TheZigzagoon

Why do Avex have shipping restrictions?

Because some Japanese publishers don't want that oversea people can buy their stuff easy anymore due to much illegal sharing of their music and videos around the world. 

So it's the Japanese publishers fight against the illegal dark world!  

Yeah, the best guess so far is that it all has to do with global anime licensing, a possible agreement between some international anime distributors and Avex or their plans for the global market. But then, why on Earth some music DVDs and stuff like HiGH&LOW are affected as well? Stuff that has nothing at all to do with anime?

And it is clearly not a "fight against the illegal dark world" as then it wouldn't only affect DVDs. My guess it is just someone being lazy to check what is included in the restricted items, but who knows what's the truth? And it is especially pointless as all that stuff is available globally at other online stores...

Japan have always been so much more into these “local only” mindset, it is ingrained in their heads, like how some stores, hotels or bath houses in Japan won’t allow foreigners, and that’s why J-Pop have never  really explode like K-Pop does. By that I mean the scene itself not just one or two artists who managed to crossover. They’re just weird like that, I guess. Meanwhile, look at these K-Pop acts, Big Bang toured all over the place, Asia, North and South America, Australia, Europe. They even managed to perform at Madison Square Garden, which is not a small feat. Another band  just performed live on American Music Awards last weekend, and featured on US’s popular talkshow like Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel, and another band was plugged in Justice League movie. All these thanks to their global reach.

I especially can’t fathom this mentality when it comes to VK bands. For example the recent D mini album and Schwarz Stein best albums releases. They’d make it easier for overseas fans if they could make it available on Amazon JP or CD Japan, but they don’t.

But that is not the end of the world so long you really want to have that item and have the money, there will always be a way! Try to use proxy service like DeJapan for these “Japan only” stuffs. They’re great. And very secure packaging too.