

Resonance of Fate

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (yep I'm an SO Fanboy :D)

MagnaCarta 2

Last Remnant (I kno i'm gonna get bashed on for this one, but oh well... i enjoyed it :lol:)

I pay plenty of attention! I only liked Dragon Quest IX out of those :( Even so, three is still not many! I guess I've become disenchanted with JRPGs in general.

yea DQ IX is awesome! I'm still stuck on it... 300+ hours XD but yea rly? you didn't like the new GS? i mean i understand Blue dragon because most people compare the othe B.D games with the first one (that was on the 360, even though i don't think it was as horrible as most people make it out to be....) but yea the Blue dragon on the DS is pretty cool, one of it's best features is the customization, so detailed it's like DQ IX's customization and then add 10 to that, and you get Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadows.

Sign in to follow this