Sign in to follow this  
*りりこ*

Introducing again because 久しぶり

Good morning!I am introducing again (I was very active some years ago but didn't write for a while honestly). because finally I have a chance to come back to Japan for a longer period than last time and to enjoy some visual kei lives, and I want to get updated with new bands.

I am a 22 years old girl from Milano, Italy, who is majoring in Japanese at university. My Japanese level for now is a lower intermediate, between a N4 and a N3. I am interested in visual kei and Japanese subculture since I was 12 years old thanks to anime.

My favourite visual kei, Jrock and J-metal bands are (well, half of them is disbanded lol, thank goodness there are other awesome bands still around :D) R-shitei, Merry, Kagerou, D'EspairsRay, Dir en grey, Mucc, girugamesh, The GazettE, Vidoll, Ayabie, Dio, Nega, Kiryu, DIAURA, SuG,  An Cafe, MEJIBRAY, lynch., Plastic Tree, Miyavi, Maximum The Hormone, ONE OK ROCK, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, BUMP OF CHICKEN, the back horn, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, coldrain, Crossfaith... Speaking about western music, I really like nu-metal, grunge and metalcore.

For now I have been able to see some visual kei and jrock concerts just in Italy because every time I went to Japan (sadly not that often XD just twice for now) all the lives I was interested were already sold out or I did not have enough time (like it was a last-minute trip because I found a very good plane offer and so on), so I really can't wait for the next time as I am planning to see at least 3-4 concerts of some of these bands I listed here XD

I am also really interested in anime and manga, videogames, art and design from Japan. I also enjoy and like to learn about Japanese traditional culture as well but that doesn't stop me to be interested in subcultures as well.

I would really like to know some new visual kei and jrock bands who recently formed and you think are good, so try to suggest me some new bands ^^

Best regards,

E.

Edited by *りりこ*

Welcome back to the forum! Cool taste. Glad to see you mention THE BACK HORN too, as they don't seem to get a lot of love these days! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Thank you so much ^_^ Yeah actually a Japanese friend introduced me The Back Horn and I sadly agree, they're very undervalued as well XD Hope they will still be around!

Sign in to follow this