Sign in to follow this  
Neon

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Announced

Hi everyone!

So, here we are: this morning (or evening, in Tokyo), the TOHO cinema theatre in Roppongi Hills hosted the special SQUARE ENIX 1st Production Department Premiere. Among the plethora of exciting things to come, we presented a special gem, a game I'm sure many of you (and of us!) cannot wait to put their hands on.

Ladies and gentleman, it is an honour to introduce you to FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, the sequel to the role-playing blockbuster FINAL FANTASY XIII.

The new game will be out next winter on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and will feature a new story that stems from its predecessor, as well as an evolved battle system.

I'm not excited abaut this , I enjoyed play that game but I not want to play this sequel.

Thought abaut this?

The trailer is already out and about. I've not watched it yet though because I can't stand playing XIII until the end right now, thus don't really want anything spoiled. As shitty as the story was.

The new VersusXIII trailer was amazing though. Would've been better if they bothered to give a release date... hell even a window, but nope. Dicks. Still, I'm at least happy they've finally shown off what they promised. My excitement is still pretty damn high for it. Type-0 looks better than before too.

IT MADE ME LOL!!!!!

really now, making a sequel of the worst FF ever?

xD

I also heard they're multiplying the number of towns you can visit

Yeah, this tame you can visit a total of ZERO towns!

I'm more interested in Versus XIII. Epic Trailer :P Well, not really epic. But I've been waiting for something like this since 2006 <3

Besides that Agito/Type-0 looks good as well.

IT MADE ME LOL!!!!!

really now, making a sequel of the worst FF ever?

Such is the Square Enix way.

Anyway, Final Fantasy XIII-2: Days Over Nights/615 Weeks: Lightning's Tale ~Part 2~ Beginning of the End is probably going to suck as much as its predeccesor.

Square Enix piss me off. They advertise Versus before XIII, then release XIII, which has contributed to their poor sales and massive net loss lately (although mostly that is XIV's fault), then reveal more Versus trailers, a game devoid of corridors and utterly unlikeable characters, but announce that a sequel to a bad game is going to come first.

:| Brb playing Final Fantasy IV, aka the best Final Fantasy.

gtfo with your PS1 FF's. It's all about SNES.

notrly, but VI is still my fav. IX not far behind despite my massive hate for most of the characters.

i enjoyed elements of XII. Like the zodiac aspect of the summons. And i loved the Quickenings so much! If i was in the shits, i could use that to survive X_X.

X had a beautiful story and amazing graphics for its time. And i had a crush on LuLu.

I wish i had a PS3 so i could try FFXIII

I wish i had a PS3 so i could try FFXIII

Me too, but I can't ever have nice things. They either get stolen or broken. :(

come on ya'll XIII wasn't that bad.... I mean the story kinda blowed, but it had one of the best combat systems in any FF by far. (IMO) and me thinks gameplay is more important than story atleast in this case.

but yeah I'm actually excited a wee bit for this, as long as they don't kill it like they did with X-2 it should be great. also thought the trailer was pretty epic.

but I so can't wait for versus, I want kingdom hearts game mechanics in my FF rite nowz!! and Agito might actually make me go buy a psp (or a psp2 since it'll obviously won't be out here till 2012).

Okay. I am critical of Square Enix and yes, even I can agree that the battle system, while executed poorly, was great. I liked the paradigm shifts. Hated what they did to summons a lot. Visually they were great. But that's where Squeenix excels, isn't it? They can render every single one of Lightning's eyelashes but GOOD STORY? WHAT IS GOOD STORY?

The battle system really is the game's only saving grace. But in an RPG the story is key. It needs to be interesting and engaging and keep the gamer's attention, the characters need to be tolerable. A bad story is a deal breaker for me because who wants to play a game for X amount of many hours when the story sucks?

Remember when the format of RPGs was basically identical but the story was cool? /nostalgia.

come on ya'll XIII wasn't that bad.... I mean the story kinda blowed, but it had one of the best combat systems in any FF by far. (IMO) and me thinks gameplay is more important than story atleast in this case.
what combat system? Walking from a to b and pressing x?

Almost everything was done for you... in FFXII you almost had to do nothing, and in FFXIII you didn't have to do anything....

Sign in to follow this