Sign in to follow this  
Number Girl

The Japanese Metal Thread

^ Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Can't wait to hear it. ^^

From the samples, it sounds like they re-recorded the song "cry" from the "die hard" single - which was awesome.

Is she-ja still their guitarist?

Not pure metal at all but I do love me some Boris or Onmyouza. Could never get into sigh though. They're quite popular but don't like their music.

I must admit I really only like the albums Gallows Gallery and Imaginary Sonicscape ;) I haven't fully listened to their entire discography, just bits and pieces from other albums but I always just end up going back to those two.

Onmyouza is tight though ~ I have only listened to their early material, not much of their current stuff :-S

J-metal is just awesome:

Anthem & Ezio Sakamoto and Sex Machineguns are awesome and crazy in a positive way :D

I'm currently checking Loudness, Aion, SeikimaII, Onmyouza, Gargoyle.

Has EZO been mentioned yet? "Here It Comes", "Kiss of Fire" among other songs are incredible. Before EZO they were called Flatbacker but I prefer their two albums under the EZO name.

I gotta check out other Loudness albums. I've only heard Soldier of Fortune so far. What's the best album to go to next?

Very generic suggestions for Loudness but Thunder in the East and Disillusion (English or Japanese version) are classic albums. A key thing to know about Loudness is to listen to the ones with Niihara as singer.

Mike Vescera just sucks. . .don't even bother.

Very generic suggestions for Loudness but Thunder in the East and Disillusion (English or Japanese version) are classic albums. A key thing to know about Loudness is to listen to the ones with Niihara as singer.

Mike Vescera just sucks. . .don't even bother.

B-b-b-bu-b-... but I like Soldier of Fortune.

I'll try the ones you suggested now.

OHMYGAWD loudness will be in cleveland on sunday.

i would go but my dad's getting married on sunday.

Ef_3OAI0x_E

SABER TIGER - Angel Of Wrath (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
Taken from the album "Decisive"
EDGE TRAX 2011
+actually being released yesterday aug 3 2011

One of my favorite Japanese metal bands has to be Church of Misery. I just love all that

God i forgot to mention this! They are amazing, especially live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynX7EL-RKQ Dat bass

I missed my chance of seeing them due to financial problems, but there's always the next time as they seem to really like Finland.

Also Japanese Thrash! Rosenfeld comes to mind first. That stuff is essential.

gIaeCvKqwLk

SABER TIGER - Misery PV
PARAGRAPH 4 2011.12.21. OUT
[DISC ONE : HARD SIDE]
1. Bad Devotion
2. Fading, Crying Star
3. The Vague Blessings
4. Two Dimensional Sky
5. Thrillseeker
6. No Fault/No Wrong
7. Die With Cryin'
8. Dividing Line
9. Lord
10. MABOROSHI

[DISC TWO : HEART SIDE]
1. Silly
2. Distress
3. Spiral Life
4. Recollection
5. Silly Man
6. Myself (Acoustic Version)
7. Misery (Orchestra Version)

uHyFNbVsj4c

CONCERTO MOON - SAVIOR NEVER CRY PV
released on September 07, 2011

+while searching in youtube

is that the saber tiger that caused hide to change his first bands name?

yes. hide's band was changed because they saw the Sapporo SABER TIGER and they changed it to YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER.

Wait, I thought Saber Tiger and Saver Tiger were the same band . . . if that's what you are talking about.

even though they (横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER, SABER TIGER) both formed a band in 1981, YOKOSUKA SABER TIGER disbanded in 2001 while SABER TIGER from Sapporo is still releasing albums and performing lives until today. Akihito Kinoshita formed the SABER TIGER while Hideto Matsumoto formed the 横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER.

+ popular other ex - members

SABER TIGER - Masafumi Minato (DEAD END)

横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER - kyo, TETSU (D'ERLANGER)

changing pace a bit, Corrupted put out what may be one of my favorite albums of 2011 earlier this year. being somewhat unfamiliar with the band past seeing their name around, I just did some last.fm'ing and, despite being japanese, apparently most of their lyrics are in spanish. pretty unique i guess? doom/sludge stuff with post-rock influence, btw.

zWJw7tsInY4

is that the saber tiger that caused hide to change his first bands name?

yes. hide's band was changed because they saw the Sapporo SABER TIGER and they changed it to YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER.

Wait, I thought Saber Tiger and Saver Tiger were the same band . . . if that's what you are talking about.

even though they (横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER, SABER TIGER) both formed a band in 1981, YOKOSUKA SABER TIGER disbanded in 2001 while SABER TIGER from Sapporo is still releasing albums and performing lives until today. Akihito Kinoshita formed the SABER TIGER while Hideto Matsumoto formed the 横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER.

+ popular other ex - members

SABER TIGER - Masafumi Minato (DEAD END)

横須賀サーベルタイガー YOKOSUKA SAVER TIGER - kyo, TETSU (D'ERLANGER)

Okay, thanks for that info. I had no idea there were two different bands. I had always thought Japan had one Sab/ver Tiger. :)

Well, yeah . . . it wasn't my favorite album of theirs ever, but it had a couple of decent songs. If you mean as in a download, you can probably try looking over the internet someone should have posted it, but I got mine from iTunes. I did upload one song in the second Project Mixtape thread if you wanna see that.

Sign in to follow this