Sign in to follow this  
ginHigure

CELLPHONES

Yeah a topic all on cell phones.

I have a questions for you all.

Im gonna get an android, but i don't know which one to get. Any recommendations of which one is better and why?

What things does it include and such?

top 5 Android phone of 2010:

1. Samsung Epic 4G

the best in general droid phone of the year, have front camera, 4G connection, sliding keyboards, and the most complete flash supports than any android phone in the market.

2. Google Nexus S

Best selling because it's the first droid phone that using GIngerbread OS

3. HTC Evo 4G

the noble steed of droid phone. Good for businesmen.

1GHZ processor and 512 GB RAM make this phone really fast for acessing any phone activities.

4. Motorola Droid X

it got HD video recording (720p), big screen (4,3 inch) HDMI output, 8 Megapixels camera, 4x digital zoom, double LED flash.

Make this the best droid camera phone in the market.

5. HTC Droid Incredible

the best droid phone for web browsing.

Have the most responsive and user friendly virtual keyboard.

And the rest is up to what you need.

Do you need it for internet or for music or for camera.

Of course beside it's main functions for communicating by phone call or texting.

^ i basically want it for everything, camera i do want one in it but not much of a big deal. Music i do want that, and browsing web yes!

maybe you'd want to get epic 4G or anyother samsung galaxy S line. They're the most bought android phone last year.

when it comes to usability, anything that comes with a contract for verizon. sprint, at&t, and t-mobil, etc. all suck. go with any verizon phone really. Besides, the Samsung epic 4g is ridiculously expensive when a competitive phone such as the htc evo is so much cheaper, but that's not verizon supported.

better waits for Optimus X2 if you like it up to date.

It will have dual core processor,

Which means make super fast access to menu and apps.

It will be by T-Mobile, will released around Feb 2011

(Released in Korea January 2011, EU couple of weeks after Korea release and North America after)

Here are some other details on this phone:

• 4-inch WVGA display (apparently not AMOLED)
    8MB on board storage + microSD expansion
    1500mAh battery (about the same as other phones)
    Android 2.2 (Froyo)
    8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
    HDMI mirroring
    1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording
    NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor (the same processor that Toshiba AC100 netbook using)

But not many people using LG android though,

That might means something.

If you want top of the line, wait a month or so, in a couple days Verizon will be revealing their 4G LTE phones. You'd be a fool to sign up with Sprint, because they use WiMAX technology which is the slowest 4G in the world, Verizon's 4G speeds will easily double theirs.

The HTC Thunderbolt will be the first 4G LTE phone which will probably be available later this month or in February, very similar to the HTC EVO, but has a dual core processor and can record in 1080p everything else I think is the same. But it will be a lot faster especially browsing the internet since you'll be on Verizon's 4G instead of Sprint's. My Verizon rep (I sell cell phones 3rd party) told me their 4G scored at 26mbps in comparison Sprint is probably like 12mbps (but my 3G Droid is like 5mbps and it's still pretty fast).

But yeah, if you're going to settle for an Optimus, it'd be cool, but it only has a 600MHz processor which was like what they were putting in phones 2 years ago, everything current has like double that, so if anything I would wait for the Optimus 2X like Chianti already mentioned, which is also going to be one of Verizon's LTE phones but it may come out for T-Mobile and other carriers like he mentioned previously. But yeah it has a dual core processor, so it'll probably have a clockspeed of like 1.2GHz or something around there.

But pretty much with a 600Mhz processor, you PROBABLY won't even get Gingerbread 2.3 OS, and be stuck with Froyo which is already becoming outdated, because not only is there Gingerbread now, there's going to be Honeycomb 3.0 in about a month, and they're already talking about Ice Cream (?) which is the next OS update, so you're gonna get a really outdated phone.

If you have any other questions, I can guarantee you I'm the biggest Android enthusiast on this site, and feel free to ask me any other questions here or Facebook or something.

yea what jake said... I would definitely wait for verizon to reveal there 4G LTE phones, hell that's the only reason I haven't upgraded my phone yet :lol:

They announced several new processors (to proceed after the NVIDIA Tegra II) one was Texas Instrument I think that was dual core, it can do the same things as the Tegra II but it could also handle 3D 1080p movies with no 3D Glasses! And it could run 2 12MP (I think it was 12MP) cameras simultaneously. And it was at least a 1.5GHz processor possibly per core meaning it would be 3GHz which is faster than my home PC.

The second one was a quad core I forgot who made it, but was capable of the same things but they only put 1.2+ GHz as the clock speed.

Can't wait to see what the future holds! My upgrade will be in November 2011, by then they should have some pretty sick phones out!

Sign in to follow this